• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

i have a weird name, or names, but they are all spelled properly.
I have a simple name that's been around for centuries. Kings have had my name, and it's spelled properly. Yet, I still have people who want to call me by a name that's not mine. Frustrating.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My surname is extremely rare ..

Less than 50 pepole around the world and I know 20 of them..

The only thing interesting about it ,it did change its spelling 4 times in 400 years..
There are two different spellings for my surname that exist within my extended family. It made for an interesting obituary when my father passed away a few months ago.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks for the sympathy guys, and jester, the end of the story was me shouting "you ******* asshole" as I swerved around him and kept going, then coming here to post about it. The irony in the whole situation was that I'd spent the rest of the ride thinking the biggest hazard I'd encountered was other cyclists doing whack **** like threading the needle through a crowd of slower riders.
Glad you didn't get hurt. I encountered similar jerks when I used to cycle a lot, especially on the back roads of Indiana. Had a few scary incidents.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

edit: and the protected bike lanes scare the **** out of me. Sure, you aren't going to get hit from behind (which is the cause of something like less than 1% of bicycle accidents), but now you are riding next to passenger doors and passengers never ******* look before throwing the door open. Also you are going to get clipped by turning cars at intersections because they don't expect a bike to shoot out from between the sidewalk and the parked minivan on the corner (as opposed to an unprotected lane where they had to pass you first and thus should have seen you).
These were added all over downtown Indy during the past couple of years. There is no way whatsoever I'd use them.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got woken up by drunken son at 5am who not only locked his keys and truck key in the truck but truck is parked in no standing zone in Civic. He was told to leave truck at mates house, he has cabcharge card to use on weekends or going out and getting drunk. But no!

Now wife has to drive him to factory to get spare key and his mates are still asleep in his room at 11.30 Saturday morning. He has done this numerous times of late, leave key at home when going out, and I am getting ******* sick of being woken up at 5am. **** this for a joke.

Told his mother to have a word with him about this, no point in me saying anything as I would just lose it and that would create more problems. FUBAR

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

The ******* sociopath who decided that I had to be taught a lesson for (debatably) running a red light on my bicycle this morning - by pulling in front of me and throwing his driver's door open.

I think I hate san francisco.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

These were added all over downtown Indy during the past couple of years. There is no way whatsoever I'd use them.

The one around Mass Ave area (at least within a few blocks of Chatham tap) seemed ideal. Pedestrian walkway, separated bike lane, the the car lanes.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I am still several years shy of turning 30, but yesterday I had my first all day hangover. *******. Terrible.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
The dog our family was trying to adopt from a shelter got snatched up an hour before we called to reserve it. ****, it was gorgeous.:(

Also, I just ate an assload of Oreos.

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I had planned to get up early, hit the farmer's market, and head to the lake. I went to bed at 10:30, excited about my Saturday, and ended waking up at 2AM with a raging fever, drenched in sweat, every joint aching. Tossed and turned all night, probably got 5 hours sleep total. I feel somewhat better but there's a lingering headache and lethargy that are keeping me on the couch.

:fu: :fu: :fu:

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I am still several years shy of turning 30, but yesterday I had my first all day hangover. *******. Terrible.

Son, I am disappoint. I didn't get of those until I was over 40.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
i got my first and last all day hangover at age 17. learned a valuable lesson.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went outside to cut some basil to add to breakfast, locked the door as I exited out of habit, now waiting on my wife to come home while eggs and cheese sit warming on the counter. And I'm very hungry after this morning's 10 mile run.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Went outside to cut some basil to add to breakfast, locked the door as I exited out of habit, now waiting on my wife to come home while eggs and cheese sit warming on the counter. And I'm very hungry after this morning's 10 mile run.

At least you locked yourself out with your phone. SF is here for you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads