• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Those beautiful Gallo knit ties

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Found something similar, through buying a tie from XMI. Here it is:

http://www.xmi.com/store/item.asp?IT...EPARTMENT_ID=0

Select the third color patch and get a brown tie in your shopping bag. $110
plain.gif

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd definitely be up for a brown-blue one just like Guapo's.

Maybe the XMI one is the same - tough to tell from the photo on the site.

I hope David does a line of knits. I asked him about it a while ago and his response was that he already had a bit in the pipeline.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another outstanding source for knit ties is Rubinacci, and they might be more accessible for some people.

GuidoWongolini

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Close, though IMHO 3" is too wide for this style of knit tie.

I have just measured my knit ties & they are all between 2.5" & 2.75", though my Hermes knit (they are a more like a jersey) are 3".

Here are some more knit tie Appreciation.

I like how it looks almost metallic & how the colour changes depending on the angle of roll/fold.
L1030190.jpg

L1030187.jpg

Here is my other favourite from Zegna.
L1030195.jpg

L1030193.jpg

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell

plain.gif

Thanks for that link. I have a couple XMI (or maybe XMI for Nordstrom, not sure off the top of my head) and I quite like them. I don't know if Nordstrom carries these in particular, but it's worth a look.

I like the colors available on the website, too.

b

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by el Guapo WOngO!
Close, though IMHO 3" is too wide for this style of knit tie.

I'll reserve judgement until seeing them in person. I'm a wide guy, so skinnier ties don't look good on me. And I usually see knits pretty skinny. Though skinnier than yours, so maybe what I've seen are exaggerated.

b

StylenotFashion

Reaction score
I got a response from Massimo at Nick Bronson, who confirmed that the tie is one of theirs. They don't sell online, and they don't sell in America, but Massimo offered to ship one. I'm waiting for a price and shipping costs. I'll pass those on here once I get them.

Massimo and his entiree family are First Class!!!! He made me a tie (in a day) for my wedding 20 years ago!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

plain.gif

If you look at their entire tie range they have many other knits. Including another group of birds eye.

b

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I just found a Luciano Barbera silk knit tie today and Jeremy's in San Francisco. It has a pointed tip with a silk lining in the back - shaped like a conventional tie. I got it for 20 bucks.

cmagne

Reaction score
I'm not a big poster on the forum, but I'm a long time view. haha That tie I've loved since I first saw it. So if the price is right and you guys need people to be part of a large group buy then I'm in as well.

spectre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
woodsofshropshire.co.uk have some nice knits, a little wider than usual.

mpickens8982

Reaction score
I can't see the ties in question because the pics have been removed, but I sell several styles of striped knits from Bronson. Everything I have in the store from them now is wool or cotton rather than silk though. If anyone wants to see pics just PM me and I will get them to you on Tue or Wed (I am out of the store for the holiday weekend).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads