• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cajuns rub the squirrels with spices and sear them in oil in a HOT cast iron pot then cover it and cook them down to tender. Louisiana where a poor man eats like a king

Yeah, we never made a stew with them at home. My mom would dust them in flour and pan-fry them, covered, until tender and then make a pan gravy to drape over the squirrel and biscuits.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had these weird F***ers growing up. They're like a cross between a rabbit, squirrel and kangaroo. Have been taxonomically reclassified about half a dozen times already.

Website_SpeciesPage_SpringHare03_02_Solutions.jpg

Preferred method of hunting was to get drunk on brandy, gun a pickup across an open farm field at night, dive off and wring their necks while they briefly froze in the light. Injuries were not rare. Bigger than they look in this picture -- adults 6 to 9 pounds.

Last edited:

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So I reached into my closet today. Thought I was picking out my charcoal pants that were pressed. It was dark I didn't really care to look. Get in the car realize they are navy suit pants.

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I reached into my closet today. Thought I was picking out my charcoal pants that were pressed. It was dark I didn't really care to look. Get in the car realize they are navy suit pants.
So you look like a mis-matched slob?

What a unique and unexpected experience for you

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Pay your electric bill dude!

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We had these weird F***ers growing up. They're like a cross between a rabbit, squirrel and kangaroo. Have been taxonomically reclassified about half a dozen times already.

View attachment 1673066

Preferred method of hunting was to get drunk on brandy, gun a pickup across an open farm field at night, dive off and wring their necks while they briefly froze in the light. Injuries were not rare. Bigger than they look in this picture -- adults 6 to 9 pounds.
Spotlighting rodents--now I've seen it all!

What the hell is that thing, anyway? It looks like some weird creation someone made in Photoshop.

Also, what did you do with them afterwards? I could see myself with one of those feet on a keychain as a morbid lucky charm...

RIP for real this time.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so @horny @HORNS @9

if you were not at home and somehow squirrel or some other "alternative protein" was available... do you order it? Do you ever find yourself craving those?

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
so @horny @HORNS @9

if you were not at home and somehow squirrel or some other "alternative protein" was available... do you order it? Do you ever find yourself craving those?
Absolutely. If there is rabbit on the menu I will order it. When I travel to Europe, if there is ever any offal I will most likely order it because I love peasant food for its taste and history.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads