• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Those beautiful Gallo knit ties

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Before my time. Anyway, I PMed David to let him know there's more interest in knits.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
Is this the same Gallo that makes those wonderful socks?
Yes Gallo sold them as "kits" @ malpensa. Doted, duetone etc mathing socks and Tie. I passed, but bougt 6pairs of soks in stead.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I emailed Gallo and Bronson.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
Why don't you people just call Gallo in Rome?

Ah thanks. No, wait. You failed to give so much as a phone number.

Originally Posted by knittieguy
Ought to contact Nick Bronson in Italy. He's probably the one who made them.

Aha, a name. Again, though, no phone number or url.

Originally Posted by misterjase
does anyone have the web address/email address for Gallo or online retailer of Gallo? Thanks

Yes, that's what happened to me too. I was hoping someone who actually owned one might be able to say something along the lines of "I bought mine at XXX store," or "they have a website here ____." Guess not.

Thanks for all the help guys. Nice to see such snobbery. Heaven forbid the riff-raff think of sharing your clothiers.

b

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
Ah thanks. No, wait. You failed to give so much as a phone number. Aha, a name. Again, though, no phone number or url. Yes, that's what happened to me too. I was hoping someone who actually owned one might be able to say something along the lines of "I bought mine at XXX store," or "they have a website here ____." Guess not. Thanks for all the help guys. Nice to see such snobbery. Heaven forbid the riff-raff think of sharing your clothiers. b
Here you go: +11 39 63 06 3600 2174. IIRC, they have a 500 euro minimum to ship (could be 200 eur,) so you might want to get a group buy going.

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got a response from Massimo at Nick Bronson, who confirmed that the tie is one of theirs. They don't sell online, and they don't sell in America, but Massimo offered to ship one. I'm waiting for a price and shipping costs. I'll pass those on here once I get them.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you Matt and Knittieguy

-----
Sorry, I'm editing the rest of this post.
-----

I apologize for my offending words. I wrote that (and this reponse I've just erased) while in a bad mood. That said, I thought I asked a simple question about on-line retailers or a direct URL for Gallo. I had searched both this forum and Google with no luck, so followed up with this thread. The response I received from Letmebefell was interesting though not actually helpful. Others suggested that I simply call Gallo in Rome. Such perfunctory responses gave me the impression that people simply didn't want to share. I responded to that in haste and I apologize.

b

knittieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by letmebefell

I got a response from Massimo at Nick Bronson, who confirmed that the tie is one of theirs. They don't sell online, and they don't sell in America, but Massimo offered to ship one. I'm waiting for a price and shipping costs.
Anyway, let's all play nice when we get the contact information so we don't scare the poor guy?

You might also try Mel Bassin at [email protected]. Mel Bassin is the agent for Nick Bronson, and Mel once said they sell some Nick Bronson ties directly to customers in the US in quantities as small as six.

flatfront

Reaction score
Guys perhaps I can add a little that may help. For those of you in London New & Lingwood carry a small selection of knits very similar to the first two-tone one but I am not sure if they have that colourway. May well be worth gving them a ring and asking theam what they have as they are not especially expensinve, £35-00 or so.
Nik Bronson is availablr over here at Liberty. They have a good selection but nothing as beautiful as the tie above.

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No news yet from Italy. I'll post again when there is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads