• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Using Groupon discounts disqualifies you from having the ability to criticize those restaurants.

my cousin (who works at ScoutMOb) says business is great (with the groupon/scoutmob/amazon local) when signing up new clients, but its totally depressing when the reality hits of dealing with groupon customers and disgruntled business owners who signed on for it.

My cousin says the biggest problem is the way groupon/scoutmob/amazon local/ect customers interact with the business establishments participating. Its huge bummer for a restaurant to get a ****** review on yelp from a customer using a groupon discount. From there the restaurant people either have to suck up to groupon users (which opens a whole can of worms), or just give up using groupon.

the other side of the coin is when food servers think they deserve a bigger tip when they are serving groupon users :lol: :facepalm: (because of the discount) and it turns into a vicious cycle of ****** service on top of groupon customers who think they are doing a huge favor for trying out their establishment at a large discount.

my wife and I have actually have brought a groupon/scoutmob coupon to a restaurant, feel bad for the place and end up not using it. or arrive feel totally embarrassed (catholic asian shame) then not use the coupon. lol. its easier to use groupon when it comes to things like discounted gym/yoga sessions compared to restaurants.

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
My main, locally owned place has tried group ons. From all reports it tends to draw idiots, idiots that have never been there and never plan to return, idiots that are entitled and bad tippers. The owners POS software tracked group on returns for eight months and he found it was extremely low. Then he did a comparison of high group on traffic nights against regulars being there on the same night. Drives regulars away. Lastly he ran reports on ticket size and tip on normal nights vs. nights with high group on use. Yeah, ticket size was greatly reduced (which makes sense due to the nature of group ons) but they did not have a high level of additional appys and they do not tend to order much wine or cocktails either. Tips were abysmal.

So basically it's just cheap people treating his staff badly and driving away the regulars.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I know it is, they told me on the phone that the charge posted to which I reply "I know, I told you that". And every time I call to ask for the "assistant manager" they give me ****... it's probably just some dumbass pretending to be a manager. The first solution he proposed was going in, them giving me cash to cover it, then I give them cash back that they put on the card. What the **** are they talking about?!

No, call them again and tell them the police is the next call you make. Tell them you'll wait until the cashier is at the store and then have the police arrive there unless she is fired immediately.

I'm the last guy to call for heads rolling but this is an absolute firing offense. In fact, its a police report offense, let the police question her. She committed fraud.

You are all doing it wrong. The correct answer to unauthorized credit card charges is always to call your credit card company.
**** the grocery store, your CC company will take your money back from them.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You are all doing it wrong. The correct answer to unauthorized credit card charges is always to call your credit card company.
**** the grocery store, your CC company will take your money back from them.

This. Let the CC co handle it.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
My CC company told me it wasn't fraud because I initiated the authorization and that I should open a dispute based on not receiving any products. She seemed to think I would win the case and was in the right, but I was a bit taken aback that they don't consider this fraud.

js4design

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My CAD manager refuses to be anything but reactive, when just a bit of proactive work would vastly improve our operation. I received a new machine 2 weeks ago and had trouble printing a set of documents. He came by and fixed the problem, only to have the same thing happen this morning. When I had to call him over to fix it, he let me know "Oh yeah, your user profile changed with new machine. Everyone has had this problem when first printing." Then why not tell me that before I'm printing for a deadline meeting, if you know it is a problem, and fix it before it is an issue? :brick:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My CC company told me it wasn't fraud because I initiated the authorization and that I should open a dispute based on not receiving any products. She seemed to think I would win the case and was in the right, but I was a bit taken aback that they don't consider this fraud.

the CC company does not seem to be very helpful here. ime, if you pay for something, and dont get it, the CC company will work it out/credit you back and they will take care of the dispute. maybe i missed it, but did you say what CC company this is? either way, sorry about the whole situation, it sucks.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Next week that ***** will treat another customers like ****. Who cares, right?

Sure, it makes much more sense to act like a tough guy, pretend the police jump to your tune, and use the threat of attempting to initiate criminal proceedings to try to influence their employment practices (a tactic which arguably could subject you to liability in some states). :facepalm: No doubt this would lead them to recognize the reasonableness of his position and respond appropriately . . .

I'm sure the cops would be thrilled if he attempted to use them to manipulate someone in a civil dispute as well. If he can't convince his CC company he was defrauded, it's hard to imagine the police are going to see the situation as a priority.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Sure, it makes much more sense to act like a tough guy, pretend the police jump to your tune, and use the threat of attempting to initiate criminal proceedings to try to influence their employment practices (a tactic which arguably could subject you to liability in some states). :facepalm: No doubt this would lead them to recognize the reasonableness of his position and respond appropriately . . .

I'm sure the cops would be thrilled if he attempted to use them to manipulate someone in a civil dispute as well. If he can't convince his CC company he was defrauded, it's hard to imagine the police are going to see the situation as a priority.

FCM. :fistbump:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Thanks, I think?
(I'm partial to Fellowship of Christian Magicians.)

What does FCM stand for?
What does FCM mean?

We've found 27 definitions for FCM:Sort:popularA - ZCategory

FCM
Flow Cytometry
Medical » Human Genome

FCM
Futures Commission Merchant
Business » Stock Exchange

FCM
Fat Corrected Milk
Medical » Veterinary

FCM
First-Class Mail
Miscellaneous » USPS

FCM
Flashpoint Combat Missions
Miscellaneous » Gaming

FCM
Ferrocarriles Nacionales de Mexico
Regional » Railroads

FCM
Fracture Critical Member
Medical » Physiology

FCM
Futures Commissions Merchant
Business » Stock Exchange

FCM
Frequency Coefficient Matching
Academic & Science » Electronics

FCM
Facilities Cost Model

FCM
Franklin Telecommunications Corporation
Business » AMEX Symbols

FCM
Flashpoint Combat Mission
Governmental » Military

FCM
Fundamental Christian Ministry
Community » Religion

FCM
Fellowship of Christian Magicians
Business » Professional Organizations

FCM
First Credit Management
Business » Firms

FCM
Frequency Coefficient Matched

FCM
Family-Centered Meeting
Community

FCM
Futuros de Citricos y Mercaderias de Valencia
Business » General

FCM
Jlpak10.zip Forward CoMpression Binary patch file
Computing » File Extensions

FCM
Future Concept Machine
Miscellaneous » Science Fiction

FCM
Fort Cherry Militia
Miscellaneous » Hobbies

FCM
Filing, Cataloging, and Mailing
Miscellaneous » USPS

FCM
Fixed Coefficient Model
Miscellaneous » Unclassified

FCM
Foreign Consequence Management
Governmental » Military

FCM
Firmware Configuration Management
Computing » Software

Last edited:

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
In line at Walmart. ***** is on register. This will be fun.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Thanks, I think?
(I'm partial to Fellowship of Christian Magicians.)

What does FCM stand for?
What does FCM mean?

Well played...I think.

In case that was not an awesomely funny post, Fact Check Mafia is anyone that lets reality intercede with idfnl's pronouncements.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

:lol: I was just ranting dude, its safe to stop the fact checking. Anyway, see below. He's in line and can just punch her out. Looks sorted.

In line at Walmart. ***** is on register. This will be fun.

:lurk:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads