• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My favorite mistake of this nature came here on SF, and I think it was in this thread.

Somebody, I can't remember who, used "little own." I had no idea what the poster was trying to say until Kwilk pointed out that they were messing up "let alone."

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
When I was growing up for a long time I didn't know what the point of elomeno was. Like in the alphabet song L, M, N, O. I didn't know I was supposed to be saying letters I just thought elomeno was some sort of bridge in the song.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

When I was growing up for a long time I didn't know what the point of elomeno was. Like in the alphabet song L, M, N, O. I didn't know I was supposed to be saying letters I just thought elomeno was some sort of bridge in the song.

I did that too.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I'm glad I'm not alone in this one. I also thought that a lesbian was a girl with blonde hair. I heard my mom call some woman a lesbian and she was blonde so somehow all blondes were lesbians. This got me into a bit of trouble when I got to high school.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

I'm glad I'm not alone in this one. I also thought that a lesbian was a girl with blonde hair. I heard my mom call some woman a lesbian and she was blonde so somehow all blondes were lesbians. This got me into a bit of trouble when I got to high school.

my "core" group of friends in high school was really diverse with all types of minority and religious stuff mixed in. Naturally, they ragged on each other for it, and I just took it as perfectly natural.

I still have to catch myself biting my tongue these days.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
There are so many things I want to say this day and age, but it seems like day after day people are more and more uptight, can't take jokes and "pretend" to be offended by things to try to appear higher class.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wtf is with this weather?

Today is supposed to have a high of 64...thursday is supposed to have a low of 7.

We aren't supposed to have 60 degree temperature swings in January!

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score

There are so many things I want to say this day and age, but it seems like day after day people are more and more uptight, can't take jokes and "pretend" to be offended by things to try to appear higher class.

I realized this past weekend that my new scale of how awesome a night I had is how much apologizing do I have to do the next day.

also, in my experience it's the people who are actually higher class that are the most ******* crazy when they get going.

Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more. The uptight, trying to be PC, offended at everything assholes are the ones with the biggest egos.

A Canuker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There isn't enough time in the day to be PC and offended by everything, if one wanted to list everything it would be a book larger than War and Peace. Hardly worth the effort, IMO.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I think he meant suave. As in Rico Suave.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

did you know Rico Suave was in Can't Buy Me Love?

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

disclaimer:

can't buy me love was way before my time, but since it was played 10x a week on HBO during the 90's I assumed it was an early 90's movie.

i'm pissed off at myself because my older brother and I can actually spew up whole lines/monologues from that movie verbatim. I wish I could do this with cooler 90's on HBO all the time during the 90's gems like goodfellas, wild at heart, or my personal favorite Zandelee. but it never stuck.

Last edited:

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I once heard a lecture/rant from a guy who was seriously pissed off at political correctness.

His main beef was essentially that you have no right to be offended on behalf of other people. If they are part of an ethnic group or have some disability or some preference they dislike you mocking then fair play. Do not mock them. Being offended because someone you know/have met could potentially be hurt by something? Not cool.

I'm not sure how far I agree with him, but I will usually pass a hurt-feeling through that logic gate before I get up on a high horse to complain about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads