• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Mr Goodbar is the best of the bad little mixed bag hershey bars...

Faltz claim, Krackel is definitely the best with Special Dark a strong second place. I've always thought Mr. Goodbar was the worst.

(I grew up in Wisconsin, where my teachers all pronounced false as faltz. I'm guessing that's a regional thing?)

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
In the little town I grew up in it would take two hours and you'd have hit every house in the burg. Now I think only cucks don't have a gate and let randos into their neighborhood. No trick or treaters here.

brokencycle

Reaction score
In the little town I grew up in it would take two hours and you'd have hit every house in the burg. Now I think only cucks don't have a gate and let randos into their neighborhood. No trick or treaters here.

That's because you hate America and everything it stands for.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Broseph, it sounds harsh when you say it like that.

ASNY2VA

Reaction score
Okay as many of you can imagine, I have been using email for hell of years--like basically since 1996 or so. But irregardless, my mente still thinks in terms of old-fashioned letters. And so when I attach a document in an email, I write "Enclosed please find...." But enclosed means enclosed in a envelope (regular white or manila it don't make no differnce). I should write "Attached please find...." Hey at least I don't attach a gif of a stamp to my emails.

I would recommend you purchase some forever stamp gifs so as to save dat money down the road (in the future).

double00

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Faltz claim, Krackel is definitely the best with Special Dark a strong second place. I've always thought Mr. Goodbar was the worst.

(I grew up in Wisconsin, where my teachers all pronounced false as faltz. I'm guessing that's a regional thing?)

i wonder what kind of candy @Roland Loden of Germany would prefer?

brokencycle

Reaction score
I generally have a good commute - ~15 minute each way. Often a bit more on the way home. However lately they have been closing one lane on the highway I take. For whatever reason they only have it closed in the morning on the side where all the traffic is.

Today was wise than normal, but at least watching morons make a u turn right before traffic improved made it a little better.

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Safety[edit]

Looking downhill from the Summit Road overpass; brake lights can be seen as cars slow down before the curve known as "The Valley Surprise".
SR 17's combination of narrow shoulders, dense traffic, sharp turns, blind curves, wandering fauna such as deer and mountain lions, and sudden changes in traffic speeds have led to driving conditions that result in a number of collisions and fatalities, leading to the reputation of SR 17 as one of the most dangerous highways in the state. In the winter months, because SR 17 crosses a high precipitation area in the Santa Cruz Mountains, the roadway can become slippery from rain, snow or ice, especially at the summit.

Some sections of SR 17 are so dangerous that they have been nicknamed. The first long sweeping turn North of Summit Road with its sharp angle and steep entering downhill slope is called "The Valley Surprise" for the fact that so many strike the median shortly after having entered the Santa Clara Valley. The most infamous is called "Big Moody Curve". This curve is named after Big Moody Creek below, slightly greater than a 180 degree turn, and bracketed by additional 90 degree turns. The inside surfaces of the median barriers in both of these turns are normally chipped up and black with tire rubber.

Efforts to improve safety have included adding electronic speed monitoring signs and warnings lights on curves, removing trees to improve visibility around blind curves, and increased patrol and enforcement of traffic laws. The portion between Los Gatos and Scotts Valley has been designated the Highway 17 Safety Corridor by Caltrans and the California Highway Patrol.

Gillian Cichowski Memorial Overcrossing Bridge, over SR 17 near Los Gatos at Lexington Reservoir, was named by California Senate Concurrent Resolution 32, Chapt. 70 in 1994. Gillian Cichowski was killed in an accident at this location in 1992. This is one of the few highway constructions in California named for a woman. The overpass was in response to a campaign by friends of Gillian Cichowski to make the intersection (with Bear Creek Road) safer. The overpass was open to northbound traffic July 18, 1996 and opened to southbound traffic August 29, 1996. Margaret Green of Sunnyvale, California died in a similar accident near the same location during overpass construction.

Gillian Cichowski Memorial Overcrossing.
SR 17 in Santa Cruz County is named after California Highway Patrol Lieutenant Michael Walker. Walker was setting flares to direct traffic around an auto accident on New Year's Eve 2005 when he was struck and killed.[8] Partly in response to this accident near the Glenwood Road intersection, Caltrans began work in 2008 to widen the shoulder to eight feet.[9]
Twice a day for 10 years

brokencycle

Reaction score
Safety[edit]

Looking downhill from the Summit Road overpass; brake lights can be seen as cars slow down before the curve known as "The Valley Surprise".
SR 17's combination of narrow shoulders, dense traffic, sharp turns, blind curves, wandering fauna such as deer and mountain lions, and sudden changes in traffic speeds have led to driving conditions that result in a number of collisions and fatalities, leading to the reputation of SR 17 as one of the most dangerous highways in the state. In the winter months, because SR 17 crosses a high precipitation area in the Santa Cruz Mountains, the roadway can become slippery from rain, snow or ice, especially at the summit.

Some sections of SR 17 are so dangerous that they have been nicknamed. The first long sweeping turn North of Summit Road with its sharp angle and steep entering downhill slope is called "The Valley Surprise" for the fact that so many strike the median shortly after having entered the Santa Clara Valley. The most infamous is called "Big Moody Curve". This curve is named after Big Moody Creek below, slightly greater than a 180 degree turn, and bracketed by additional 90 degree turns. The inside surfaces of the median barriers in both of these turns are normally chipped up and black with tire rubber.

Efforts to improve safety have included adding electronic speed monitoring signs and warnings lights on curves, removing trees to improve visibility around blind curves, and increased patrol and enforcement of traffic laws. The portion between Los Gatos and Scotts Valley has been designated the Highway 17 Safety Corridor by Caltrans and the California Highway Patrol.

Gillian Cichowski Memorial Overcrossing Bridge, over SR 17 near Los Gatos at Lexington Reservoir, was named by California Senate Concurrent Resolution 32, Chapt. 70 in 1994. Gillian Cichowski was killed in an accident at this location in 1992. This is one of the few highway constructions in California named for a woman. The overpass was in response to a campaign by friends of Gillian Cichowski to make the intersection (with Bear Creek Road) safer. The overpass was open to northbound traffic July 18, 1996 and opened to southbound traffic August 29, 1996. Margaret Green of Sunnyvale, California died in a similar accident near the same location during overpass construction.

Gillian Cichowski Memorial Overcrossing.
SR 17 in Santa Cruz County is named after California Highway Patrol Lieutenant Michael Walker. Walker was setting flares to direct traffic around an auto accident on New Year's Eve 2005 when he was struck and killed.[8] Partly in response to this accident near the Glenwood Road intersection, Caltrans began work in 2008 to widen the shoulder to eight feet.[9]
Twice a day for 10 years

Self-driving cars can't come soon enough.

My drive now isn't actually bad, and it is much better than my last job. It just frustrates me that they think closing one lane of a highway that heads to work for most people first thing in the morning, but in the afternoon it is open when people are going home and that side doesn't have traffic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads