• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I sometimes say that about my place of work, but I find people get fired often for the wrong things. Not like they get fired for things they didn't do, but rather it is ass-backwards what people get fired for vs. what allows them to remain in employment.

Getting fired for poor performance is few and far between. It is disgusting.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Like a high performing employee will get fired for taking too long at lunchtime consistently. They cut of their nose to spite their face.

brokencycle

Reaction score
I hate those kind of stupid things. If you're a salaried employee, it shouldn't matter. Do work when it needs to get done, and if you want take a long lunch or leave early if you don't have work to do.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why is that song about how it is ok to be fat #1 on spotify despite the fact that:
1) It is about how it is ok to be fat.
2) There seem to be a bunch of chubby feminist blogs that have written pieces hating on the song. in addition to the people who hate on it for "skinny shaming"
3) The song sucks.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

2) There seem to be a bunch of chubby feminist blogs that have written pieces hating on the song. in addition to the people who hate on it for "skinny shaming".

That site triggered the filter blocker at work. I hope you didn't just get me fired for linking to a Appreciation site or something.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Granted, beauty is a subjective construct that women shouldn’t have to worry about in the first place,

Even reconstructive plastic surgery after breast cancer fulfills this role; when performed for the patient’s personal comfort, it’s still done to uphold the standard that all women must have breasts (well hello, transmisogyny!), which is what’s making that patient uncomfortable in the first place.

What a *************.

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I sometimes wish no one had ever introduced the concept of "social construct." (The woman did say "subjective construct" but that's pretty clearly not what she meant.)

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Top gear tested the last gen S class with radar guided cruise control and it worked.

Was that the one where Clarkson set it to "Audi following distance"?

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Beauty is a useless construct women shouldn't have to worry about eh?

I bet that chick doesn't live in a butt ugly house... I mean, it wouldn't pass StephenHero muster, but I bet she spends time vacuuming it every week, does manual work cleaning, gets repairs done when necessary, and avoids filling it with so much excess **** that it just piles up all over the place hoarders style. That is partially so she gets to enjoy her home and partially so people don't think she is a bum that lives in a dump.

Now why does she refuse to treat her body the same way?

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Beauty is a useless construct women shouldn't have to worry about eh?

I bet that chick doesn't live in a butt ugly house... I mean, it wouldn't pass StephenHero muster, but I bet she spends time vacuuming it every week, does manual work cleaning, gets repairs done when necessary, and avoids filling it with so much excess **** that it just piles up all over the place hoarders style. That is partially so she gets to enjoy her home and partially so people don't think she is a bum that lives in a dump.

Now why does she refuse to treat her body the same way?

She's probably an uggo.

Kira

Reaction score
Pamela Anderson is taking a stand against the Ice Bucket Challenge. Her reasons are.....
confused.gif

Link

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I disagree with her stance, but it's pretty reasonable and totally consistent with earlier statements that she's made. I don't have a problem with it. She's quite right that animals are at best imperfect test subjects for human therapies.

All of this is a drop in the bucket compared to restoring NIH funding levels, which should be the real goal of this campaign.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If you were just going on stereotypes, you would guess that the average Frenchman dresses better than he in fact does.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads