• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tie Swap Box #2 Idea

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm not allowed to take WGP's additions and put in all my Meronas?

I'll pick it up tomorrow from my leasing office and have it out same day or saturday. Whoever's next, PM me your address.

Last edited:

XKxRome0ox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That got resolved too quickly. I wanted to witness prolonged drama.

i just want to see someone get "outted" as the tie box crapper
don't you?
only requires a bit of detective work if the majority of the TSB participants provide pics of what they took + claim what's still left in the box as their

allaboutshoes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

don't you?
only requires a bit of detective work if the majority of the TSB participants provide pics of what they took + claim what's still left in the box as their

Problem is that it wasnt one person because once there was some junk in it, it just started to continually fill with junk (and kudos to the members that out in good stuff!)

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

don't you?

The problem is we know this isn't going to happen. Because as allaboutshoes said, it wasn't just one person. Also, even some of the better contributors were lazy about pics and even posting.
If the box is to continue, the best thing we can do now is clean it up and require pics. For the next round I'm thinking even entry pics.

WhateverYouLike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Waiting on Hikari to PM his address. Nothing in, nothing out. I would've stuck a couple ties in there, but the box is literally overflowing. Whoever decided to put in lesser quality ties went hard on the quantity, at least.

GHo

Reaction score
sorry dude, just back from a week away for Christmas. i'm going to pass too.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Alright. I guess send it back to me, then. I'll take a look and see if there's anything of interest to me, then donate the rest (assuming that's okay with everyone since no one actually wants to get the box now...).

TheWGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hrm, I would think there's maybe half a dozen ties in there that could form a baseline to go around if anyone wants to take another stab at it with actual accountability. That's what I was trying to do with the Charvet/recent Armani / Tyrwhitt, but it seems nobody else cares.

3/4 of the box or more can easily be donated just on worthlessness - but there's a few ties in there that would be worthwhile to keep going around I think, but everyone needs to stop saying "meh, pass" and start putting things IN. You get out what you put in, after all... ask not what the tie box can do for you, ask what you can do for the tie box! :nodding:

contactme_11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My vote is take out the crappy stuff and use any decent stuff to start the new round. This time with full accountability.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prxtzt