• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Top quality belts

dinka

Reaction score
just got me a Rock n Republic belt and its awesome. Very unique.

SupremeTroll

Reaction score
I thought this would be obvious.

Abercrombie and Fitch

Limniscate

Reaction score
The best belts that I've worn are those made my holster makers. However, they are usually extremely thick since they are designed to hold a holster with a pistol inside.

Chips

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish I would have saved the copy of Southwest Artist that had a brief article about a very talented belt maker who made beautiful sterling silver buckles ( obviously western style) but extremely beautiful sueded alligator. The photo they had was drool worthy.

I would have never thought that someone would give that treatment to alligator or croc.

mockingboy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Minkous
From my experience I find Trafalgar belts to be a great quality belt for the money. They have an array of styles, widths, leathers, buckles, and they can even be customized thru the company. Not to mention i was fairly impressed with their american alligator skin belts.

+1

hadamulletonce

Reaction score
Originally Posted by AnGeLiCbOrIs
Martin Dingman belts at the Nordstrom Rack.

+ 1 Really nice belts. Make sure the model has a solid brass buckle. I bought one that didn't and the finish came off within a few weeks.

I do like the reversible buckles on Ferragamo belts.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dinka
just got me a Rock n Republic belt and its awesome. Very unique.

Where did you get it? I am looking for some clean, classic black and brown ones.

mkarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
You asked for a negative comment. I am nothing, if not a people pleaser
smile.gif
. I love Hermes leather goods and certain pocket squares. I just dislike their ties... with a passion.

I love the silk of Hermes' ties, but just don't like their designs - snails, clowns, etc. on ties???

Opermann

Reaction score
I own brown black RL belts that I got from Marshalls for $25 each. They're made of Italian leather with sterling buckles and retailed for $125. Pretty good for the price--they have held up great and look really good. My 8 year old jeans belt from Gap has also held up well.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by caelte
The best belt maker is Bill Julian. He is better than Bea. Bea and Bill are the top.
There are no others that compare. Fleming's comes in after that but in a different category. Fleming's uses Hermes skins. They will send samples. It can take awhile to get a belt from Bill or Bea. Fleming's is very fast and cheaper as well. Fleming's belt is the one that most other belt makers have copied. What hasn't been copied are the fabulous skins Bob, the owner of Fleming's, goes to Paris to buy. Their service is wonderful. Belts are their business.

The ones House of Fleming's sell at NM in Atlanta suck and are pieced together terribly.

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RJman
Actually, I'm sure Montblanc's leather goods used to be decent, as they were made by Seeger. Its continuing expansion probably means that corners will be cut. But my problem with them is their wretched logo-ing.

And I don't have a problem with DuPont; their stuff seems nice although it's incredible they haven't gone out of business yet as they make huge losses.

ABP Paris does do belts. I recently took delivery of a shagreen travel frame from them since the person making them for Aubercy went out of business, and the Aubercy shagreen frame was much nicer both in quality of leather and of make. Someone told me Duret makes most of Aubercy's non-shoe/glove leathergoods, but apparently shagreen is handled by someone else. Correction: was.

Still, most of the other ABP stuff I've seen looks pretty good.

I was happy with my Edward Green belts, although they've somehow tripled in price the last few years. Hermes is nice... Anthony Delos will do bespoke belts, with the antiquing you wish for... I like my RJ patent leather belt as well and Longhi makes a good belt too.

Where to get Longhi belts in the USA? I saw these at Bel y Cie in barcelona and thought they were nice.

Busa Dave

Reaction score
Have 5 Gator, 3 Shell Alden's, Coach's, Shark's (were my Dad's) Ostrich and leather of course from Cows. Just got my belt from
worship2.gif
http://www.woodwardboots.com/page/page/2162635.htm and it makes all of my others seem "lacking" from the quality of the Cognac Gator, construction, silver buckles which he makes himself! I am ruined---getting a black one and he is making a sting ray band for my Panerai. Sending him one of my spares along with some hardware as soon as my wife brings it home for a pattern.

Have spoken with John several times and he is very customer oriented. Anyone else have any of his stuff???

JibranK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by finch
Not certain what factors in but I will say this, out of all my belts Prada, Gucci, CK, Boss etc. the two that I always go back too are the two I bought from Banana Republic one black and one brown. Both are simple clean suit belts, with all the wear and tear all the stitching is intact, no pulls in the holes nor have they scuffed from my BlackBerry holster.

Wait - those amazing stylemeisters aren't the best.
wow.gif
wow.gif
wow.gif
You gotta be kidding me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads