1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. ysc

ysc Senior member

This day just seems to be going on and on. arrghh.
    I think I may have developed superpowers, minutes seem to be taking hours. I bet I could dodge a bullet if I was reading an excelspreadsheet at the same time.

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I know it shouldn't make me angry, but I hate it when you're reading a book and something is patently obvious to you, and based upon what you know of the characters and what they know of their situations, it should be obvious to them too, but it isn't, and they continue to fumble around in the dark.

3. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

God damn it, my expensive ass sheets are fucking torn. It's just a straight tear in the middle of the flat sheet. Just notice it today. I knew I was gonna have to get new pillow cases soon because the corners were wearing out, but [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. EL72

EL72 Senior member

God damn it, my expensive ass sheets are fucking torn. It's just a straight tear in the middle of the flat sheet. Just notice it today. I knew I was gonna have to get new pillow cases soon because the corners were wearing out, but [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Excessive pillow-biting will do that... [​IMG]

5. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

I'll be graduating in a few months. I'm beginning to fear that I won't get the job I really desire. But it's kind of good because I am determined to try harder now.

6. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I'll be graduating in a few months. I'm beginning to fear that I won't get the job I really desire. But it's kind of good because I am determined to try harder now.

Don't you have a decent internship? How many people will actually get real positions out of that program?

7. Krp480

Krp480 Senior member

Teenage girls. Facebook. People who do not believe in shelling out at least $30 for clothes.

8. flashback

flashback Senior member

the stupid "angry thing is angry" meme -

retarded meme is fucking RETARDED!!!!!!

9. Stazy

Stazy Senior member

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

Don't you have a decent internship? How many people will actually get real positions out of that program?
    That's hard to say. A lot of the jobs in this field are advertised internally. So basically you need to have a good rapport with existing staff (not really a problem for me). But I have the necessary qualifications so at this point it's kind of just the waiting game...impress my co-workers, do my job well, and remind them that I'm looking for a full-time position.

11. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

Damn dishwasher is leaking. Time to replace that old thing. At least it's leaking into the unit below with the bitchy old woman who was hassling us so much. Karma's a bitch, bitch.

b

12. sonick

sonick Senior member

I have terrible, gossiping, talking-behind-my-back overall shitty guy friends [​IMG]

13. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

I just lost my job.

Completely unprecedented. Ive been working there for around 8 months, have been a model employee. Never late, never called in sick, always came in early if they asked, always covered shifts, customers loved me (it's a coffee shop) myself and the managers always got along...

I wake up this morning, I see I have a message from my main manager, he says that I shouldn't come in today, nor again, apparently "they have no more hours" for me. Which I know is utter and complete horseshit, they're actually low on employees, and there are always problems because of that.

This couldnt have come at a worse time, honestly. Just met a great new girl i've been seeing, now i'm going to be broke as fuck, summers coming...

And it's going to be impossible for a college student to find part time work round this time.

Seriously do not understand how when I think my life is going so well, shit comes crashing down.

Insult to injury, at the end of the message my manager told me to call the owner if I had any questions. I did, cocksucker didn't pick up. I'd at least like to know the reason i'm being axed...?

14. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    Cold Sores.

I don't get cold sores, thankfully, but I do get canker sores. Right now I have one on the bottom of my tongue, which means it feels like someone is driving a needle through my tongue everytime I eat or drink, so I (kind of) feel your pain.

I just lost my job.

Completely unprecedented. Ive been working there for around 8 months, have been a model employee. Never late, never called in sick, always came in early if they asked, always covered shifts, customers loved me (it's a coffee shop) myself and the managers always got along...

I wake up this morning, I see I have a message from my main manager, he says that I shouldn't come in today, nor again, apparently "they have no more hours" for me. Which I know is utter and complete horseshit, they're actually low on employees, and there are always problems because of that.

This couldnt have come at a worse time, honestly. Just met a great new girl i've been seeing, now i'm going to be broke as fuck, summers coming...

And it's going to be impossible for a college student to find part time work round this time.

Seriously do not understand how when I think my life is going so well, shit comes crashing down.

Insult to injury, at the end of the message my manager told me to call the owner if I had any questions. I did, cocksucker didn't pick up. I'd at least like to know the reason i'm being axed...?

That sucks. You said you're in college. Are you in a smaller college town? Maybe they're trimming down staff in anticipation of the lower levels of business in the summer and have a LIFO policy? Just a thought, and it might explain why you were let go for no apparent reason. To be honest, if you're in a state where you can be fired without cause, I wouldn't expect to be given a reason. They're actually better off, from a legal standpoint, firing you without giving any justification.

Regardless, best of luck finding a new job. It's tough out there.

15. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

Not at all, I go to school in Manhattan, if anything business only gets better in the summer.

16. MrG

MrG Senior member

On This Lonely Road, Tryin' to Make it Home
    Ah. Gotcha. That sucks. Hopefully being in a bigger city will at least help you find another position, given it's a huge market. Good luck!

17. MarkI

MarkI Senior member

18. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I just lost my job.

Sorry to hear this, especially how they went about letting you go without providing a rationale. All the best to you in finding another job, soon.

19. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

I want to go back to sleep. Been up for 3 hours. [​IMG]

20. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

Hotel room mattresses. [​IMG]