• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
it really cooled down over here too, it was 69 on South Beach last night. lots of eye candy came out for Ultra

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I finally reached the breaking point with my absurdly long (over 3 feet) car antenna. The rubber base came loose recently, so I had the antenna assembly bungee'd inside the trunk to prevent it from just toppling over. Problem was, the antenna was crooked and looked comical/ghetto. So I got a wrench, unscrewed the antenna, put it in a vice and hacksawed the thing down to about 13". Some Internet research revealed that this shouldn't have a noticeable effect on reception.

Topped the "new" antenna with a 1/8" vacuum cap and all is well. :slayer:

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I finally reached the breaking point with my absurdly long (over 3 feet) car antenna. The rubber base came loose recently, so I had the antenna assembly bungee'd inside the trunk to prevent it from just toppling over. Problem was, the antenna was crooked and looked comical/ghetto. So I got a wrench, unscrewed the antenna, put it in a vice and hacksawed the thing down to about 13". Some Internet research revealed that this shouldn't have a noticeable effect on reception.

Glad you got it fixed. Here is what I am visualizing:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^admit it... the antenna broke because of one of these:

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just became a victim of a multicar accident where the at-fault driver is an uninsured motorist.

In my roommates car.

Great.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Ridiculous. I was the last car to get hit and I was completely stopped so I'm the "least" fucked in this case.. But the lady who caused it all.. Uninsured and full of tears. She had the "I'm so fucked" look on her face. Kinda felt bad for her. Kind of. Until I saw she was driving an Acura. :confused:

Last edited:

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Ridiculous. I was the last car to get hit and I was completely stopped so I'm the "least" fucked in this case.. But the lady who caused it all.. Uninsured and full of tears. She had the "I'm so fucked" look on her face. Kinda felt bad for her. Kind of. Until I saw she was driving an Acura. :confused:
Sorry to hear this, and I hope the damage was minor. Being hit by an uninsured motorist makes the accident even worse. I got hit by one, and the guy who hit me declared bankruptcy to avoid any financial responsibility. I despise uninsured motorist.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damage isn't too, too bad, but still pretty significant. I just feel bad for my roommate cause his car has gone through hell recently (his fault though, lol) and this just happened.

It was a four-car accident. The lady in the yellow Jeep was exiting from the express way and I personally think she was probably going too fast, but I didn't see it or anything, so just speculating. While she was merging onto our road, the lady in the Acura got into the Jeep's lane and cut her off without signaling. The Jeep swerved to the right to avoid the Acura, and she spun around doing a 180. Her rear tire blew out and she hit the Toyota Celica. Then the Celica hit me.

It was quite the spectacle. People were rubbernecking like you wouldn't believe.

Edit: I don't know why this ******* forum software always rotates my **** 90 degrees. So damn annoying!

Last edited:

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Glad you were not hurt. Also, always carry uninsured motorist insurance!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads