• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Vegans.

Wife has some friends coming over to watch chick flicks or whatever. I, thinking to be nice, offered to make a quick dinner. Figured it'd be simple. NOPE. One of them is now a vegan, and ******* everything I could cook on quick notice would involve at the least butter.

******* vegans.

Can't you just cook with olive oil instead?

Last edited:

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

goddammit, these are the douchebags who are going to be paying for my health care.

lmao

******* vegans.

**** them. I'd make what I wanted. I mean if you're that picky you can't expect everybody to accommodate you.

I like to think of myself as pretty tolerant of others needs/differences, but I have my limits and hyper-sensitive, picky eaters is one of them. I really think many people's supposed food allergies/intolerances/whatever are just bullshit. I've lived and traveled all around the world and eaten pretty much every goddamn thing that moves or doesn't move... goats, snakes, blood, durians, stinky tofu, insects, sweetbreads... etc. etc.

Of course these examples are extreme, but vegany tempeh-eating hippies and picky ***** who only eat sanitized chicken breast (with ketchup or some ****) can just **** off. I heard some girl the other night say (in her whiny, stupid, Cali-chick voice) "I hate seafood and vegetables". Shut up you dumb ****.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

******* vegans.

what he said

x-post from a few days ago:

of all my FB friends, 2 are vegans, and they're ALWAYS ******** up my news feed by noting that the quinoa salad they just bought is #VEGAN and that their ice water with lemon is #VEGAN. Drives me nuts, but I can't unfriend one for family reasons. And that is also why I've taken to twitter for my vegan bashing, that riles up fewer people but still leaves me satisfied.

i just want to note that i'm currently drinking water with Mio pomegranate flavoring. #VEGAN

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

x-post from a few days ago:
i just want to note that i'm currently drinking water with Mio pomegranate flavoring. #VEGAN

You may know this, but you can stop someone's posts from showing up in your feed without actually unfriending them.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
There's this infinitely dis-likable coffee place on my block that features the smallest ******* cups of overpriced Fair Trade coffee I've ever seen. Everybody inside is ******* gloomy as they sit there typing community newsletters. It's so bad I actually walk two blocks down to get ****** coffee at a corner store that features creepy Muslim Brotherhood propaganda on the walls. I'm praying they all go out of business.

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like the only good reason to go in there is to start a brawl ( the coffee shop, not the Muslim brotherhood store)

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Vegans.

Wife has some friends coming over to watch chick flicks or whatever. I, thinking to be nice, offered to make a quick dinner. Figured it'd be simple. NOPE. One of them is now a vegan, and ******* everything I could cook on quick notice would involve at the least butter.

******* vegans.

Should've just lied and tricked her into eating off her stupid fad diet.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Getting married and I wanted to elope or have a "pop-up" wedding(small affair with 15 guests or so, I think it's a fad). She wanted a full blown wedding. I agreed because I know all girls dream of a big wedding. Its brought her nothing but stress and has brought out the worst in her friends. It's also costing me/us a lot of money, which would be fine if it all made her happy. I hope she's happy on the day of.

Also, my elderly grandmother is very close to death. It would be a blessing at this point since she's living in an undignified state. That said, she could die right before my wedding and bring down the mood of my family, and my mother would have to bow out of my wedding to make the necessary arrangements for a funeral. If she goes after I will most likely have to leave my honeymoon preemptively for a funeral. I know Id leave my honeymoon for the funeral with no regrets, but it's still unfortunate.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Getting married and I wanted to elope or have a "pop-up" wedding(small affair with 15 guests or so, I think it's a fad). She wanted a full blown wedding. I agreed because I know all girls dream of a big wedding. Its brought her nothing but stress and has brought out the worst in her friends. It's also costing me/us a lot of money, which would be fine if it all made her happy. I hope she's happy on the day of.

Just got done my wedding and man during all of the planning we kept saying we should have eloped. The wedding once it happened was so fun and memorable, it was worth it. The stress at times almost made us want to kill each other. Also, you're spot on about women's friends because they can get so ******* catty when it comes to bridesmaids as opposed to guys being so low maintenance. Just try to support her and be better at letting her win arguments even if she's being insane because there is no way you will win most of them when it comes to wedding planning.

Trust me she will be happy the day of, but she will not be happy in the planning phase because its stressful as hell and wedding vendors are complete pieces of **** out to squeeze every nickel out of you that they can. Good luck. :fistbump:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ocutene