Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Piobaire

Piobaire Not left of center?

Lost one glove on the train today. So that's a wool cap, gustbuster umbrella and now a glove in a fucking month. [​IMG]

Dood, have a dementia screening done!

2. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for

No kidding.
    I don't think I have ever lost a glove or a hat; certainly not an umbrella.

The RubeBabesâ„¢ "” at least the two younger ones "” are forever losing their cell phones, iPods, etc. I don't understand how one loses things like this.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

I've lost at least 4 of those mini-umbrella's over the past year or so. I take them into the store, inadvertently leave them on a shelf or in the cart, and since its not raining when I get outside, somehow forget all about them.

4. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

No kidding.
    I don't think I have ever lost a glove or a hat; certainly not an umbrella.

The RubeBabes™ — at least the two younger ones — are forever losing their cell phones, iPods, etc. I don't understand how one loses things like this.

I've lost at least 4 of those mini-umbrella's over the past year or so. I take them into the store, inadvertently leave them on a shelf or in the cart, and since its not raining when I get outside, somehow forget all about them.

The umbrella is a smaller Gustbuster. Not teeny but small. Anyway, I left it in one of those "community" umbrella baskets at a restaurant while it was sleeting/snowing one night. Hour of drinking or so later and it was gone. Someone must've taken it.

Yeah, don't know why I lose things so easily. A lot of it is drinking related (get wasted somewhere and leave some under a table or coat check. But for fun let's do a quick rundown:

Filson zippered tote bags x2 - both at a bar (or was it on the train?) after getting shitfaced one night (over two years).
    LL Bean Tote x1 - same as above.
    3-5 Gustbuster umbrella - 3 in the lost bags above. 1 at the restaurant as mentioned above. A big gustbuster at a hotel after LSAT class.
    Gloves
    Hats

Winter Coat during winter x1 - new years 2010, went to some party with Magician. Blacked out and woke up in my apartment with no coat. It was 30 degrees or something outside
    Cell Phone x2 - First time 5-6 years ago sophomore year in college lost it at a friends house after a day bbqing and horse shoes. Second time 3 years ago. Got trashed with a friend. Had my phone that night. It was no where to be found the next day (may've tossed it over the balcony). Third time was with the winter coat but luckily the cab company called me back as I left it in the back seat.
    Expensive as shit RL PL sunglasses - in LL Bean tote as above.

As you'll note, just about all of the above were alcohol related and quite a few of the lost items were probably stolen but no excuse on my part not keeping an eye on them.

Lessons learned - Leave bag, gloves, sunglasses and anything not critical behind when going out for the night. It's worked well so far but no idea how I lost my glove dead sober at 12pm on the train.

[​IMG]

5. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Actually, the lesson that I took away from that was "don't bring your expensive shit you might not want to lose when you go out drinking."

6. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    ...Yeah, don't know why I lose things so easily. A lot of it is drinking related (get wasted somewhere and leave some under a table or coat check...

Actually, the lesson that I took away from that was "don't bring your expensive shit you might not want to lose when you go out drinking."

I think you're both talking the same plan here.

7. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Senior member

My dignity is expensive. How do I leave that at home? I always manage to lose it.

8. Kajak

Kajak Senior member

Generally speaking, leaving your dignity at home and losing it are pretty similar [​IMG]

9. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan White Hispanic

I awoke on New Year's Day missing both my shoes and my hat. Had to wear socks into the Varsity to eat. [​IMG]

Alcohol-related losses are the worst.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

I awoke on New Year's Day missing both my shoes and my hat. Had to wear socks into the Varsity to eat. [​IMG]

Alcohol-related losses are the worst.

No kidding. I got hammered at a work/friend party and wound up at someone else's apartment the next morning, without my glasses. Had to drive all squinty-eyed and relied on a couple of lucky guesses to remember where the party was. Didn't even have a backup pair of specs.

11. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

No kidding. I got hammered at a work/friend party and wound up at someone else's apartment the next morning, without my glasses. Had to drive all squinty-eyed and relied on a couple of lucky guesses to remember where the party was. Didn't even have a backup pair of specs.
    Lost my glasses once. Natch, it was the morning after I drank a fifth of gin. It is like losing the ability to live. [​IMG]

12. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

[​IMG]

They are serving something they call the "James Bond Martini". But they are using Bombay gin, not Gordons. I called them on it and they looked at me like I was fucked in the head. WTF? This world sucks. I hate all of you.

13. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I got some socks and they don't retain their elasticity at all. They scrunch down on my ankles and lose their shape. Fucking bullshit.

14. SirWill

SirWill Member

Ice. Ice is seriously pissing me off. It took me two hours to get all the ice chipped off my car today.

15. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

[​IMG] people being late to meals. you agree to have dinner at 6. They arrive at 6:30 with no explanation.