• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

AintDatRite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by why
Depends where lunch was.

It was at a Japanese restaurant - only about $10 per person. The cost doesnt matter; we allocate money for these events - really pissed off because he is a good manager and I hate to lose him. He was 'homesick'; we hired him and he moved here after getting his MBA from Haaaavaaaard. He was young and really missed his family and when a job came available closer to 'home', he took it... now I have to try to replace him.

When my admin found out, she decided she was taking the rest of the day and tomorrow off - in addition to her vacation time next week. She said that when she returns, she HOPES I am over it...

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow. What a *****.

You should've hooked him up with some poon to get him to drop anchor. Are you married or do you have any daughters?

ArtisticShowcase

Reaction score
my mac's logic board crapped out. now i can't watch my copies of summer heights high or true blood, must wait for apple store to repair it

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Paypal has a hold on a purchase I made here. Apparantly since I was out of the country when I made the purchase, they put a hold on it....after I cleared that up, they went again and opened an investigation....now been 3 days while my ******* purchase is in limbo.

**** paypal.

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
My flight to New York City was delayed for 6 hours.

Jet Blast, I'm looking at you.

Oh well. **** happens. Chances are I don't work for the airline you flew.

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by AintDatRite
What's pissing me off today?

One of my managers took his 25-employee team to a 'Christmas lunch' for which he filed an expense report to be reimbursed.... only rather than using it as a 'team building exercise', he announced his resignation. .

You aren't running your place correctly. If someone announces their resignation to others before you, it's a sign that something is wrong. Sure, the guys a dick for doing it - but the fact that he felt he needed to do it that way or could do it that way is a bad sign.

You took a chance on hiring somebody who might bail. It could be a lot worse. He could have stole, taken customers away, planted bad rumors about you, etc.. Consider yourself lucky that those things did not happen.

Pay for the lunch as part of YOUR team building exercise. The whole enterprise, as you know, is your responsibility. You hired him, so ultimately it is your responsibility. That's why you do (or will get) the big bucks.

You can also fire anybody's ass who doesn't live up to your standards.

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fuckin' snow! 12" coming between tomorrow and Sunday. Winter has not officially begun and I'm sick of it already.
plain.gif

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Fuckin' snow! 12" coming between tomorrow and Sunday. Winter has not officially begun and I'm sick of it already.
plain.gif

It's supposed to be .75 inches of ICE here between now and 4 AM tomorrow. Due to "Thunder snow" or some ****. Fack!
I wish I were still in Chicago, where it's only supposed to be 8 inches of actual snow.

daft

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
plain.gif

+1

the thought of waking 20 minutes earlier because of snow is just painful.

AintDatRite

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fredfred
You aren't running your place correctly. If someone announces their resignation to others before you, it's a sign that something is wrong. Sure, the guys a dick for doing it - but the fact that he felt he needed to do it that way or could do it that way is a bad sign.

You took a chance on hiring somebody who might bail. It could be a lot worse. He could have stole, taken customers away, planted bad rumors about you, etc.. Consider yourself lucky that those things did not happen.

Pay for the lunch as part of YOUR team building exercise. The whole enterprise, as you know, is your responsibility. You hired him, so ultimately it is your responsibility. That's why you do (or will get) the big bucks.

You can also fire anybody's ass who doesn't live up to your standards.

It wasnt a planned announcement. Apparently, he received the damn call offering him the job whilst he was driving to the restaurant. He couldnt control his emotions (or else he shot a load in his pants because he was so happy) and his employees knew something was up - so he told them. One of his employees said he was 'crying like a *****' when he told them he 'had to leave'.

Actually, I didnt hire him (even though I do take credit for his hiring when asked)... After he was hired by another one of my managers, I simply saw the potential in him and the ambition/initiative/drive he had and quickly brought him into the 'inner circle' before anyone else could.

It just sucks. I could go through another 100 managers without finding one like him. I felt he definitely had the potential to be promoted to a senior executive position within our firm (COO of one of our subsidiaries or something in that arena) within 10 years or so - if he had stayed. I honestly believe that once he has been home for a few months and gets everything straightened out, he will call and ask to return. He's young - I will give him the 'freebie'... and bring him back with no hard feelings. (Plus, from what he told me, hes taking about a $30K/year pay cut by leaving. Once you get used to a certain income level, its hard to give it up.)

Also, I dont personally fire anyone - its too stressful (and with all the workplace violence, I dont wanna get shot). Whilst moving up the ladder, I've had to terminate quite a few employees. Nowadays, though, that is one of the purposes of our HR division...

Originally Posted by el72

That has to suck.... it was 79°(F) here today

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
my guy in chile gave me two nice bottles of wine, but that meant I had to check them, cause I couldn't carry them on the place. and they were the last ******* thing to come out on the conveyor belt in DF

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads