Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. zarathustra

zarathustra Senior member

Good luck. I am going down the same path-- so I just avoid the doctor. I haven't seen an MD in at least a dozen or years. Given the stress at work and midlife weight shift, the weight I have gained is acting like a multiplier. I just don't even have a clue what I could change that would not destroy my job or my sanity.

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have put on a couple pounds this holiday season that I plan to drop, but it will happen naturally when I fall back into my normal routine. My eating has been pretty much the same, however the girlfriend was making desserts this past week that has been killing my somewhat normal eating.

3. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

a few things are fucking up my mood...im gaining weight and getting tubby. i mean, not PF fat, but still. not comfy in slim waist 32 anymore.

also, just got out of a meeting at work...for the second time in the past 12 months, my bonus structure is being changed. last time i lost about 30K/year, and with the current changes, could be about another 10K or more. Wouldnt be an issue if i were making a decent amount to start with, but this much is a fucking major % of my annual income. Fuck i hate making someone else rich. /rant

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

eff. really?!?

i tried it once. did not work out well. probably because it was the wrong profession for me entirely, but either way, working for yourself presents its own bucket of difficulties. making money and being happy with how you do it is no easy task no matter how you slice it. at least that has been my experience.

best of luck to us all.

if it makes you feel any better, i dont hate my new job, and getting back to the rat race after all the time off is just as miserable for me too. its the dead of winter and its gonna be a long grind ahead. yay life! lol

also, 100% agree, one of the hardest parts to going back is not being able to see my kids throughout the day.

good luck. you and me both, meng.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

5. in stitches

:( sorry man. that blows. fucking assholes. you looking for something new yet?

6. patrickBOOTH

Fuck, that sucks.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

You got this, Douglas. Just got to make a little time for it, and find something you enjoy.

Losing 30K a year (for no good reason) would upset me in ways I could not publicly express.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013

8. in stitches

it would destroy my financial life.

9. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

will be starting asap.
    at least i have my awesome hair. ;)

it did T. i was lucky that i had saved quite a bit, but after that major of a hit, im tapped out.

FTFY ;)

10. patrickBOOTH

Awwwwww yeaaaaaahhhh! :fistbump:

11. DerekS

DerekS Guyliner

how old are you? im 29....getting close to 30. seems as soon as i hit 29, my metabolism stopped and said "fuck this"......everything i eat goes to my ass and stomach. I used to be able to hit the gym a little and i was back to good. not anymore. GETTING OLD SUCKS

12. patrickBOOTH

I'm 27. My metabolism slowed when I was about 11.

13. HRoi

HRoi Senior member

2012 was the year of the health scare and resolution to get back in shape for me. I'm happy to say I succeeded by my standards - cholesterol good, BP normal (although I'm on meds now), lost 40 lbs and am now around 13% body fat. I also had a full cardio workup in the fall and everything came back good. The last test i had at the beginning of 2012 was absolutely pathetic, as well as frightening.

What worked for me is that I went on a very regimented diet and exercise program - the one where it tells you every rep, minute and exercise to do everyday, and what every shred of food you put in your body should be.
    That's the only thing that can work for me, otherwise I'm all over the place and I fail. I got into a good groove at the gym but I've had to resign myself to not deriving any pleasure from the food I eat for awhile. That part sucks.

I'm gonna continue this as far as I can into 2013 and have some extra motivation, having learned that one of my wife's bosses (not direct but in the same group) dropped dead of a heart attack while shoveling snow right before Christmas

The reason why people avoid revolving doors is that assholes like me love to jam their foot in the door and laugh as they smash headfirst into the door divider :lol:

14. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I had the worst track workout this morning. Normally I can bang it out in most conditions, but this morning it was cold and a huge headwind kept standing me up on the back straight. Even then I normally do okay, but I couldn't wait to get the hell out of there and back home. Miserable.

15. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Sorry to hear about all the newly minted fatties back at work today. Stay tough, lax bros.

Time for me to post in the Happy thread now.