• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

leipergrey

Reaction score
I was torn between a cwu and an mdr. I might end up getting two--either cwu & mdr or moto & mdr.

Are the pockets of the cwu as hard to reach into & as small as the ones on the a2?

I barely use the a2's, but use the toj0's a lot--way easier to reach into & roomier.

Last edited:

johanm

Reaction score
Does anyone have a suiting wool MA1 in a larger size (52 or 54) and can speak to the sizing as compared to the leather jacket models? Having trouble figuring out the size chart because it accounts for the padding/loft and doesn't include waist measurements.

pl0nky

Reaction score
I'm just about ready to place my order. Black lamb QDR silver zips, bemberg lining.
I was suggested to go with something like this:
shoulders 17.0"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.1"
waist 18.6"
body length, front 21.5"
body length, back 23.6"
sleeve length, from shoulder 24.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.2"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.2"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.0"

I'm about 5'11 ~145-150. 38 chest, 28 waist. Do you guys think that these measurements are okay? I've already talked to charly about them and I'm just looking for more opinions. I'm basically mostly wondering about the jacket length. I want a cropped jacket, but not too much. With my height, will the current jacket length be fine? Do I need to go shorter? I think if I go down .5 inch it should be good? Should i keep the stock 46 length?

Just thought of this, does the p2p seem too big for my chest?
Also, because only sleeve length can be modified, I should go with a size 46, maybe modify the length a little and I should be good to go? Sorry for so many questions and for this being all over the place. I just want to get the sizing done right the first time.

Potsnu

Reaction score

I'm about 5'11 ~145-150. 38 chest, 28 waist. Do you guys think that these measurements are okay? I've already talked to charly about them and I'm just looking for more opinions. I'm basically mostly wondering about the jacket length. I want a cropped jacket, but not too much. With my height, will the current jacket length be fine? Do I need to go shorter? I think if I go down .5 inch it should be good? Should i keep the stock 46 length?

I'm not sure what you want from us. You want a cropped jacket, but not too much. What does that even mean?

It's not rocket science. Grab a measuring tape, start at your collar bone and figure out where you want the jacket to land and submit those measurements.

Just because you're listed at 5'11, that doesn't give us any indication on how long your jacket should be.

You can have a short torso, long torso, average torso at 5'11. We have no idea.

You can go 0.5 inch shorter, longer, it's not going to drastically affect the jacket.

Like I said, grab a measuring tape. Figure out where you want the jacket to land from your collar bone and you're good to go.

Last edited:

pl0nky

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you want from us. You want a cropped jacket, but not too much. What does that even mean?

It's not rocket science. Grab a measuring tape, start at your collar bone and figure out where you want the jacket to land and submit those measurements.

Just because you're listed at 5'11, that doesn't give us any indication on how long your jacket should be.

You can have a short torso, long torso, average torso at 5'11. We have no idea.

You can go 0.5 inch shorter, longer, it's not going to drastically affect the jacket.

Like I said, grab a measuring tape. Figure out where you want the jacket to land from your collar bone and you're good to go.
Sigh. You're right. I'm over thinking this. Lol thanks this kicked me in the right direction.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised about 24.5 sleeves at 5'11", but I'm not the expert. I'd think everything else there will be good. p2p sounds fine.

Gauss17

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Are the pockets of the cwu as hard to reach into & as small as the ones on the a2?

Yes, they are in my opinion, not functional unless you have smaller hands. I wear a large glove, and can't really get my hands in there (size 54 jacket). If you want a leather bomber with useable pockets, I might go with the leather MA-1.

Cole

Reaction score

I'm just about ready to place my order. Black lamb QDR silver zips, bemberg lining. I was suggested to go with something like this:
shoulders 17.0"
chest (pit-to-pit) 20.5"
midsection 18.1"
waist 18.6"
body length, front 21.5"
body length, back 23.6"
sleeve length, from shoulder 24.5"
sleeve width @ pit 7.2"
sleeve width @ elbow 6.2"
sleeve width @ cuff 5.0"

I'm about 5'11 ~145-150. 38 chest, 28 waist. Do you guys think that these measurements are okay? I've already talked to charly about them and I'm just looking for more opinions. I'm basically mostly wondering about the jacket length. I want a cropped jacket, but not too much. With my height, will the current jacket length be fine? Do I need to go shorter? I think if I go down .5 inch it should be good? Should i keep the stock 46 length? Just thought of this, does the p2p seem too big for my chest? Also, because only sleeve length can be modified, I should go with a size 46, maybe modify the length a little and I should be good to go? Sorry for so many questions and for this being all over the place. I just want to get the sizing done right the first time.
shoulders 17.3" chest (pit-to-pit) 20.3" midsection 18.0" waist 18.5" body length, front 21.2" body length, back 23.3" sleeve length, from shoulder 25.0" sleeve width @ pit 7.0" sleeve width @ elbow 6.1" sleeve width @ cuff 5.0" 140-145, 5'9 broad shoulders, short torso, long arms, asked for the drew fit. went up .3 in shoulders.
I'm surprised about 24.5 sleeves at 5'11", but I'm not the expert. I'd think everything else there will be good. p2p sounds fine.
lol I have alien arms

chinesealpha

Reaction score
-12 isn't THAT bad. I knew a dude in Montreal whose winter wardrobe consisted of a hoodie, a jean jacket, and a baseball cap.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads