• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turnbull & Asser shirts: pricing

hysteria

Reaction score
Salvatore Piccolo.
Salvatore Piccolo.
Finamore.
Barba.
Mazzarelli.
G.inglese.
Santillo.
Borriello.
Maria Santangelo.
Vanacore.
Fralbo.
Avino.

Thanks for sharing the list sir.
That's a long list. Would you be able to offer some further guidance regarding some of these makers, perhaps top 5 and if there are specific reasons you'd go to each one?

Johnny80

Reaction score
I agree with aristoi , at least with Finamore and Barba especially who makes sales at least twice per year , around 30% , so you get a better fitted and fabric shirt for under €200

Last edited:

aristoi bcn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the list sir.
That's a long list. Would you be able to offer some further guidance regarding some of these makers, perhaps top 5 and if there are specific reasons you'd go to each one?

These brands have different ranges but all of them are able to do a very good shirt with more or less handmade steps. My recommendation would be Piccolo of via chiaia as you can buy directly online from a wide range of fabrics and measurements are provided with possibility to adjust them.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Finamores I have are very good.
Also, Hilditich and Key approaches $300 these days
Their semi annual sales offer major discounts.
One coming in June. For bargain shirts with a very
British look and decent quality, I recommend Cordings.
They are VERY full, but at these prices worth altering.

pendragon

Reaction score
My shop has altered some T & A shirts in the last year. generally, still a well made shirt. I have noticed that they have started to fuse some collars.
Fabrics from 10-20 years ago were much better then today, but I can say that of all brands and mills.

I can understand RTW brands lowering their quality, but are you saying the fabric mills themselves are also doing so?

Shirtmaven

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I can understand RTW brands lowering their quality, but are you saying the fabric mills themselves are also doing so?
Innovation is about producing the same item for less money. Perceived enhancements to fool the consumer.
I have cotton fabric in my shop that was woven in the previous century. These fabrics feel so much better then shirting woven today. Fabric today may be thinner and feel softer, but this is achieved using new weaving techniques, resins and softeners.
I would sooner wear a shirt made from
100/2 ply yarns woven in Italy in 1980 woven on slower narrow looms, then a 160/2 or higher woven this year on wider and faster looms.
Come by my shop to feel for yourself.

hysteria

Reaction score
Salvatore Piccolo.
Salvatore Piccolo.
Finamore.
Barba.
Mazzarelli.
G.inglese.
Santillo.
Borriello.
Maria Santangelo.
Vanacore.
Fralbo.
Avino.

Have you had any issues with items shipped from Borriello?
They have some really nice options and it looks like it would probably be a good fit for me, but there are some scathing reviews about them messing up sizes when shipping or not shipping orders after receiving payment.
Finamore also seems amazing, esp at the discounted prices, but sadly, their ***** are on the fuller side and they rarely stock their smallest size which would be the only one that would fit :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads