1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to reduce belly fat...

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by thomasmite, Apr 10, 2012.

1. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

1. Yes you were denying that I lost some fat.
    2. For those of us who are already lean, a pound of fat makes a difference.
    3. Being less hungry = losing a pound of fat.

2. fuji

fuji Senior member

I don't see what this argument is about, Ephadrine/thermogenics help you lose weight.

1 person likes this.
  3. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

have to go with option b, which is this

pls fuck off with your weaksauce strawman

4. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

nope. i assume you're referring to my post "dont get too excited it's just water loss". i was referring to the factor that was responsible for your noticeable change in appearance, which doesn't imply no fat was lost. try again.

i never said it didnt. but so does a pound of water loss, which is far more likely responsible for any results you could achieve in a weeks' time.

i don't even know how to respond this stupidity. a change in your perceived level of leanness can only be directly caused by

1) fat loss
    or
    2) water loss

hunger has exactly zero to do with it. yes, over time if you eat less due to decreased appetite, you will look leaner, but only because you lost fat or water, not because appetite impacts directly on your level of leanness.

if your illiterate ass can quote where i made a strawman argument i will give you literally anything you want.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  5. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

well, at least to me it's just an observation that appetite suppression means eating less, thus leaning out.

6. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

it can, but suppressed appetite doesn't always = ingesting fewer calories, just as an increased appetite doesn't always = ingesting more calories.

what about someone with a suppressed appetite (due to medication, illness, supplements, whatever) who forces themselves to eat above maintenance. they'd experience weight gain despite a reduced appetite. this wouldnt even be hard or unrealistic with liquid calories since they are easy to consume and (excluding milk) they don't impact much on hunger signals.

also, the term "suppressed" is relative. take someone who previously had a ravenous appetite and was eating far over maintenance, who even with a "suppressed" appetite is still eating above maintenance and gaining some, albiet less, weight.

you can only be/appear leaner due to fat/water loss; appetite is irrelevant.

7. fuji

fuji Senior member

So your saying appetite suppressants have no effect on weight loss. Not sherrif srs. If you are less hungry and you're not force feeding yourself you're gonna consume less calories.

8. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

they only lead to weight loss if they cause you to eat under maintenance.

if someone on appetite suppressants drinks a gallon of coke a day (which is easy because non-milk liquid calories dont affect hunger signals the way that food does) then they wont lose weight.

i can very easily eat over maintenance on EC, despite a suppressed appetite, without force-feeding myself, and years ago when i used it, did so 3x week during post-workout carb-ups.

someone's degree of leanness is determined by how much fat they're carrying, not how hungry they may or may not be.

9. drvgood

drvgood Senior member

toning does exist.

10. fuji

fuji Senior member

well yeah obviously you always need to eat under maintenance to lose weight, but for people with weaker will power who have a hard time controlling themselves I'd think it'd help. Its also gives you some energy in the gym, which you wouldn't have due to carb depletion and lack of calories.

DRV no it does, brb going to the gym to do some tricep kick backs with 2kg. "oh noez Im just doing low weight I don't want to get too big I just want to tone"

If it does exist explain what it is and I don't mean that retarded definition from a few pages back about babys. Muscle gets bigger muscle gets smaller, get fatter or get less fat. WTF is toning.

11. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

i dont disagree with any of this, but this is external to what i am talking about with the other two.

im pretty sure drv was trolling, but yea "toning" is a meaningless buzz word for women's health magazine.

12. Lagrangian

Lagrangian Senior member

I would agree with this. sry for the derp earlier.

13. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

it happens.