• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thor (2011)

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
I got news for you buddy, it's a comic movie. I think complaining about that stuff is like someone walking into a theater and complaining "Psssh, people cant fly. Thats ridiculous!" I'd rather see metal than plastic, but overall it's fine.

One problem with comic movies becoming more popular is that comics these days are made more like movie storyboards. It also influences the costume design.

The thing is, that pic was from a TV show. And they have managed to make comic book movie characters look pretty realistic, ie: SpiderMan, IronMan, etc... Also the same reason they do not use yellow spandex in the X-Men films, it won't translate well in the TV or Movies.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
High-Res ‘Hall of Asgard’ Photo from Thor Shows Detail of Loki and Warriors Three
thor-high-res-1.jpg
thor-high-res-2a.jpg

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^From the link in that post:
Well, this image shows two of the Warriors Three from Kenneth Branagh’s Thor: on the right side of the steps are Fandral the Dashing (Josh Dallas) and Hogun the Grim (Tadanobu Asano). At the very far right, you can just see what I guess is the right leg of Volstagg the Valiant (Ray Stevenson). This is the same image that arrived via the LA Times over the weekend, but now in high-res. You can see a lot more detail in the armor and helmet of Loki (Tom Hiddleston, on the left in the green cape), and in the costumes for Fandral, Hogun, Frigga (Rene Russo), and Odin (Anthony Hopkins). You can even make out better detail on Huginn and Muninn, Odin’s two ravens that are perched atop his throne. Those ravens are Thought and Memory, in case you needed a little Asgardian refresher. Hit the jump for the full version, and for a high-res version of the Thor and Odin photo from EW. One question: assuming that’s Volstagg’s leg on the right side of the frame, who owns the leg behind Loki on the left?
And I understand why people are reacting negatively to these shots, but I’m waiting for a trailer. Show me some footage in motion and if it is really all Flash Gordon (1980) then I’ll react appropriately. That might be with a sort of demented glee, because I still kinda love Flash Gordon… Click each image for a larger version. The second version of the ‘Hall of Asgard’ image is one I’ve lightened considerably so you can better see the detail in the costumes for characters other than Odin. The first shot is the real one.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
[for newbs it doesnt take much. Gerry butler probably didnt take much for 300 eitherQUOTE=Rambo;3429795]+!0000000

Kunk, how much juice do you think he had to be on to get that jacked in such a short period of time?

The costume looks awful.[/quote]

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tweedy bag