• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thinking of becoming a pharmacist.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here have any experience? Would you say it's a good profession?

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
IMO, good profession, good ROI on the tuition dollar, and good bullshit/pay ratio. Specialize in gero-pharmacology. Just trust me on this. You will become a highly paid consultant, making far more than working pharms, in about 10 years.

DNW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My sister-in-law is a pharmacist. She seems to enjoy the work, but says it gets pretty repetitive and dull sometimes. The pay is good, but you have to work odd/weekend hours. While I wouldn't do it, it will be a pretty stable job for the foreseeable future.

longskate88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know a couple, they enjoy it but it's boring. If I didn't hate Chem with a passion, I'd give it a shot.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have a friend who's a pharmacist working for CVS. She works nights one week on and one week off. Not sure how much she makes but she likes it and says it's easy work. Pretty stable profession as well.

When I was a med student, one of the residents used to be a pharmacist. Said he was making good money and wasn't really sure why he gave it up for the hell of going to medical school except that he'd always wanted to be a doctor. Didn't go into the details but he mentioned that his classmates were all making good money and that companies tend to recruit you 1+ years before you even graduate.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was talking with an old friend who's a pharmacist in Canada. He owns two independent stores and has done quite well. A large chain has just offered to buy him out lock, stock and barrel or in this case, his location, inventory and client lists. When all is said and done the deal is somewhere in the neighbourhood of 5 million.

Nice neighbourhood.

lefty

inq89

Reaction score
I'm starting pharmacy school this week. Great career, and work your 40 hours and get paid well. Can be stressful but that's like any career. Lots of room to specialize or go into administration, law, or own your own independent. Many go retail (CVS, Walgreens, etc.) but you can also go into the clinical side with a residency. If you're coming right out of high school, you can get your PharmD is potentially 5-6 years. Work or volunteer in a pharmacy as a technician to get the experience and see if it's for you. Highly suggest you go here: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forumdisplay.php?f=54

Blog Marley

Reaction score
I originally was headed in that direction for a career. I decided that I was chasing the money and had no real interest in doing it for a living.

So if you don't really like it/want to do it, I'd recommend you don't. I volunteered/interned in a hospital pharmacy it was cool and fun. Most of my experience saw the pharmacist sitting and checking prescriptions and not doing much else. Techs do most of the works.

My aunt is one, she told me its easy to get burnt out and stress does exist. One of the downsides is working random days/hours and occasionally holidays.

cavender33

Reaction score
I believe that pharmacy is a good career. There are stresses to the job and working in a retail atmosphere can be boring to some but it is a career that pays well and has many benefits.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My law school buddy worked as a pharmacist before and all throughout law school, at CVS.

He made $100k a year before law school.

On weekends during law school, he'd put in ~20 hrs at around $56/hr.

He's a great bullshitter, so he enjoys interacting with people. I think he even got to tackle a shoplifter once after the shoplifter ran from the cops.

He really likes it and is using it as a springboard to get into IP law.

jameson.jordan

Reaction score
Hey,

You could also go into the PharmD programs which allows you to become a clinical pharmacist, which is somewhat of a hybrid between being a pharmacist and being a physician. You deal more closely with patients and monitor their health while on various drugs and you interact a lot with people (patients/physicians). I believe there is a lot of work in hospitals for this career choice. Just a thought.

odoreater

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My wife is a pharmacist. The pay is good and the job is steady. There are high points (such as patients showing their appreciation when she gives them good counsel) and low points (standing on your feet for a 12 hour shift filling 400 scripts). Sometimes it can be monotonous and sometimes it's rewarding.

CTGuy

Made Guy
Reaction score
Well paid job. From what I heard, not hard to find work at a high salary. That beats a lot of other professions.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads