• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Lost one glove on the train today. So that's a wool cap, gustbuster umbrella and now a glove in a ******* month.
ffffuuuu.gif

Dood, have a dementia screening done!

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

No kidding.
I don't think I have ever lost a glove or a hat; certainly not an umbrella.

The RubeBabesâ„¢ "” at least the two younger ones "” are forever losing their cell phones, iPods, etc. I don't understand how one loses things like this.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I've lost at least 4 of those mini-umbrella's over the past year or so. I take them into the store, inadvertently leave them on a shelf or in the cart, and since its not raining when I get outside, somehow forget all about them.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire

Originally Posted by Dakota rube
No kidding.
I don't think I have ever lost a glove or a hat; certainly not an umbrella.

The RubeBabes™ — at least the two younger ones — are forever losing their cell phones, iPods, etc. I don't understand how one loses things like this.

Originally Posted by Rambo
I've lost at least 4 of those mini-umbrella's over the past year or so. I take them into the store, inadvertently leave them on a shelf or in the cart, and since its not raining when I get outside, somehow forget all about them.

The umbrella is a smaller Gustbuster. Not teeny but small. Anyway, I left it in one of those "community" umbrella baskets at a restaurant while it was sleeting/snowing one night. Hour of drinking or so later and it was gone. Someone must've taken it.

Yeah, don't know why I lose things so easily. A lot of it is drinking related (get wasted somewhere and leave some under a table or coat check. But for fun let's do a quick rundown:

Filson zippered tote bags x2 - both at a bar (or was it on the train?) after getting shitfaced one night (over two years).
LL Bean Tote x1 - same as above.
3-5 Gustbuster umbrella - 3 in the lost bags above. 1 at the restaurant as mentioned above. A big gustbuster at a hotel after LSAT class.
Gloves
Hats

Winter Coat during winter x1 - new years 2010, went to some party with Magician. Blacked out and woke up in my apartment with no coat. It was 30 degrees or something outside
Cell Phone x2 - First time 5-6 years ago sophomore year in college lost it at a friends house after a day bbqing and horse shoes. Second time 3 years ago. Got trashed with a friend. Had my phone that night. It was no where to be found the next day (may've tossed it over the balcony). Third time was with the winter coat but luckily the cab company called me back as I left it in the back seat.
Expensive as **** RL PL sunglasses - in LL Bean tote as above.

As you'll note, just about all of the above were alcohol related and quite a few of the lost items were probably stolen but no excuse on my part not keeping an eye on them.

Lessons learned - Leave bag, gloves, sunglasses and anything not critical behind when going out for the night. It's worked well so far but no idea how I lost my glove dead sober at 12pm on the train.

ffffuuuu.gif

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
...Yeah, don't know why I lose things so easily. A lot of it is drinking related (get wasted somewhere and leave some under a table or coat check...

Actually, the lesson that I took away from that was "don't bring your expensive **** you might not want to lose when you go out drinking."

I think you're both talking the same plan here.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Actually, the lesson that I took away from that was "don't bring your expensive **** you might not want to lose when you go out drinking."

My dignity is expensive. How do I leave that at home? I always manage to lose it.

Kajak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Generally speaking, leaving your dignity at home and losing it are pretty similar
teacha.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score
I awoke on New Year's Day missing both my shoes and my hat. Had to wear socks into the Varsity to eat.
frown.gif

Alcohol-related losses are the worst.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
I awoke on New Year's Day missing both my shoes and my hat. Had to wear socks into the Varsity to eat.
frown.gif

Alcohol-related losses are the worst.

No kidding. I got hammered at a work/friend party and wound up at someone else's apartment the next morning, without my glasses. Had to drive all squinty-eyed and relied on a couple of lucky guesses to remember where the party was. Didn't even have a backup pair of specs.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
No kidding. I got hammered at a work/friend party and wound up at someone else's apartment the next morning, without my glasses. Had to drive all squinty-eyed and relied on a couple of lucky guesses to remember where the party was. Didn't even have a backup pair of specs.
Lost my glasses once. Natch, it was the morning after I drank a fifth of gin. It is like losing the ability to live.
ffffuuuu.gif

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
d21cc322.jpg

They are serving something they call the "James Bond Martini". But they are using Bombay gin, not Gordons. I called them on it and they looked at me like I was fucked in the head. WTF? This world sucks. I hate all of you.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I got some socks and they don't retain their elasticity at all. They scrunch down on my ankles and lose their shape. ******* bullshit.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
ffffuuuu.gif
people being late to meals. you agree to have dinner at 6. They arrive at 6:30 with no explanation.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads