• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tips to reduce belly fat...

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not water loss per se, rather; the effect of appetite suppression. Regardless, my abs looks better now than they did a week ago.

Right, because you lost water.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As far as I know ephadrine has no effect on water retention.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

As far as I know ephadrine has no effect on water retention.

i've read a lot of anecdotes that it does, but i wasn't implying that; caffeine is a diuretic, and lowered carbs - which generally goes hand in hand with eca - causes water loss. water (or blood/glycogen) is the only thing that could account for any noticeable change in someone's appearance in a week.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i've read a lot of anecdotes that it does, but i wasn't implying that; caffeine is a diuretic, and lowered carbs - which generally goes hand in hand with eca - causes water loss. water (or blood/glycogen) is the only thing that could account for any noticeable change in someone's appearance in a week.

Or it could be for the exact reason I said it is....the appetite suppression. Caffeine is a very mild diuretic and only does so at concentrations higher than what I'm taking.

Also, the pound of fat I've lost in a week is enough to notice a difference since I'm already at a low BF%.

Last edited:

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Or it could be for the exact reason I said it is....the appetite suppression. Caffeine is a very mild diuretic and only does so at concentrations higher than what I'm taking.
Also, the pound of fat I've lost in a week is enough to notice a difference since I'm already at a low BF%.

right, you look noticeably different because you're not hungry. because hunger really impacts upon your appearance. ok.

if you're lean enough to notice a 1-pound loss of fat then you most likely didnt lose a pound of fat in a week.

Last edited:

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

right, you look noticeably different because you're not hungry. because hunger really impacts upon your appearance. ok.
if you're lean enough to notice a 1-pound loss of fat then you most likely didnt lose a pound of fat in a week.

Seriously stfu.

Last edited:

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
look, you srsly saying that a 1 pound loss isn't visible at all? IIRC tjktg isn't low-carb talebaning it up and is a pretty lean dude so it's completely possible.

hatersgonnahaet.gif

Last edited:

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seriously stfu.

lol keep thinking that you look leaner youre not hungry. even broscience sound legit, but your logic is laughable even on the surface.

look, you srsly saying that a 1 pound loss isn't visible at all? IIRC tjktg isn't low-carb talebaning it up and is a pretty lean dude so it's completely possible.
hatersgonnahaet.gif

no, i didnt say this. strong reading comprehension. please **** right off and learn what words mean.

Last edited:

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Please, continue to tell me that I've only lost water:

7096283845_e148c41b2d_b.jpg

7096289531_4d63e4c58a_b.jpg

Last edited:

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please, continue to tell me that I've only lost water:

i'm not denying that you lost some fat.

but please, continue telling me you look noticeably leaner because you're less hungry.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

i'm not denying that you lost some fat.
but please, continue telling me you look noticeably leaner because you're less hungry.

1. Yes you were denying that I lost some fat.
2. For those of us who are already lean, a pound of fat makes a difference.
3. Being less hungry = losing a pound of fat.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't see what this argument is about, Ephadrine/thermogenics help you lose weight.

BBSLM

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1. Yes you were denying that I lost some fat.

nope. i assume you're referring to my post "dont get too excited it's just water loss". i was referring to the factor that was responsible for your noticeable change in appearance, which doesn't imply no fat was lost. try again.

2. For those of us who are already lean, a pound of fat makes a difference.

i never said it didnt. but so does a pound of water loss, which is far more likely responsible for any results you could achieve in a weeks' time.

3. Being less hungry = losing a pound of fat.

i don't even know how to respond this stupidity. a change in your perceived level of leanness can only be directly caused by

1) fat loss
or
2) water loss

hunger has exactly zero to do with it. yes, over time if you eat less due to decreased appetite, you will look leaner, but only because you lost fat or water, not because appetite impacts directly on your level of leanness.

have to go with option b, which is this

Seriously stfu.

pls **** off with your weaksauce strawman

if your illiterate ass can quote where i made a strawman argument i will give you literally anything you want.

Last edited:

Lagrangian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
well, at least to me it's just an observation that appetite suppression means eating less, thus leaning out.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads