• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

a few things are ******* up my mood...im gaining weight and getting tubby. i mean, not PF fat, but still. not comfy in slim waist 32 anymore.
also, just got out of a meeting at work...for the second time in the past 12 months, my bonus structure is being changed. last time i lost about 30K/year, and with the current changes, could be about another 10K or more. Wouldnt be an issue if i were making a decent amount to start with, but this much is a ******* major % of my annual income. **** i hate making someone else rich. /rant

That's terrible, Derek. Sorry to hear it.

i tried it once. did not work out well. probably because it was the wrong profession for me entirely, but either way, working for yourself presents its own bucket of difficulties. making money and being happy with how you do it is no easy task no matter how you slice it. at least that has been my experience.
best of luck to us all.

Yeah, I don't have any delusions that being self employed would be the answer to all of my problems, but I think it would suit my personality better, for a number of reasons. I do agree that it would have to be in the right profession. Some people can start a business just for the sake of being an entrepreneur. I have a friend like that - he decided a few years ago to start a landscaping business, and now he's doing pretty well. He's not getting rich, but he's making a living working for himself. I'm not like that, however. I'm kind of in between. I really want to start a business, but I'm not so driven to do it that I'm looking to do so just for the sake of it. If/when it happens, it will have to be in the right field. It doesn't have to be something I'm passionate about, but, on the other hand, I'm not going to trade my cushy desk job to cut someone else's grass.

The funny thing is, I have a business idea that I believe would be very lucrative. Unfortunately, I don't have the expertise I'd need to do it. I do know someone who does, however: MrsG. I really think this idea, with my drive to work for myself and skill with numbers and her experience, would be a great opportunity. Problem is, she has zero interest in striking out on her own. It's really too bad, but I understand that not everyone has the same goals.

I also have a pretty good idea for a direction I might go in the future with a firm of my own, but, owing to a lot of things, I'm not in the right position to make that move in the near future.

if it makes you feel any better, i dont hate my new job, and getting back to the rat race after all the time off is just as miserable for me too. its the dead of winter and its gonna be a long grind ahead. yay life! lol
also, 100% agree, one of the hardest parts to going back is not being able to see my kids throughout the day.

:laugh:

I'm not sure if that makes me feel better. You're basically telling me that, even when I do find a job I like, I'm still going to be miserable after every vacation!

Yeah, I miss the little guy all the time, especially after long breaks, but it seems a little worse this time.

gort

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am completely incapable of handling a conflict when I've been boozin'. That feeling when you wake up the next morning and realize you were a complete asshole to someone you love dearly is pretty awful. :(

I am such a ******* gigantic fatass. I've known for a long time that I'm a big guy, but thought I dressed it well and that at least I still had some pretty solid looks, if perhaps a bit bulked up. But the past few months I've blown through into straight up, unhealthy, blobby slobby disgusting ***** territory. I've learned my BP is high, and I sustained a sports injury that probably would not have happened were I not carrying so much weight. The last straw was on NYE, putting on one of my custom shirts and my favorite sportcoat (a bespoke number) and realizing that I was uncomfortable because everything was tight.
I need to lose at least 15, and preferably for the long-term, 30-40 lbs.
Wish me luck.

I have put on a couple pounds this holiday season that I plan to drop, but it will happen naturally when I fall back into my normal routine. My eating has been pretty much the same, however the girlfriend was making desserts this past week that has been killing my somewhat normal eating.

Everybody packs on some weight between thanksgiving and new years. Once NYE is done you should have a few weeks to get back on track without parties and social gatherings full of awful food. No need to worry, just buckle down and have a responsible January and you will feel much better come Feb 1 hopefully. :)

Last edited:

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I like coming back to work. I love routine and habitual behavior, it frees up my mind.

This is actually one of the hardest parts for me. The routine and repetitiveness of it all is soul crushing to me. Actually, that's one of the reasons I think I'd be a good entrepreneur - I don't crave the predictability and stability a workaday job provides. In fact, I prefer quite the opposite.

Unfortunately, with any job I'm likely to find, there's going to be some element of routine and habit, but I've definitely been on the lookout for positions that at least offer a wide range of projects, rather than a set cycle (which is how my current job works).

Last edited:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I committed two sock errors within the space of a minute today. First, I put my socks on the wrong feet. (Left sock on right foot, right sock on left foot.) And then when I was removing the socks, I realized that they were the wrong socks anyway. (They were brown stripy socks. I needed blue socks.) I hope I don't continue to make mistakes throughout the day. (Such as crashing my car or whatnot.)

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

This is actually one of the hardest parts for me. The routine and repetitiveness of it all is soul crushing to me. Actually, that's one of the reasons I think I'd be a good entrepreneur - I don't crave the predictability and stability a workaday job provides. In fact, I prefer quite the opposite.
Unfortunately, with any job I'm likely to find, there's going to be some element of routine and habit, but I've definitely been on the lookout for positions that at least offer a wide range of projects, rather than a set cycle (which is how my current job works).

Well, I am mostly referring to going into the building in terms of "back to work". My job does have a lot of wrenches thrown at it that I have to deal with and my industry is in an exciting time. But coming here doing what I need to do and going home and having my weekends and every other friday off is nice. I like being at work and knowing there isn't any other place that I could, or should be at the moment; I'm making the best decision by being here. Don't know if this makes sense.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Some how the local gas station had diesel in all thier tanks and my car is in the shop. Not to sure how they did it or what they will do to fix it but I am glad that it's not my fault.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Uninstalled Win 8 on my laptop, went back to Win 7. Took a while to get all the updates squared away, but finally, it's done.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

agreed. monotony is the greatest pain for me. nothing worse than feeling like a drone.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Look on the bright side...you could have the worse of both worlds like I do. Routine of in the office for 6am every day but then all kinds of extra **** thrown in such as random evening meets, all day things on a weekend day (ugh, a two day retreat on 1/12 and 13 for me...12 days straight right after vacation), etc.

I think the grass is always greener over the septic tank. ;)

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Look on the bright side...you could have the worse of both worlds like I do. Routine of in the office for 6am every day but then all kinds of extra **** thrown in such as random evening meets, all day things on a weekend day (ugh, a two day retreat on 1/12 and 13 for me...12 days straight right after vacation), etc.

I think the grass is always greener over the septic tank. ;)

I've had a lot of work stress lately, and it's really been ******* me up - anxiety, insomnia, irregularity, etc. I got some perspective on it when we had a crew working in the yard at 9 PM in 48 degree weather to finish off a new retaining wall, because there's been so much rain lately that they had had to squeeze in the concrete pour at 4 in the afternoon. Every job has its own flavor of stress.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Agree that every job has it's own stress, and having spent many years being very poor, not having cash is its own stress. Still, there is a special stress reserved for folks that have 24/7/365 operations...particularly if those operations are in healthcare.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

Agree that every job has it's own stress, and having spent many years being very poor, not having cash is its own stress. Still, there is a special stress reserved for folks that have 24/7/365 operations...particularly if those operations are in healthcare.

All true.

I decided not to follow in my dad's footsteps to become an MD when we had a couple of State Troopers show up at our house at 3 AM to inform him that the phone was off the hook and the hospital was trying to reach him. Given how I react to stress these days I'm certain that it was the right decision - I'm trying not to get addicted to benzos as it is, having my own prescription pad would have been a disaster :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads