• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is such a frustrating situation. What I want to do is send her a list of the repairs she needs to make but doesn't think she has to because the lease says we're responsible for "minor repairs" (once again, "duties of the landlord cannot be waived"). This is not trivial/petty ****, so if she refuses to make them, I call a housing inspector. I know this will trigger a fight that probably ends with me losing my security deposit, though. (I may be able to fight that in small claims court, but is it worth it?)

I know I'm right, but I don't know if it's worth the fight. It's annoying as hell how much horrible landlords can get away with just because it's not worth the effort fighting.

I just want to get out of here but I don't want to move twice, and I'm apprehensive about the housing market right now.
My advice is walk away, take the hit, save yourself the ongoing agita. It's just not worth the mental anguish. Do not, under any circumstances, utter the words: "But it's a matter of principle!"

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My advice is walk away, take the hit, save yourself the ongoing agita. It's just not worth the mental anguish. Do not, under any circumstances, utter the words: "But it's a matter of principle!"
Why does Omega Male believe there is still hope for Edina? "It's a matter of principle" he says.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is such a frustrating situation. What I want to do is send her a list of the repairs she needs to make but doesn't think she has to because the lease says we're responsible for "minor repairs" (once again, "duties of the landlord cannot be waived"). This is not trivial/petty ****, so if she refuses to make them, I call a housing inspector. I know this will trigger a fight that probably ends with me losing my security deposit, though. (I may be able to fight that in small claims court, but is it worth it?)
I have a feeling it's going to end up in 1 of 3 scenarios
1. You go after the landlord and lose your security deposit.
2. You do nothing and lose your security deposit.
3. You make the repairs yourself and get your security deposit.

All 3 end up with you out of pocket. It's just a matter of how much out of pocket.

Van Veen

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a feeling it's going to end up in 1 of 3 scenarios
1. You go after the landlord and lose your security deposit.
2. You do nothing and lose your security deposit.
3. You make the repairs yourself and get your security deposit.

All 3 end up with you out of pocket. It's just a matter of how much out of pocket.
4. I make the repairs myself and she comes up with bullshit reasons to take my security deposit. (It's an non-updated 1975 house. There's plenty of wear-and-tear.)

Now, my possible trump card on the security deposit is that she failed to comply with notification requirements, the penalty for which is that she forfeits her right to keep it even for valid issues. (You must notify the tenant of the bank where the deposit is being held within 30 days.) Of course once again, probably not worth it to fight.

If it comes to it, I can schedule a minimum housing inspection. Then it becomes her vs. the city, not her vs. me, and she will have to bring the house into 100% compliance with minimum housing requirements.

I mean, the problem is anything but moving out and breaking the lease is going to cause agita given all the problems with this house that affect everyday life. And moving out is going to cause agita fighting over the broken lease, not to mention the actual process/expense of moving.

Lizard23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Back at home for 2 days of vacation decompression and back to work on Monday. Another fantastic beach vacation with my wife and little ones has come to an end. It being over has me feeling melancholy but all in all it was a great vacation with a good blend of family time, solo time, and adult time. Still, this week will suck. I will have many drinks tonight, get up early tomorrow, and prepare for the week ahead.

I will look at these pictures more times than I care to admit over the next 2 weeks.

9693CE24-6914-4095-BE01-808E7D3A97C4.jpeg
88EEA6EA-A0BB-40C8-A83B-53261141D02D.jpeg
F469A22D-6F8A-4D7D-A136-7B74D531AA0A.jpeg

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4. I make the repairs myself and she comes up with bullshit reasons to take my security deposit. (It's an non-updated 1975 house. There's plenty of wear-and-tear.)

Now, my possible trump card on the security deposit is that she failed to comply with notification requirements, the penalty for which is that she forfeits her right to keep it even for valid issues. (You must notify the tenant of the bank where the deposit is being held within 30 days.) Of course once again, probably not worth it to fight.

If it comes to it, I can schedule a minimum housing inspection. Then it becomes her vs. the city, not her vs. me, and she will have to bring the house into 100% compliance with minimum housing requirements.
So either way you're losing your security deposit.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
First play from scrimmage and it's a TD on a QB option run.

Then they have to ruin it with the stupid-ass swinging gate formation for PAT. THE SWINGING GATE JUST RUINS EVERYONE'S TIME.

And DONT SAY THE TRIPLE OPTION IS THE SAME AS THE FLEXBONE OFFENSE THEY ARE NOT.

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah every time I listen to Morrissey/The Smiths other than "This Charming Man" and like two other songs I'm like **** this is some stupid-ass pretentious **** and I hate it. Two hours later I finally listen to something else.
Mr. Morose is always in my rotation...

Omega Male

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah every time I listen to Morrissey/The Smiths other than "This Charming Man" and like two other songs I'm like **** this is some stupid-ass pretentious **** and I hate it. Two hours later I finally listen to something else.
I kinda thought you couldn't get any lower in my estimation but I was wrong.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moradinho