• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things that are making you happy*******food and drink edition******

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

jeez.... are you the semantics police of the honey world? no, not in MY home, but someone else's home in NC. Maybe I should have said "hand made", or "hand harvested and hand packaged in a small batch process" as opposed to being harvested with an extractor and packaged by automated machines. And if you say honey is honey you clearly don't know much about honey.... a little touchy about honey today?

Honey badger don't care.

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

hoozah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'll tell you what's not making me happy: the mass amount of pizza i've been digesting into my body!

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

If I ever get to Japan, which I will (hay impolyt :eek: ) I don't know what I would spend more money on, bonsai-related goods or food.
http://www.seriouseats.com/2012/02/snapshots-from-japan-street-fair-food-in-kyoto-slideshow.html#

can you really spend that much on bonsai stuff? The food gets expensive, Japan is still home to the $100 fruit. Lunches are cheap though, I have been eating garbage for the past week in Korea, I thought I'd enjoy pigging out on my own, but it's kinda weird feeling now and when I get back to my home I want to go straight to Chateau Robuchon for lunch and get 5 plates.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

can you really spend that much on bonsai stuff?

Yes. Specimen trees are easily in the thousands of dollars, you have tools that are $100 or more, even if you just want to buy pottery you're looking at hefty cost, then shipping... I mean, even if you don't get specimen stuff, you can still pay 250 for a single tree and not even think about it... and to be frank, I would be buying a TON of bonsai and ikebana ****.

While on the topic... after the Sendai earthquake, I heard a story and never followed up with it but there was a bonsai master who had several trees that were worth millions (one was worth $16 million IIRC) and his studio was right on the fault line... no one had heard from him for weeks. :(

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Somebody seems to be raising really good looking, reasonably sized ducks around here finally. It makes me happy. Will know tomorrow if they are any good in fact.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
My girlfriend knows me so well. This is what she got me for Valentine's Day/ my birthday.

2012-02-13235819.jpg

This is so much more exciting to me than immersion circulators and rotovaps. :inlove:

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
It's Typhoon's Cast Iron, 750 ml model. Have no idea what people think of it, but they had it in a local kitchen supply store for about $50 and I fell in love with it. Really heavy and smooth. Feels great in my paws.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads