• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
eBay sellers who turn on "Make an Offer" and then set it to automatically decline all offers, even those that are pretty close to their sale price.

Especially when they are auto-refusing offers that are above the price other ebayers are selling the exact same item for...
I wanted to buy from this guy because the shipping would be a lot faster than from the other sellers (due to the item's location, not because they were including overnight shipping in the cost or anything)...I was willing to pay a few bucks more than the competition, but now I'll just wait.

I mean, if you aren't even willing to do a manual review of offers that are 95% of your selling price (especially when the exact same item is available in new condition for more like 85% of your price)...just turn that **** off.

edit: lol...I was bidding on this last night. I looked today and the guy *raised* his price. He is now asking $258.99 when a bunch of other sellers are asking $204.98.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

edit: lol...I was bidding on this last night. I looked today and the guy *raised* his price.

You would not be bidding on a pink tie by any chance, would you?

Kira

Reaction score
I disagree with her stance, but it's pretty reasonable and totally consistent with earlier statements that she's made. I don't have a problem with it. She's quite right that animals are at best imperfect test subjects for human therapies.

All of this is a drop in the bucket compared to restoring NIH funding levels, which should be the real goal of this campaign.

Don't they use animals in order to "save" money and to prevent violating the bylaws of the Ethical Advisory Board (EAB)?

Also, there's a bigger ipad coming out:

Link

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have some friends on FB always be posting like "Man a life I had such a sorrowful day but then I returned to the homespace where my boo treated me so good got me back to happy!!!" And I'm like "I'm sure your boo appreciates you coming home dejected every day should try to change your lifeways to where you're not always down in the dumps."

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I have some friends on FB always be posting like "Man a life I had such a sorrowful day but then I returned to the homespace where my boo treated me so good got me back to happy!!!" And I'm like "I'm sure your boo appreciates you coming home dejected every day should try to change your lifeways to where you're not always down in the dumps."

Too true! They should listen to El Pintor at work (place of labor).

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I notice that a lot of music fans have a mania for classifying everything they hear. And if they hear a new piece of music that isn't in the same microcategory as the band's previous music, they literally become angry about it and don't like the music. That is just bizarre.

i10casual

Reaction score
I thought that about myself. I've been coming home each day really beat between my sick father(chemo) and a business trying to recover from a few bad partnerships.
I thought, that must suck for the wife and came in with a smile and hugs.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I thought that about myself. I've been coming home each day really beat between my sick father(chemo) and a business trying to recover from a few bad partnerships.
I thought, that must suck for the wife and came in with a smile and hugs.

Those are really weighty problems to be wrestling with. I don't know if I could come home smiling after detailing with that.

i10casual

Reaction score
I did have a bag with a newly purchase bottle of Woodford whiskey and a nice little cigar with me.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Do all the presenters on NPR go through training to learn that annoying dialect of English that, to the best of my knowledge, does not actually exist in nature?

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Do all the presenters on NPR go through training to learn that annoying dialect of English that, to the best of my knowledge, does not actually exist in nature?

Yes, they have to master it before being anointed with their eclectic new multi-ethnic hypthenated noms de radio.

i10casual

Reaction score
That reminds me. I don't get why all radio talent from the UK or AU pronounce Obama as Obamer. Go listen to the BBC. You'll hear this over and over.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads