1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tricker's MTO - Forum group buy

Discussion in 'Preorders, Group Made-to-order, trunk shows, and o' started by rkusmant, May 4, 2011.

1. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

I think Saphir Reno is better for them.

2. planetarium

planetarium Senior member

I could definitely be up for an Eaton on the 4497s, but if it's the 4444 I'm probably out.

What is the cost for a single MTO these days?

3. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

GBP 495 + VAT for single MTO.
    GBP 325-355 (VAT incl) for group order.

4. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

Hello to all

After quite a while lurking on this thread (and the forum for that matter) I am now inspired to make my first post in reply to the suggestion of a custom make up. Although I had a 25 year career in the footwear industry I did not purchase my first pair of Trickers until two years ago. During a trip to London I stopped by the shop and purchased a pair of leather sole Stow boots in waxy scuff leather. Last year I was able to procure a pair of the Kurt Geiger limited edition Stow boots (with an embossed grain motorcycle "patch" sewn over the wing tip).

Owning two pair of Stow wing tip boots creates the interest in a cap toe. The Eaton mentioned above sounds quite interesting especially if it would be done on the Stow last. The Red color sounds nice (which leather as I did not see a sample swatch and name on Richards site - just a picture of the shoe).

May I also propose the same cap toe Eaton on Stow last however in a blue leather with a red Dainite sole (nice contrast). This past season Norse Projects in Copenhagen did an interesting blue suede Stowe with a red Dainite sole
    http://www.norsestore.com/commodity/14195

and Leather Sole in Hawaii just brought in a similar cap toe pattern (to the Eaton sans perforation) also in blue with a red sole
    http://leathersoulhawaii.com/new-arrivals/

Best
    Gregg

5. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

For reference. Lollipop cavalier leather.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

Just an idea for the sole, what if use Ridgeway sole?
    [​IMG]

So far:
    1. Eaton in Lollipop Cavalier
    2. Eaton in Blue leather (or suede)
    3. Herman in Blue leather
    4. Eaton without medallion in lollipop cavalier (must check with Trickers, they rejected similar offer before)

toe cap reference:
    [​IMG]

Last: 4497 might be the favorite one here
    Barbour welt
    Sole: Dainite or Ridgeway?
    Brass eyelet

Lining and Pull tab: ?

Usually when we have 6 folks we can be guaranteed production, however, if RIchard is willing to pick up the rest of order, we might be able to start with less than 6. Again the more the merrier.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  7. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

To qualify I meant only blue leather (not suede).
    I actually purchased the Norse Stow's in blue suede and returned them immediately. All details in the pattern disappeared with the suede ( I think it must have to do with the waterproof treatment of the Repello suede masking details - too uniform in appearance).
    Cap definitely needs the medallion toe.

Gregg

8. zippyh

zippyh Senior member

Any of those four sounds pretty good .
    Agree with Gregg on not suede though.

I'd prefer Dainite but Ridgeway might work.

Red lining looks good with blue leather.
    [​IMG]

9. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

NICE!

Put a red dainite on those with a cap toe medallion and you have one nice shoe!

Gregg

PS I assume there is only one blue - Parisian ?

10. heterophilous

heterophilous Well-Known Member

i've always really liked this "short stow" ankle boot concept by bureau belfast in brown zug grain:

[​IMG]

perhaps we could do a twist, by making it on the sleeker "not stow" W2298 last?

[​IMG]

not sure if this is possible on the W2298 last, but i think it'd look great . ..

11. planetarium

Quote: Either sole option sounds good to me, though pairing the red Dainite with the lollipop leather could be quite smart, a slight variation on the Bureau's Stows posted above. I'm actually leaning toward the brown eyelets, especially if paired with the darker Dainite or Ridgeway soles, but brass would complement a red Dainite well.

I like the standard beige lining, but would not oppose a more contrasting color for personal flair. I feel the same about the pull tab; I'd probably choose something that doesn't stand out, but the color of the pull tab isn't going to make or break the boot for me.

12. planetarium

Additionally, would anybody be interested in a similar boot using brown or black zug grain?

13. buzzlulu

buzzlulu Senior member

If I understand correctly (without getting sidetracked by a potential second shoe) things seem to be narrowing down to a perforated cap toe medallion boot - 4497 (Stow) last - brass eyelets - Barbour welt - red Dainite sole in either Parisian Blue (red linning and pull tab) or Red Lollipop leather (lining and pull tab TBD)?

I would be in for a pair of these.

Gregg

14. oven1969

oven1969 Well-Known Member

received the shoes today, love them! and definitely no need to apologize.

I will take photos comparing them to my Junya Black and Thom Browne soon

thanks again, everyone
    brian

15. pthree

pthree Well-Known Member

Any interest in doing a black calf/scotch grain Bourton in the same styling as the End Clothing longwing? Maybe without the metal eyelets and a red lining instead.

16. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

Just an idea for the sole, what if use Ridgeway sole?

toe cap reference:
    [​IMG]
    [quote

i really like this pattern for a make up, especially in a tonal mixed media shoe. could be v cool with pebbled leather, smooth calf/shell, and suede in a a brown scheme.

union made did a make up with alden in a similar fashion that i really liked.

[​IMG]

17. ducky

ducky Senior member

I like it too.
    this would require rather 4444 last, and flat welt :)

18. badeggcat

badeggcat Senior member

I'll be game for a toe cap shoe in brown calf/scotch grain on 4444 last.

19. mr chorizo

mr chorizo Senior member

i'm in too!

just a quick word on calf here...i'm all for calf but I like the idea of doing shell vs pebble grain also. for these mixed media make ups, there is less of an upcharge on shell as each pair only requires one indiviudual shell, vs the 2 you would need if you did a make up entirely of shell.

20. rkusmant

rkusmant Senior member

How the mixed media going to be laid out?
    I think putting the 'saddle' style might work for more people...
    Tricker's shell IMO is not worth the upcharge, who knows if they even consider 'half order' than usual for mixed media.