• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thoughts on Leather Tweed Loafers by BB?

mistmaker

Reaction score
I recently started my first job and I'm slowly building out my wardrobe and shoe collection. In terms of loafers, I started with the AE Walden and am now planning on adding to my collection. I'm considering these Pearl & Co. Leather Tweed loafers that are on sale for ~$250 on the Brooks Brothers website. I'd like to get some thoughts on whether these are worth it? The alternative for me would be either a pair of Alden penny loafers or Gucci horsebit loafers.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you wonder why this particular style is on deep discount?
Since these were made in England, these are probably either Alfred Sargeant or Crockett and Jones. Just because they are on discount at Brook Brothers does not mean they aren't of high quality. Brook Brothers will discount a number of high quality items from time to time.

jerrybrowne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Since these were made in England, these are probably either Alfred Sargeant or Crockett and Jones. Just because they are on discount at Brook Brothers does not mean they aren't of high quality. Brook Brothers will discount a number of high quality items from time to time.

They do look nice. I suspect his comment refers to the versatility of the shoe due to the tweed penny strap.

mistmaker

Reaction score
That is pretty much my only concern. It might be hard to match these up with stuff because of the tweed strap but I do think they look really nice.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of them.
They are just too hard to match up with anything.

mistmaker

Reaction score
Agreed. I think I will pass on these and go with either Alden penny loafers or Gucci horsebit loafers.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KingCaru