• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top quality belts

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
I have two belts from LGC and they are both quite well made, IMO.
Well, I've tried to figure out who the initials "LGC" stand for, but have given up. Who are they?

Roger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte
Fleming's is very fast and cheaper as well. Fleming's belt is the one that most other belt makers have copied. What hasn't been copied are the fabulous skins Bob, the owner of Fleming's, goes to Paris to buy. Their service is wonderful. Belts are their business.
They have some nice buckles too. How would you rate those?
devil.gif

misterjase

Reaction score
While there is a Hermes store where i live, nevertheless, can a Hermes belt be purchased via internet (not ebay)?

slipperywhenwet

Reaction score
I have a reversible Gucci belt that has lasted me for years. Aside from scuffs on the buckle it's still in great shape. To reverse the belt, the buckle spins right before the clasp that connects it to the leather.

I also have a Ferragamo reversible belt that has left me very disappointed. Unlike the Gucci belt, in order to reverse the Ferragamo one, I must unclasp the buckle from the leather, switch it, and re-clasp. Unfortunately, this damages the belt, and it's chewed the leather so much that i had to shorten it to get a good hold. Also, the plasticy black trim around the edge of the belt peeled within a week of owning it.

I would love to own an Hermes belt, but I haven't been able to justify the price. Is it really as good as I hear? They have a brown/blue one that I think would be a lot of fun.

VictorC

Reaction score
Im looking for a curved buckle black belt, but all the buckles seem to be rectangular out there for some reason. I think they call it a D shaped buckle is what im after.The buckles all seem to be silver looking as well. And not goldish colour. Not that i would mind it being silverish as long as it is D shaped.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by misterjase
While there is a Hermes store where i live, nevertheless, can a Hermes belt be purchased via internet (not ebay)?

Yes.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
House of Fleming is a quality store here in town. I've been impressed with their merchandise but I do agree that Kielty's buckles set the standard.

I've been quite happy with a few Martin Dingman belts I have.
smile.gif

Fulcannelli

Reaction score
I got one from Elliot Rhodes that im pleased with

caelte

Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
House of Fleming is a quality store here in town. I've been impressed with their merchandise but I do agree that Kielty's buckles set the standard. I've been quite happy with a few Martin Dingman belts I have.
smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words, AF. Martin Dingman seems to be making a strong effort at making quality leather goods.

tattersall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Roger
Well, I've tried to figure out who the initials "LGC" stand for, but have given up. Who are they?

Leather Goods Connection
I've bought one belt from them in bridle hide for jeans. Very thick leather which will age nicely and a nondescript buckle. I would never consider them for a more formal belts. In that area I've been happy with EG (at 30 GBP, though) and teh RLPL alligator belts with sterling buckles that prop up on ebay from time to time.

Coho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Are these their MTM belts? I've been wanting to try but I didn't like their styling too much.

Originally Posted by Artisan Fan

I've been quite happy with a few Martin Dingman belts I have.
smile.gif

misterjase

Reaction score
Thanks. The Hermes site for Australia hasn't got an online boutique (yet) but I noticed that countries elsewhere have...so abroad via the ether I go (again).

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ah. Bluefly has tons of new Hermes stuff at very slight discounts. I think they'll ship to Oz. I believe there were a couple of belts there.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads