• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TOFANI BESPOKE TAILOR NAPOLI

LNR

Reaction score
You may have seen some if you hadn't just joined this forum yesterday.

believe it or not, i have better things to do than sit on my computer all day being a digital fashion nazi, spouting off opinions no one cares much to hear. best of luck to you, benjamin!

AlexRamius

Reaction score
I disagree. Looks great, well tailored, etc...

It's obviously not meant to be an everyday to the office suit.

Agree. It's a choice. A bold one. Might not be 100% Ok with it, but there's nothing wrong with the suit.

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I disagree. Looks great, well tailored, etc...

It's obviously not meant to be an everyday to the office suit.

I simply find the fashion-forward, minimalist approach to a one button double breasted incongruent with traditional high-rise, pleated, and cuffed trousers. Along with a placketed shirt, knit tie, and creeper shoes? None of those are fashion-forward nor minimal. Doesn't seem well thought out to me at least. I think a David Lynch-esque air-tie with a covered placket would've far cooler.

No doubt that the suit is superbly tailored and fitted, but stylistically I think it falls apart.

LNR

Reaction score
I simply find the fashion-forward, minimalist approach to a one button double breasted incongruent with traditional high-rise, pleated, and cuffed trousers. Along with a placketed shirt, knit tie, and creeper shoes? None of those are fashion-forward nor minimal. Doesn't seem well thought out to me at least. I think a David Lynch-esque air-tie with a covered placket would've far cooler.

No doubt that the suit is superbly tailored and fitted, but stylistically I think it falls apart.

I respect that suggestion. Air tie and covered placket would have been cool.

Now won’t you please share a photo of yourself at your own wedding?

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not married, as I'm still young, but this I want I wore to a wedding last month. 10oz Dugdale black barathea with a 2 stud stiff marcella front. I, too, am a minimalist.

dinnersuit-1.jpg

AlexRamius

Reaction score
Wearing a dinner suit at a wedding is an heresy from this side of the atlantic ;)
Or at least for the ceremony. It’s ok for the cocktail if the groom decides to go black tie.
(I know you’re both american, but I don’t care! :D)

benjamin831

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing a dinner suit at a wedding is an heresy from this side of the atlantic ;)
Or at least for the ceremony. It’s ok for the cocktail if the groom decides to go black tie.
(I know your both american, but I don’t care! :D)
Black tie was requested and complied!

AlexRamius

Reaction score
Been in Napoli last week, I stopped by to say hello, but they’re quitte busy right now.

It seems they’ll be back in NYC on June 6th.

62F99F4E-480D-48FB-AB65-9DC002F8E69F.jpeg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads