• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Uniqlo premium denim from Tokyo, who's interested?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
So... Uniqlo currently has two colors of premium selvege denim for sale here, indigo and overdye black. Button fly, white with red stripe selvege detail, red leather back pocket tag, standard Uniqlo length (34 I think?)

sizes up to 38

Red
Worldwide using 15 ounces [hebiueito] material of the [kaihara] corporation of the famous denim manufacturer. You adhered from the cotton which is used for cloth, you used “the mother cotton” of the brown cotton which has depth in color, former times [serubitsuji] to weave with the shuttle loom which is manufacturing method (the red ear) you made with the denim. “The material feeling premiere impression denim peculiar above”
Semi-translated page with pics here.

I am willing to bring some back if anyone is interested.

$65 shipped in the Continental US.

PM me with sizes if interested.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone seen whether these are available in the NYC store?

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tigerx
do you have any measurement?

Not other than waist and length. They look like a fairly average straight leg cut. I'm not familiar enough with other denims to be able to compare them. I swear I saw some skinny-fit selvege too, but they aren't showing on the website, so either I was imagining things, or... they have product in the store that they aren't selling online. I will go back and check it out for like thigh measurements and etc. if you want.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iazniguy
i heard they are now. but if im correct they go for about 80. not sure

****, maybe I should raise my prices.
smile.gif

To reiterate, the $65 shipped cost is from the US when I return. Some of that cost is going to be shipping, some is going to be the cost of checking and carrying an additional bag full of heavy ass denim.

I'm going to cap this price at about 10 pairs. (not including the ones I've already promised J and Bishop). Any orders above and beond that will probably be slightly more.

iazniguy

Reaction score
can you get the measurement of the leg opening of the premium regular fit vs the premium skinny jeans. Yea i think they have the skinny.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they are $49.50 at Uniqlo NY. When available.

I have non-selvage s-002 from last year, decent jeans but I don't wear them all that much.

Fuckk they are indeed $80.. not worth it.

iazniguy

Reaction score
what the measurement on the s002 that you have. they are probably the same measurement of the premium i believe.

Originally Posted by Tarmac
I'm pretty sure they are $49.50 at Uniqlo NY. When available.

I have non-selvage s-002 from last year, decent jeans but I don't wear them all that much.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here are the measurements of my 30 x 32 tagged '06 nonselvage S-002 when new:

Waist 32
Inseam 32.5
Hem 8.7 ish
RR 14.5
FR 10

They shrink about 1 inch in length only. Basically negligible.

I felt they ran mega large in the waist. I almost bought a 29 but unlike most of my other jeans, the ass-balls area was proportionally tighter, not enough room for me.

By the way, I'm guessing these new S-002s are a completely different cut. My old versions are not slim cut in the least. I would say they are most similar to APC Rescues, maybe even looser.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I don't think the S-002's looked that slim. (IE It looks like I'd be able to fit in them). Not familiar with APC rescues, but they look like a straight or classic cut. I thought I saw some slim selvege while I was there, but I cannot evidence it on the website, so I'll have to go back and check.

ratboycom

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a pair of the straight selvage, they run a bit big (I wore them in my last WAYWN pic). I suggest 1-2 sizes smaller than normal for a good fit. They are still a bit big in the thigh area though. They also have Skinny fit selvage available.

The measurements on the S-002s are kinda wacky, these raw selvage ones run a bit big, the single wash S-002s I got last year are slimmer but still a little big, and the lightly distressed S-002s I got last summer run by far the smallest/slimmest.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
In response to payment query:

I have a paypal account... But in all honesty, I would rather do a personal check or preferrably a money order sent to me with a shipping address when I return, so as not to incur $30 in paypal fees over the course of all the denim transactions I anticipate doing. I have enough money to buy outright about ten pairs of jeans to bring back, and really don't mind doing so for forum members.

If you would prefer paypal, and do not mind an additional $3 to cover the fees, I am willing to do that as well. Please let me know.

I will be buying within the next 48 hours, if you want to pay me before then through paypal, you may, otherwise I will just expect a check or money order when I return.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
s002s are slightly less slim than new standard (but not rescue big)
s000s are slightly more slim than new standard (but not new cure slim)

$80 and they're in the NY store now. The denim looks really good for a under $100 jean. There have been nothing but solid reviews about the old uniqlo selvage line they had and it appears to be a great deal for a cheap pair of quality selvage jeans if one of the cuts works for you.

I suggest 1(maybe 2 if you really want) size down on the 002. True to size (maybe 1 size down if you really want) on the s000s.

There is a large thread about it on sufu with only 1 fit pic though because it's a relatively new thing (in the states they came out this week).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads