• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Hello Everyone,I asked Richard from Shoehealer about colours for the binding and he told me that pink is not available.The available colours are
C shade,Navy blue,black,mushroom,coffee,red,dark green,mid-brown,dark brown and white.
Incidentally,he said a group of Trickers/Shoehealer Monkey boots will be shown on their website this Wednesday.There will be several colours but very limited numbers for each colour.

i think navy blue, tan (mushroom?) or white probably, no?

Slonukhi58

Reaction score
Hi Mr.Chorizo,
I forgot to mention in my last message that Richard suggested sticking with white binding rather than a contrasting binding in the "wrong" shade.I don't think another colour would be possible anyway,given that we can only have 2 colours/materials.
I'd be happy with a white leather brogue on the 4444 last,tan lining,pink suede heel,pink or blue pull-tab and Commando soles.I'd prefer brown soles but I could live with black!The eyelets and laces in white and a natural leather Barbour welt would be fine with me but I wouldn't want white suede anywhere on the shoe,for reasons of practicality.
Anyone else out there interested?

mr chorizo

Reaction score

Hi Mr.Chorizo,
I forgot to mention in my last message that Richard suggested sticking with white binding rather than a contrasting binding in the "wrong" shade.I don't think another colour would  be possible anyway,given that we can only have 2 colours/materials.
I'd be happy with a white leather brogue on the 4444 last,tan lining,pink suede heel,pink or blue pull-tab and Commando soles.I'd prefer brown soles but I could live with black!The eyelets and laces in white and a natural leather Barbour welt would be fine with me but I wouldn't want white suede anywhere on the shoe,for reasons of practicality.
Anyone else out there interested?

I am....

boomtime

Reaction score
Hello figured I'd ask here to see if I could spark any interest. Would there be a group of people interested in a Tricker's MTO of a shoe similar to one built by LS a year or so back the Keswick for Denim model. I'll post a couple images below to refresh your memory, and if we get enough interest I can get in contact with everyone and get more concrete details about the build.

CHRK33

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hello figured I'd ask here to see if I could spark any interest. Would there be a group of people interested in a Tricker's MTO of a shoe similar to one built by LS a year or so back the Keswick for Denim model. I'll post a couple images below to refresh your memory, and if we get enough interest I can get in contact with everyone and get more concrete details about the build.

I would be interested.

boomtime

Reaction score
Cool CHRK33 2/6 with potential interest. I was just thinking these might look extra sharp with brass eyelets too.

qwertgfdsa

Reaction score

Interested +1.

boomtime

Reaction score
looks like we are making some progress 3/6 half way haha....And keep the input coming on small mods or opinions on the build.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

my one off MTO seem to have arrived on the shoe healer FB page. Will of course post better pics when they arrive.

pebble grain/cordovan longwing. storm welt, commando sole. matched eyelets. blue lining/pulltab

i would have preferred the shell everywhere but the vamp.

boomtime

Reaction score

what colors were you thinking?

We are looking at the color combo I posted a few posts above two tone Blue and Coffee Burnished. Still brainstorming slight tweaks brass eyelets, lighter edge trim, pull tab...I think this should have good appeal as it's a very wearable color combination but unique at the same time.

rkusmant

Reaction score
New MTO ideas:

As suggested by zippyh:
Last: 4444
Color: Navy Calf
Welt: Natural barbour welt
Eyelets: Brass
Sole: Red dainite

Comments:
I prefer other color for the sole, I'm indifferent for materials, but recently I bought few pairs with red dainite, but I know I have been convinced to get red dainite few times.

I'm sure for upper color, there'll be more ideas, I don't have navy blue boots yet, so this is still game for me, if we're looking for late summer delivery we can have suede boots or something similar.

Edit: New insight from Pitti
New dainities...

See leather options (blue pebble grain on vamps below)

Last edited:

mothball

Reaction score
I had just emailed Richard over the weekend about a navy Stow, but I like this better. I agree on the sole--I'd probably prefer blue Dainite, but red wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

boomtime

Reaction score
The Navy Dainite could look really cool I was wanting to do a color, but thought red would be too random for since it was a two tone shoe already the new soles from Pitti solve that issue. We got the interest head count up to 4/6 people in a couple days things are looking good. Once we hit the required 6 people I'll get in contact with shoe healer and get the costs and stuff for the build and hopefully we can get this little MTO rolling.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads