• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The 2 guys standing outside the McGraw-Hill building this morning.

One had a sign that said something about Imus and his catch phrase I really didn't get.
The other had one that said "Get Stern Out" and was ranting about Howard Stern being a sexist and we must get sexism out of the media.

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
the continued exploitation of women by cartoon characters.

http://homepage3.nifty.com/tabii/newpage30.htm

http://homepage3.nifty.com/tabii/newpage33.htm

http://homepage3.nifty.com/tabii/newpage36.htm

http://homepage3.nifty.com/tabii/newpage29.htm

What the hell is this stuff?
plain.gif

JetBlast

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Appears to be some kind of nifty alien coding. Maybe that stuff we sent to Mars is finally coming back to us.

JB

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That I can't afford to take my wife to NYC for our first anniversary and stay in a swank hotel for less than ~$350/night. Anyone have miles they want to give me so we can have a nice trip? Sheesh. That money won't even get you a posh hotel, just a mediocre one.

b

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was driving home on the freeway tonight, through downtown. Freeway is a high-rise, about 10-15 stories high. I am in the exit lane, a semi truck is in front of me. He slams on the brakes and decides he doesn't want to get off there, and moves over. I go around him. Semi truck realizes he was in the right lane after all, and swerves back in (with me right next to him). I swerve to avoid getting side-swiped and hit some traffic barrels in the emergency shoulder of the ramp, nearly go over the edge.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't been able to sleep lately, and I've been having really bad nightmares. I chopped a talking raccoons head off last week.

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
That I can't afford to take my wife to NYC for our first anniversary and stay in a swank hotel for less than ~$350/night. Anyone have miles they want to give me so we can have a nice trip? Sheesh. That money won't even get you a posh hotel, just a mediocre one.

b

Would United do

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I noticed an odd shudder in my car a few days ago, so I took it to the mechanic. $600 later, it was back on the road and... The shudder is worse? I'm going to take it back in today once the shop opens. This significantly cuts into the already skimpy padding I had attempted to obtain in order to facilitate moving out of my current apartment, which needs to be done by 9/1. It's all really very humiliating, and sharing the fun online is probably ill-advised, but here we are.

Hopefully at some point today I'll be able to sell my bed, since I currently value $200 over "not sleeping on the floor."

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by California Dreamer
Would United do

That's very nice of you, but you don't have to do that. I'm just bitching.

There's also a problem of vacation time which my wife really doesn't have much of. Somehow in my 8 months here I've accumulated nearly twice what she has. That's thanks to a rate twice as high and two "time off awards" of 16 hours each.

We're in the process of finding a CC to use for all of our expenses that will earn us "points" or something.

b

amerikajinda

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chobochobo
What the hell is this stuff?
plain.gif

That is horny Japanese businessmen on a "business trip" to Thailand with their "GFEs" (Girl Friend Experiences, or "girlfriends of the day or week"). As we all know, the girls are all mere prostitutes paid for their services and the Japanese "salarymen" (at least the married ones) superimpose those cartoon faces over their own in case their wives or children or parents or someone they know happen to stumble across those sites, and dozens other like them. It pisses me off that this is such an engrained aspect of many Asian cultures that many Japanese wives will even pack condoms in their husbands' suitcases before they leave for "business trips" to Southeast Asia. Sure, they'll do a little business perhaps, play a little golf, eat some good food... but do they really need to brag about their abilities to rent dirty women? I know... I shouldn't get upset because I'm imposing my own morals on other cultures which don't share them, but still.... the objectification of women (prostitutes or not) by cartoon characters really pisses me off!

shiyugo1od7.jpg

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
That's very nice of you, but you don't have to do that. I'm just bitching.

There's also a problem of vacation time which my wife really doesn't have much of. Somehow in my 8 months here I've accumulated nearly twice what she has. That's thanks to a rate twice as high and two "time off awards" of 16 hours each.

We're in the process of finding a CC to use for all of our expenses that will earn us "points" or something.

b

That's OK. I have points left over from when I lived in the USA, and I can't figure out a way to use them here. I hope you end having a good holiday. Have you thought of CCing about 10 suits from STP and then sending them back? That ought to get you some points.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's OK. I have points left over from when I lived in the USA, and I can't figure out a way to use them here.

I hope you end having a good holiday.

Have you thought of CCing about 10 suits from STP and then sending them back? That ought to get you some points.

If you truly have no use for them and want to give them away, I will gladly take them. (And owe you big time.) But if you have potential future use for them you should keep them. Otherwise, I can PM you and we can talk.

Thanks.

bob

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bergdorf Goodwill
I noticed an odd shudder in my car a few days ago, so I took it to the mechanic. $600 later, it was back on the road and... The shudder is worse? I'm going to take it back in today once the shop opens. This significantly cuts into the already skimpy padding I had attempted to obtain in order to facilitate moving out of my current apartment, which needs to be done by 9/1. It's all really very humiliating, and sharing the fun online is probably ill-advised, but here we are.

We had something similar - it was the transmission. Took eight visits to the dealer to get it diagnosed and finally fixed. Hope yours is not a similar case. Good luck.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by amerikajinda
That is horny Japanese businessmen on a "business trip" to Thailand with their "GFEs" (Girl Friend Experiences, or "girlfriends of the day or week"). As we all know, the girls are all mere prostitutes paid for their services and the Japanese "salarymen" (at least the married ones) superimpose those cartoon faces over their own in case their wives or children or parents or someone they know happen to stumble across those sites, and dozens other like them. It pisses me off that this is such an engrained aspect of many Asian cultures that many Japanese wives will even pack condoms in their husbands' suitcases before they leave for "business trips" to Southeast Asia. Sure, they'll do a little business perhaps, play a little golf, eat some good food... but do they really need to brag about their abilities to rent dirty women? I know... I shouldn't get upset because I'm imposing my own morals on other cultures which don't share them, but still.... the objectification of women (prostitutes or not) by cartoon characters really pisses me off!

shiyugo1od7.jpg

Wouldnt' it make more sense just to not pose for photos with prostitutes (assuming for the sake of discussion that not hiring them at all is not on the table)? It seems like the guy with the cat head, for example, is probably pretty recognizable to someone who knows him and his wardrobe as well as his wife likely does.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
That's OK. I have points left over from when I lived in the USA, and I can't figure out a way to use them here.

I hope you end having a good holiday.

Have you thought of CCing about 10 suits from STP and then sending them back? That ought to get you some points.

I thought they had policies that prevented that kind of thing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads