• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

trends you hate on plebs

bassmanpatsfan18

Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Jet- Prosciutto on pizza is damn good. There is this pizza they make at whole foods (the big ones that have in house oven baked pizzas) with prosciutto, fresh tomatoesgoat cheese, arugala, and some mozzeraella and it's un ******* believable. There is this other place near me that has a white pie with great prosciutto, fresh basil and fresh mozz, and some fresh sliced tomatoes. So good.
You're in Boston? Go to Gran Gusto in Cambridge if you haven't already. They have a pizza with parma prosciutto, buffalo mozzarella, parmigiano and arugula. It's ******* delicious. That place probably has the best pizza I've ever tasted (my mom's Italian and she makes good pizza).

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
ranch dressing

I assure you sir, I only buy Hidden Valley.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gravitas

I'm never taking you to pan-Asian food for your birthday ever again.

Gravitas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
I'm never taking you to pan-Asian food for your birthday ever again.

I'm sure LK probably buys Grey Poupon if you wish to dine with him.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I like Hawaiian pizza, BBQ pizza, and ranch dressing with french fries. Don't care if this makes me a pleb it is delicious.
Don't get me wrong, i love food of the common man like taco trucks, bbq out of a trailer in an abandoned parking lot and what not, but i don't do the ranch thing. I mean, it's not like i live in a trailer or anything.

Flambeur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You know, I just finally realized that this thread is ultimately flawed.

I hate the plebs. Therefore I hate anything the plebs wear.

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
i'd kill myself is that was the fanciest place in town
i atleast have a choice of 5 fine italian places within 10 minutes (all closer than olive garden) and i live in a town that still has cows and a horse farm

In the reader's poll for my local newspaper, Olive Garden got 3rd place for "Best Italian Restaraunt."
facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by Big Punisher
Yeah still trying to adjust to this small town life.
frown.gif
Nicest clothing stores: JC Penney and Herberger's
suicide.gif

Only nice stores are like 100 miles away.

I was just thinking, not counting socks and boxers, about 90% of my wardrobe was bought online. Damn.

Me too. There's a "lifestyle center" (basically, an outdoor mall catering to the 30-something professional set) about three miles from me with Brooks Bros., J. Crew and DSW (a shoe store filled with square toes). That's as "nice" as you're going to get in Greensboro. Then you have Four Seasons with stores geared to the younger set (Ambercrombie, Victoria's Secret, Gap, etc.).

Not even American Apparel or Urban Outfitters, never mind high-end department stores. The anchors of Four Seasons is JC Penney, Belks, and Dillards.

I'd say 95% of my wardrobe is bought online. The other 5% is socks, underwear, and maybe an odd t-shirt from Pac Sun or American Eagle. Certainly nothing like outerwear or shoes.

Originally Posted by Gravitas

I loves me some Ranch dressing, but Hidden Valley for some reason has an acrid chemical taste.

When I was in eighth grade, I used to clandestinely put a container of ranch dressing from the salad bar into my milk carton during lunch so I could drink ranch dressing with a straw without anyone else knowing. Meanwhile, my cooler classmates were drinking and **********.

Originally Posted by Flambeur
You know, I just finally realized that this thread is ultimately flawed.

I hate the plebs. Therefore I hate anything the plebs wear.

This thread... is snub!!!

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
bucks have never been workwear. not timeless either. youthful leisure trend of the early 1930s. forerunner of the common sneaker. conspicuous preppy consumption of the 1980s.

i like bucks. i wish them the best. wish they were more common in the shopping malls.

still it's wrong to lump them with longwings and other clunky dress shoes. it is ironic how the geeks of classic style argue history is on their side & then promote a made-up and wishful history of dress in america.

ham and pineapple is the best cold pizza style. it is timeless

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads