• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
You DO have the tire on the ground, right? I have a friend that tried to loosen lug nuts after jacking up the tire.
facepalm.gif

Absolutely. WD40 didn't do anything, nor did a tire iron (was using an L-shaped one before).

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wound up calling a tow since my insurance covered it. The burly tow dude had the same reaction others in this thread did when I said the lug nuts wouldn't budge. He went at it and nearly ripped the tire off, but no budging. I didn't feel so bad after this massive guy with "Big Daddy" tattooed on his forearm proved to be no match for the might lug nuts.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by APK
I wound up calling a tow since my insurance covered it. The burly tow dude had the same reaction others in this thread did when I said the lug nuts wouldn't budge. He went at it and nearly ripped the tire off, but no budging. I didn't feel so bad after this massive guy with "Big Daddy" tattooed on his forearm proved to be no match for the might lug nuts.

Damn.

Usually at that point I bust out the cheater bar: a 1/2" flex-handle wrench, with an added 4' of galvanized pipe large enough to slip over the handle. Although if your lug-nuts are well and truly seized, a blowtorch might be called-for.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would've explored other alternatives, but didn't want the car to be sitting much long on a flat at that point.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
^^ fair enough.

new direction: I got a letter from the state today, notifying us that we have been selected for a state sales tax audit. This is not new, but apparently they have new incentive to rake businesses over the coals. Fortunately I think we're completely in compliance, but I still have to check my documentation to avoid or mitigate any nasty surprises.

yay me.

The Swede

Reaction score
I am sort of in the process of become sick. My immune system is fighting off the major symptoms so I just get these really strange ones. Suddenly my right nostril is clogged. Hours later my left one instead. This morning my throat hurt and I thought I was screwed. Then it just stopped. It's like my cold is mocking me..

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a big presentation set up in Australia. I've been setting it up for months. there is a very good reason why I have to do it, and not somebody else. there are dozens of people from all over australia coming.

I have been asked to do a presentation, on the exact same day, for a sales meeting of a large organization that covers all of south america - an area that I really need to improve my coverage and I have been lobbying to be invited to present at this meeting, before the date was set. there is no way to change either day, and nobody else to do the presenantations. so now I have to decide what to do.

really pissed off.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
How much do you stand to lose if somebody else does the Aussie presentation in your place? If the sum total is greater than the business you'd drum up from the S.Am trip, head to the outback. If not, send a lackie and go to S.Am yourself.

visionology

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
I have a big presentation set up in Australia. I've been setting it up for months. there is a very good reason why I have to do it, and not somebody else. there are dozens of people from all over australia coming.

I have been asked to do a presentation, on the exact same day, for a sales meeting of a large organization that covers all of south america - an area that I really need to improve my coverage and I have been lobbying to be invited to present at this meeting, before the date was set. there is no way to change either day, and nobody else to do the presenantations. so now I have to decide what to do.

really pissed off.

It's settled, you need a clone.

eztantz

Reaction score
My stuff isn't selling...

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
^^ fair enough.

new direction: I got a letter from the state today, notifying us that we have been selected for a state sales tax audit. This is not new, but apparently they have new incentive to rake businesses over the coals. Fortunately I think we're completely in compliance, but I still have to check my documentation to avoid or mitigate any nasty surprises.

yay me.

And so, being the head tax nerd and all, if something is fucked up, it's all your fault and the boss gets to form an angry mob with pitchforks and axes and come to your house?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
How much do you stand to lose if somebody else does the Aussie presentation in your place? If the sum total is greater than the business you'd drum up from the S.Am trip, head to the outback. If not, send a lackie and go to S.Am yourself.

yeah, in the end I'll have to make a decision, it just pisses me off to have to make the choice.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
And so, being the head tax nerd and all, if something is fucked up, it's all your fault and the boss gets to form an angry mob with pitchforks and axes and come to your house?

Not if I can blame someone else. Preferably someone in power.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics