• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things You Do When You're Sick

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sleep.
Soup and lots of it and piping hot
Medicine (decongestant, cough suppresant, pain killer)
Surfing on the net (Styleforum of course!)
Watch TV or rented movies.

Karo

Reaction score
Masturbate.
teacha.gif

wackojacko

Reaction score
Standard sick routine.....lay in bed and watch dvd's, eat junk, maybe read some mags/books...nothing too strenous.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just drank half a bottle of nyquil to alleviate my headache, and hopefully knock me the **** out.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Pretend that I'm going to work from home and then flake out after a couple of hours.

Well, I still have it...in fact, it's still on the downward slope. I just called in sick, which I almost never do, and am going to make out I'm working from home
smile.gif
Actually, I have a couple of reports on my flash drive, so I can edit them and honestly say I worked today.

finch

Reaction score
- Rest
- Magazines
- Movies/TV
- Tea/Soup
- Browse the web
- Catch up on work if possible

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Either go to work or travel on an airplane. that's just me following the fricking herd.

juicemakesugar

Reaction score
I watched Ripley's Game and Donnie Darko over the weekend. I have Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels on DVR waiting for me. When I'm sick, I don't do the whole stay at home deal...gots to work and go to school. I did however go on a uncesscary shopping excursion yesterday. Well, it wasn't unecessary b/c I realized while in a lightheaded stupor (probably from the electic mixture of Dayquil, Cepacol, and Fuze Slenderize Melon/Strawberry juice) I didn't have enough plain white vees.

King Francis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unless I have a fever, I do everything as normal; it's just a little bit harder.

If I have a mild fever, I do everything as normal except working out.

No painkillers, no bullshit, just vitamins, minerals, and plenty of water. Sometimes a nice cardio session opens up my nasal passages and puts me back on top again.

Honestly, I don't understand how other guys in their twenties can let themselves be knocked flat on their ass by a simple cold. Not trying to be insulting, just saying.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
im sick at the moment, virus, feel like complete crap....I generally never get sick, so when I do I act like a three year old girl.

Anyhow, current activity is:

Body on sofa, laptop on coffee table, Mythbusters on TV.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by King Francis
Honestly, I don't understand how other guys in their twenties can let themselves be knocked flat on their ass by a simple cold. Not trying to be insulting, just saying.

Ahh, to be in my 20's again. 34/35 is where I noticed you can't ignore the fact you are getting older. I mean, just look at surveys. The box is "34-50". As far as surveys are concerned, I'm friggin' 50 already!

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Originally Posted by juicemakesugar
I watched Ripley's Game and Donnie Darko over the weekend. I have Lock, Stock, & Two Smoking Barrels on DVR waiting for me.

Enjoy Lock, Stock. It's a fav of mine and a brilliant movie.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

Snatch is also a great one, if you're keeping up with Guy Ritchie that is...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics