• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOJ - updates on the debacle, complaints, news about other ventures, whatever.

SchoolyardBully

Reaction score
Korea is alright, more bark than bite when it comes to that. Koreans kind of have a trollish sense of humor, see ceoceo's high quality posting for an example.
redface.gif
. Other Asians usually get along alright over there, especially if they humor others. Being black in Korea probably has as many ups as it does downs.

unless of course, you're Kobe Bryant.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Just googled "taj leather jacket" out of curiosity because it's phonetically similar to "toj" in my head. Oh what a difference that one letter makes...

From left: new A1, new Baseball, new DR, new Moto, new CWU

woody^^

Reaction score

Sorry guys, sizing question on the TOJ1 and BBall. I have received advice from Charly but I'm a bit concerned having seen someone else's post in this thread who was of similar dimensions to me and given the same sizing advice which ended up with an oversized jacket.
I've been recommended size 50 by Charly in TOJ1 and BBall and am 5'11", 76KG (168lb) with a 37.5" chest. Based on the rule of sizing up 1 on these jackets I expect Charlys advice is good (I have an A2 in stock 48 which is good) but Woody's post has made me a little nervous, particularly as I'm ordering 2 jackets at the same time. I do note that Woody is 2 inches shorter and 6kg lighter than me so perhaps this puts him into a slightly slimmer category to me...he does have the same 37.5" chest though.
Can anyone of comparable dimensions advise?
Edit: having looked again at some pics in the gallery the TOJ1 in size 50 will definitely be fine. Should I definitely size the BBall the same, as per Charly's advice?

Honestly man, I would trust Charly. I was stupid and threw some extra "want this to accommodate growth" **** into the mix (which I guess could have made the jacket perfect :embar: )

If you send Charly accurate measurements, you will be sent a jacket that fits well. Just check over everything and don't try to guess what you might maybe possibly look like in 12 months time.

PipersSon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just googled "taj leather jacket" out of curiosity because it's phonetically similar to "toj" in my head. Oh what a difference that one letter makes...

Aha but that 'Taj' is the 'Taj' in 'Taj Mahal'.

Has Drew ever built a billion dollar mausoleum for his third wife, after which he allegedly blinded the architects and murdered most of the workers?

I thought not. His argument, therefore, is invalid.

rbnman

Reaction score
Sorry guys, sizing question on the TOJ1 and BBall. I have received advice from Charly but I'm a bit concerned having seen someone else's post in this thread who was of similar dimensions to me and given the same sizing advice which ended up with an oversized jacket.
I've been recommended size 50 by Charly in TOJ1 and BBall and am 5'11", 76KG (168lb) with a 37.5" chest. Based on the rule of sizing up 1 on these jackets I expect Charlys advice is good (I have an A2 in stock 48 which is good) but Woody's post has made me a little nervous, particularly as I'm ordering 2 jackets at the same time. I do note that Woody is 2 inches shorter and 6kg lighter than me so perhaps this puts him into a slightly slimmer category to me...he does have the same 37.5" chest though.
Can anyone of comparable dimensions advise?
Edit: having looked again at some pics in the gallery the TOJ1 in size 50 will definitely be fine. Should I definitely size the BBall the same, as per Charly's advice?
Trust charly (assuming you have provided him with accurate measurements). TOJ1 is more about shoulder measurements than it is about chest measurements due to its raglan sleeves. You got the size 50 recommendation and now all you have to do is select your body and sleeve lengths as you desire. Also I consider weight to be only just a very rough estimate of someones overall size. Detailed measurements are the way to go. For example, A friend of mine has much bigger shoulders and chest than me, taller than me (5'11 vs 5'9), but is 6kgs lighter than me (he is an amature boxer and I like food too much).

No comment on the BBaLL, but review charly's advise again.

jabberwock1977

Reaction score
OK, thanks everyone. You've all been a great a help. Also got some top advice over PM from VLSI and it definitely seems that Charly's recommendations are good. I was just a bit thrown by Woody's experience (glad it worked out for you in the end dude).

I'll go for size 50 and 48 lengths in both TOJ1 and Bball.

In other news, also about to order a Girlfriend Double Rider as a present for my wife. This will put me in the loyalty scheme...yikes. Did not see that coming when I copped my first TOJ, a brown A2, about a year ago. Not sure whether a discount on future orders is a good thing or not - the last thing I need is more incentive!

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
from top to bottom:
classic bathroom toj pic
mean muggin'
popped collar
smirk
toj zippers aint no joke; cut myself putting the jacket on :embar:
candid; talking to my neighbour

OK, so this is a toj 4zip in black calf. stock 46.
im not sure if i shouldve sized up (bought mine from buy and sell) because the arm holes are a bit tight. i dont even think sizing up would help; it might just be a toj characteristic (similar to plokhov)

dunno... whats the experts say :eek:

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I´m no expert but you look badass. At least open it looks amazing, snow. Maybe add one more pic zipped up to see the fit, but I´m diggin´ it.

johanm

Reaction score
Fit looks real good. Small armholes are a TOJ trademark. What's your take on the calf? I have a calf moto on the way and don't know what I am in for...

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
its really nice in terms of weight and thickness. stiff but very smooth. good ol' quality toj leather.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads