• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Trip to the UK in late April and early May - What clothing should I bring?

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Achilles, how was the trip?

The trip was amazing!

I posted on the wall of the armory thread, talking briefly about the Drakes store (amazing place!)

The shops were incredible in that area, and the shopping mall I went to off oxford street was filled with Zegna Couture, Brioni, etc

I went to one thrift store, but the prices were very very high for used clothing :cloud:

I loved the building and museums and people. I don't think I could ever afford to live in the are I would want, but I will definitely visit again!

My only gripe is the cost of the food, but then again I was in the most expensive part of the city...

Loathing

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to our humble city.

Which "shopping mall" are you referring to? Selfridges?

Also, did you make it to Knightsbridge? It's actually more expensive their than Mayfair, these days.

Achilles_

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip to our humble city.
Which "shopping mall" are you referring to? Selfridges?
Also, did you make it to Knightsbridge? It's actually more expensive their than Mayfair, these days.

Hmmm I can't remember. It was a block or two from the Bond Street tube platform on oxford street though...

E TF

Reaction score
Sounds like Selfridges.
Glad you had a good time, you see so many threads about upcoming trips/weddings/interviews etc and never hear anything more - it's nice to get a bit of feedback!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads