1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on ben silver

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JurassicJon, Apr 8, 2003.

1. JurassicJon

JurassicJon Active Member

So, what are your thoughts on Ben Silver clothing? I like the "preppy" look of the pieces but for some reason I get a mental image of a J. Crew or L.L. Bean catalogue every time I flip through the B-S catalogue. So what's the actual quality like?

Also, what are your thoughts on Bill's khakis, a brand endorsed and sold by B-S?

2. Steve B.

Steve B. Senior member

Jon:

I haven't seen their catalog, but Silver's website is pretty good, with a lot of goodies you won't find elsewhere such as a great selection of cuff links, Kiton ties and Crockett and Jones shoes.

I own a couple of pairs of Bills Khakis, and have found their quality to be excellent. They are however aimed at the conservative, mature American male. You'll find flat front pants, but not in particularly slim cuts.

3. Stu

Stu Senior member

I like some of the stuff a lot, but Steve is right, much of it seems to be targeted to the mid-40s bourbon sipping, factory owning, Southern gentleman. There's some Old South charm I see when I look at the catalouge -- intriguing, but not for everyone.