• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

time for a new coffee table

Arthur PE

Reaction score
so I just bought this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/230745079369?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I know some will hate it, I don't care, I think it's cool, my old one was an ikea piece, pretty nice, but 'pedestrian' lol

$(KGrHqZHJC!E8fiKjimjBPNtR+1zlw~~60_12.JPG

also picked this up for the garage entrance door rack http://www.ebay.com/itm/230748371946?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

$(KGrHqN,!qEE8WVe!WRzBPN()7J2Q!~~60_12.JPG

Last edited:

Lone Wolf

Reaction score
I like this coffee table - if I were looking for a new one, it would be one of my top choices.

Not to derail, but can anyone speak to the quality of the copies on the websites linked above (or any others)?

I'm in the market for two Corb LC3 chairs in black leather and can't justify the cost of the real thing. More problematic is the fact that that the cost of repro's is all over the map; on these two sites they're $549 and $999.

In the world of knock-offs, are you getting what you pay for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Arthur PE

Reaction score
I would say a copy of something simple like the coffee table would be very good quality, very simple to make, wood and glass

the chairs, a bit more variable due to complexity and materials (leather), but I bet they could be pretty good

the eames lounger repro's look very good but without actually seeing/sitting in one I would buy one

I like this coffee table - if I were looking for a new one, it would be one of my top choices.
Not to derail, but can anyone speak to the quality of the copies on the websites linked above (or any others)?
I'm in the market for two Corb LC3 chairs in black leather and can't justify the cost of the real thing. More problematic is the fact that that the cost of repro's is all over the map; on these two sites they're $549 and $999.
In the world of knock-offs, are you getting what you pay for?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

foodguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll just leave this here.
be careful with that. those glass tops are heavier than sh&t. I got the worst back spasms of my life carrying a friend's up a twisty staircase.

Arthur PE

Reaction score
lol

200 lbs or so
luckily short trip
into grade level garage, onto cart, wheel into room at same grade, 50' or so, wide path
being delivered tomorrow, got a couple of buddies to help
i'll just leave this here.
be careful with that. those glass tops are heavier than sh&t. I got the worst back spasms of my life carrying a friend's up a twisty staircase.

Arthur PE

Reaction score
my table arrived today, set up and in use, really cool
a really nice accent, changed the tone of the room a bit

I used a protractor to set the angle precisely at 52 deg :D

medwed
I love that bench,would look good at the foot of my bed, a dressing seat

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This thread makes me sad.

Monsieur Ed

Reaction score
Love the Noguchi. I live in Herman Miller's "hometown" and have been debating whether or not to buy a Noguchi to be used in our bedroom... we live in a Cape Cod and the rest of our furniture is on the other end of the spectrum (i.e. not modern). Anyway, congrats on the new purchase!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads