• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

HORNS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i thought things would turn out differently but it seems my kitty has a date with destiny , i just hope he feels loved
So sorry to hear that. Give him a kiss on his head for me.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would name a stupid lawn game "corn hole". That reference is settled science

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

beargonefishing

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry Jones uses the term glōry hole all the time in interviews. Apparently it is some oil and gas term, but is associated with something else entirely for most.

I guess what I'm saying is that old people don't language good.

Cause Moe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jerry Jones uses the term glōry hole all the time in interviews. Apparently it is some oil and gas term, but is associated with something else entirely for most.

It's a very common mining term, and it's all over the history of mining of the American West. There is no way to learn about California gold mines and Nevada silver mines without encountering the term frequently.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a very common mining term, and it's all over the history of mining of the American West. There is no way to learn about California gold mines and Nevada silver mines without encountering the term frequently.
I bet those miners were all about gl0ry holes.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

SixOhNine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My favorite oil & gas term is "stripper well"- a barely producing well, below state disclosure requirements, that makes enough to pay for a night at the strip club without your wife getting suspicious.

Last edited:

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
😳

Be safe out there.

1685152818268.png

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I kind of dont like that memorial day has morphed into veterans and armed services member day. It's a somber time to remember the horrors of war not to grandstand on patriotism.

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I once saw a seagull rip a sandwich out of a woman's hands at the beach, but this is going too far. Back when I lived in a seaside burg it never seemed summer had officially begun until I'd been shat upon from above.

they can also read a scoreboard , always amazing to see the gulls congregate over at at&t park ~7th inning

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Was on the Metro North railroad this wknd coming back into NYC. Early 10:06am train. Express into 125th Street from...I forget what stop. So once we hit ABC, no local stops.

I am in my window seat..beer opened and headphones in checking out some Youtube vids. No one seated next to me. All is suave!

Woman gets on a ways into the trip with her dog. No...not a service dog, but that's ok. I like dogs. Bonus if they are well behaved. This is an appr 50-60lb dog..not some small dog.

She sits right across from me in a 3 seater where the only person in that row was a man at the window.

Woman starts to say how well behaved her dog is and that the dog has taken multiple car trips and this train trip is a "practice" run for another upcoming trip. Man gives her his "whatever" smile.

Instead of having her dog sit on the floor or in the aisle seat...away from the dude, she lets the dog sit up in the middle seat next to said dude.

Dog is trying to look out the window and also looking over the seatback of the people seated in front of them.

Woman starts with her dog "baby talk". Oh...you are such a good boy and blah blah. Dog is clearly restless! Baby talk doesn't stop!

Dog then JUMPS OVER THE SEATBACK into the laps of the people sitting in front of the woman/dog! Oh my...she says. The people in front are startled and shocked!

She gets her dog back into her row....and puts the dog on the floor in between her legs...like she should have done from the jump! Dog is clearly not prepared for the train ride.

I am hibbeldy and pissed!

Ticket guys walks by and asks for her ticket. She presents it and he says....this ticket says XYZ. She says...yeah...that's where I am going. He says, well, that's not where we are going...we are going express to 125th St. You are going to have to change there for the train going back up.

She is psssd. I am smiling!

Idiot!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads