• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just walk into the Accountant's office, sign a form, and walk out. Y'all have people to clean your house or mow the lawn but you'll try to DIY your taxes? GTFOHWTMFBS
I just pay someone to do mine also. I don't want to waste 6-8 hours of my life trying to fill that **** out. Filling out all of the K-1's is a ***** to do.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, that's cheap. That's lower than 15 year fixed rate mortgages.
I know.

That's why I'm thinking why bother with a down payment. Just take out a loan for the full cost and invest my down payment.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just back from an emotional send-off. There were words of love, there were hugs, there were kisses, and there were more hugs ... with a tear or two. In the end I cried unconsolably. Then I did what all good Americans do and I dropped my check payable to the United States Treasury in the mail.

cross22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So finally done with taxes, assuming the accountant doesn't screw up the efiling. I don't think I have ever been this grumpy about paying my taxes, must be getting old.

jcman311

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my 3 hour interview today. Was rather interesting. I’ve never been so torn about a ****** current situation and not being completely sold on a position. Like I had my would be boss reading questions off of what looked like a standard list of interview questions provided by hr and none of those questions applied to the position.

Meh, I guess I’ll have to think about it. Or I suppose they’ll have to offer the job first. Whatever, I’m guessing I’ll probably pass and continue looking.

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like I had my would be boss reading questions off of what looked like a standard list of interview questions provided by hr and none of those questions applied to the position.
If they are phoning it in even before you join, imagine what it's like working there?

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had my 3 hour interview today. Was rather interesting. I’ve never been so torn about a ****** current situation and not being completely sold on a position. Like I had my would be boss reading questions off of what looked like a standard list of interview questions provided by hr and none of those questions applied to the position.

Meh, I guess I’ll have to think about it. Or I suppose they’ll have to offer the job first. Whatever, I’m guessing I’ll probably pass and continue looking.
I remember going to an interview a long time ago.
Get there and find out it's a group thing. This guy comes to the front and says we will be given a test, and only a small percentage of those will be asked back for one on ones.
I smelled bullshit, and purposely answered every question wrong.
*I do not like being around people.
*I have a problem with authority, etc.
Later, they blew up my phone with messages.
"We are excited to let you know you've passed and can't wait to talk again"

PhilKenSebben

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guys. We have a patriotic duty.

Rise up, get those dollars out of storage, put on disposable clothes, we need to go to the titty bar

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oldest kid going to college next year. Small-ish New England liberal arts college. We got very little in terms of financial aid but it's not crazy expensive. I need to come up with about $25K/year. I've always saved a lot for retirement, never for kid's college but we can afford to pay it as we go.

I had a meeting recently with a Fidelity guy when rolling over my old 401K and he mentioned that the future of student loan debt is unknown and that rather than pay out of pocket (our initial plan), I should think about loans in the event that some debt gets forgiven down the road.

Thoughts?

brokencycle

Reaction score
Oldest kid going to college next year. Small-ish New England liberal arts college. We got very little in terms of financial aid but it's not crazy expensive. I need to come up with about $25K/year. I've always saved a lot for retirement, never for kid's college but we can afford to pay it as we go.

I had a meeting recently with a Fidelity guy when rolling over my old 401K and he mentioned that the future of student loan debt is unknown and that rather than pay out of pocket (our initial plan), I should think about loans in the event that some debt gets forgiven down the road.

Thoughts?

At the very least, you should take the subsidized loans. They don't start accruing interest until graduation.

jbarwick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had a fraudulent charge on my Citi card in early April. Filed a complaint thinking it was an easy case. Vendor provides proof I ordered with delivery notification to the Bronx. I point this out to Citi, they said no problem. Call them every now and then to get updates. Yesterday they tell me it was closed as I never responded to their claims. Now I am shopping around for a new CC. Any good ones for a non-baller?

Also, since being let go from my last job, I have PTSD every time there is slight disagreement and I think the cause is solely on me and I will be let go again. This has led to a lot of sleepless nights, stress, and weight gain. It doesn't even have to be big things, some very minor everyday type items. This sucks...

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Savannah Rain, a 23-year-old stripper ... whose stage name is Sage.
Wait her real name is Savannah Rain? Something is very wrong here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads