• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thursday Boot Co. Appreciation Thread News, Pictures, etc.

MH2020

Reaction score
I thought now that I have a Thursday Chelsea boot I would post a little comp.

Here you have my retail $199 Thursday boot Duke (I bought as a second @ $149).

View attachment 874330 View attachment 874331

Here you have my retail $395 Allen Edmonds Liverpool (I bought as a second @ $279).

View attachment 874332 View attachment 874333

Here you have my retail $760 Carmina Wholecut (note these are wholecut so notice no side seams, also JR soles).

View attachment 874334 View attachment 874335

Now you can see the 3 Chelsea boots that I own and quite a wide range in price between them. My opinion is all are really well made given their respective price range.

The Thursday Chelsea boots I just recieved so I really cannot comment on wearing comfort. But with the Dainite sole, chrome leather, and relative low cost they make great value bad weather boots and also look nice on dry days too.

The Allen Edmonds Chelsea boots I have worn and they are comfortable all day. You can see they have cleaner cuts, tighter stitching, so yes you can see the higher cost does yield a finer quality boot. Just as a note these have V-Tread covered leather soles so also OK in bad weather.

The Carmina Chelsea boots I have worn and they are comfortable all day. Here you can see even finer tight stitching with high precision cuts, and this boot has only one seam in the back (wholecut made from a single piece of leather) all representative of the higher cost. Also a JR leather sole that will take some wet weather and wears like iron. Here is the pinnacle of Chelsea boots as this is custom made to order, you pick every detail of the boot. Also note the attention to detail and precision is not only on the outside but also on the inside. When you take a look inside the boot every stitch is perfect, everything is aligned perfect, more a work of art from the inside to the outside, at a price of course.

So there you have it a comp of Chelsea boots from $149 to $760 each has its place in my rotation.

These Carmina Chelsea boots are ridiculously svelte. You, sir, are on another level.

MH2020

Reaction score
The scouts are really nice boots and can be dressed up or down.

Last edited:

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
B35371B7-943B-4748-BA24-BF1DF5FB32A7.jpeg

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I wouldn't mind grabbing the Captain in dark olive or terracotta, the Scout in terracotta, or the Vanguard in french roast one of these days.

For some reason, I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on anything though.

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks good. I wouldn't mind grabbing the Captain in dark olive or terracotta, the Scout in terracotta, or the Vanguard in french roast one of these days.

For some reason, I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on anything though.
It’s not a bad boot for what it is. I purchased them as seconds and I’m still not sure why they are seconds. I typically break them out in crummy weather but I will say they are very comfortable. Their version of dainite does seem a little slipper than actual dainite for some reason thus I am very careful when coming from outside wet to tiled floors.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It’s not a bad boot for what it is. I purchased them as seconds and I’m still not sure why they are seconds. I typically break them out in crummy weather but I will say they are very comfortable. Their version of dainite does seem a little slipper than actual dainite for some reason thus I am very careful when coming from outside wet to tiled floors.
How's the sizing in your experience?

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They run at least a half size large

Luis G

Reaction score

Alot of seconds are returned shoes just Fyi. Sometimes they are flawless just customer wore them got the wrong sizing and returned them.

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How's the sizing in your experience?

I have posted in the past Thursdays are one full size larger than your brannock size, so if you are a 10 order a 9.

Some say get a half size smaller but issue is these break in and then they are bigger. I measure 10 on the brannock, originally bought 10 got way too big in time, then bought 9.5 still to big, now I have 9's and perfect fit enjoying them like crazy.

I seen in Thursday FAQ that 80% of their returned shoes are too big that should be a good indicator that they run real big.

marker2037

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have posted in the past Thursdays are one full size larger than your brannock size, so if you are a 10 order a 9.

Some say get a half size smaller but issue is these break in and then they are bigger. I measure 10 on the brannock, originally bought 10 got way too big in time, then bought 9.5 still to big, now I have 9's and perfect fit enjoying them like crazy.

I seen in Thursday FAQ that 80% of their returned shoes are too big that should be a good indicator that they run real big.
Helpful for sure considering I too am a 10 D. I was considering a 9.5 but reading your last month's worth of posts just now, I feel like the 9 might be the better size to try.

Similar company which is why I bring this us, but I own two pair of Taft boots and they too run a little big. I bought them in a 43. Ideally I would want a half size smaller, which they don't do half sizes unfortunately. I'd say the 43 is more like a 10.5 D rather than a true 10 D. Sizing down to a 42 though has me worried they would be too small. Thankfully though, they haven't stretched out and have remained the same size since I got them so I enjoy wearing them.

kopo

Reaction score
Sizing is all over for me. I'm a ~10.75 d/e brannock. I've tried the Scout in 10.5 and returned as they seemed too roomy. I've also tried Diplomat 2nds in 10.5d as TBC recommended, but were way too snug in length and width. Then tried an 11d, which still feels slightly snug, but length is good so I figure they'll feel great after break-in.

IEG

Reaction score
I just recently stumbled on Thursday Boots, no pun intended, and within the span of a Month I have purchased a total of 4 pair, 2 pair of wingtips, The Diplomat and the Captain. I am really happy with everything about them, the fit, which for me was right on my normal size, the quality and the look. Honestly the pics on their website don't do the leather any justice. I find I am much more impressed when I see them up close but I imagine that would be the same with anything. I recommend them for sure. I am curious to see how the glove leather lining holds up over time, it is really soft and comfortable and I have a large amount of boots in my rotation so I don't kill them anyway but the lining is so soft I am almost expecting it to wear out especially in the heel. We shall see.

kbuzz

Reaction score
Stupid question, but does anyone have an opinion on what would be nester/dressier, the captain or president. Thanks

007Bond

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stupid question, but does anyone have an opinion on what would be nester/dressier, the captain or president. Thanks

Generally a cap toe is more casual.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics