• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

eeeek. I went through a binge of ordering OCBD shirts since my RL's are wearing out and I'm not anxious to pay RL prices for a staple garment. A shirt here, a couple of shirts there...and it turns out that there are three packages out for delivery to the house. I would have preferred that these be staggered rather than arrive en masse.

I'm ordering a couple of the new Everlane OCBDs to check them out. $55 each, free shipping with purchase of 2 or more items. Sweet deal.

I think having trick or treaters in your neighborhood is a wonderful sign of the vitality of your neighborhood. Even if I were old and crotchety like Piob, my cold heart would be warmed by a friendly child in a costume knocking on my door.

We're lucky to live in a neighborhood with kids and I really enjoy it.

Exactly. Sorry to hear about the tire!

I had a ******* great Halloween. Unlike Piob's ghetto, we gate off our streets to traffic for one evening per year and embrace the chaos of literally thousands of kids and parents descending upon us. I gave away 200 pieces of candy, one per child, in under an hour, and we live on the quieter end of the street. A neighbor down the street gave away 1500 pieces, again one per child, over the course of the evening.

I had some really great interactions with kids, parents, sexy moms and French people. I felt like an integral part of a true community, and while there were a couple of parents and teens with too much of an entitled attitude, they were a very small minority and were more than made up for by everybody else. When my wife got back from work we walked down the street, greeting friends and neighbors along the way, to our friend's annual open house. Since we moved last year (to the other end of a 5 block street, ha!), we haven't seen as much of our old neighbors as we'd like, so it was a great chance to catch up with old friends and make new ones. I discovered a mutual love of fireworks with an older psychotherapist / neighbor whom I'm never met previously, so I'm looking forward to good times in the future with my new friend!

Last edited:

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The only reasonable place to celebrate Halloween is at a strip club. It's truly the one night of the year that's definitely worth going.

Sadly, I could not last night as I had much drinking and work to get done.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

The only reasonable place to celebrate Halloween is at a strip club. It's truly the one night of the year that's definitely worth going.

Sadly, I could not last night as I had much drinking and work to get done.

I always knew there was a reason I liked you.

We went to a party down the street for a couple of hours. I'm not going to lie. I was looking at a slutty cop's boobies.

Edit: to make this pissed off: I did not get to touch said boobies and I was unable to stay out late and party due to work today. :(

Last edited:

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

eeeek. I went through a binge of ordering OCBD shirts since my RL's are wearing out and I'm not anxious to pay RL prices for a staple garment. A shirt here, a couple of shirts there...and it turns out that there are three packages out for delivery to the house. I would have preferred that these be staggered rather than arrive en masse.

try BB? also, Y U NO SHIP TO OFFICE?

---
forgot to mention in my morning whine post, i took a BB exchange package to the post office that according to BB was prepaid for and had a little bar code. but the fat **** at the post office refused to accept that it was prepaid, and made me pay for it. only 12 bucks, but still. the principle of the matter and what not. effing post office.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We went to a party down the street for a couple of hours. I'm not going to lie. I was looking at a slutty cop's boobies.
Edit: to make this pissed off: I did not get to touch said boobies and I was unable to stay out late and party due to work today. :(

who could blame you?

bummer. but thats the price of the married life. well worth it.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
I agree, but in a perfect world, boobies would have been touched!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
to that, there is no question. le sigh.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Crapitty crap crap! Crap! Officially announced today that my company, where I have worked for 15 years, will be folded into our parent company as of January 1 and then will cease to exist. Pretty certain my office will be closed. Wonder if I will still have a job?
Stress level just tripled.

****! Very sorry to hear this Alter. Hope it works out.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm really sad for the Breezy Point, Fort Tilden, Rockaway Parkway communities that got hit HARD by Sandy.

That area is a bit of an underutilized secret for NYC people, it has huge beaches, sand dunes, great biking, and a vibrant Italian American Community (lots of good eats) and only 30min away by car.

The week before the storm the wife and I took the puppy down there and before you know it the dog was going over and over those ******* 10 foot sand dunes.

8129684498_bd7808e6e5_c.jpg

8139045712_e9bc4d11ca_c.jpg

seeing those houses/buildings on fire on the TV from a hotel room in Connecticut was horrifying.

also the ******* lowlifes who have been masquerading around as electric company employees and robbing people in my area need to be hung from powerlines they pretend to fix.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

I'm ordering a couple of the new Everlane OCBDs to check them out. $55 each, free shipping with purchase of 2 or more items. Sweet deal.
Exactly. Sorry to hear about the tire!
I had a ******* great Halloween. Unlike Piob's ghetto, we gate off our streets to traffic for one evening per year and embrace the chaos of literally thousands of kids and parents descending upon us. I gave away 200 pieces of candy, one per child, in under an hour, and we live on the quieter end of the street. A neighbor down the street gave away 1500 pieces, again one per child, over the course of the evening.
I had some really great interactions with kids, parents, sexy moms and French people. I felt like an integral part of a true community, and while there were a couple of parents and teens with too much of an entitled attitude, they were a very small minority and were more than made up for by everybody else. When my wife got back from work we walked down the street, greeting friends and neighbors along the way, to our friend's annual open house. Since we moved last year (to the other end of a 5 block street, ha!), we haven't seen as much of our old neighbors as we'd like, so it was a great chance to catch up with old friends and make new ones. I discovered a mutual love of fireworks with an older psychotherapist / neighbor whom I'm never met previously, so I'm looking forward to good times in the future with my new friend!

That sounds like an awesome Halloween! One year, in the old neighborhood, we had a Halloween party the prior weekend for the Mrs. work-mates and had a lot of beer. Some was left over so we handed that out to parents on Halloween evening.

Also, let me know how you like the Everlane shirts, PLZ.

try BB? also, Y U NO SHIP TO OFFICE?
---
(...)

I last wore BB seriously in '96 or so. Then they shut down the store on McKinney where I knew a few of the reps by name. Then there was a dry spell where I had no more need for shirts, this might have been a decade or so - and around this time the only BB nearby was an outlet store in a big outlet mall. They opened a store in the Galleria but despite the grandeur it's still a ******* mall store. I'll hit up the Chanel boutique and NM, though, on the occasion I must be in the neighborhood.

As for BB OCBD, at the time - for some reason their OCBDs at the time were awfully thin and not well-tailored when compared to their pinpoint shirts, or the RL OCBDs. I just really disliked them. Wore two of them out, went to RL, and never looked back.

Oh, and I usually do ship to the office but decided not to for reasons I can't put my finger on. Oh, that's right - my last shipment of sparkly thong underwear arrived with the package torn. Can't trust the gorillas that handle the mail around my office.

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I agree, but in a perfect world, boobies would have been touched!

Come on, everybody knows that married people can't touch boobies and college graduates can't have their penises licked. Why do you think married college graduates are so unhappy?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Oh, and not for the first time I wish that we had Halloween dress-up more than just once a year. I rather like cleavage and buccaneer boots and lusty wenches and all that. I'd certainly be happier and we might finally be rid of that Gender Equality nonsense that keeps cropping up.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

As for BB OCBD, at the time - for some reason their OCBDs at the time were awfully thin and not well-tailored when compared to their pinpoint shirts, or the RL OCBDs. I just really disliked them. Wore two of them out, went to RL, and never looked back.
Oh, and I usually do ship to the office but decided not to for reasons I can't put my finger on. Oh, that's right - my last shipment of sparkly thong underwear arrived with the package torn. Can't trust the gorillas that handle the mail around my office.

I like the BB OCBDs I have. They are pretty nice and the slim fit is decent for me...would prefer a bit more taper (but the extra slim fit is actually less tapered since they tighten up the chest) but maybe it would work for you. Pretty sure the current slim cut is very different than anything they had when you were trying them.

Also the BB Black Fleece OCBD I have is awesome. The sizing is not quite right for me since they don't have length choices, but as a casual shirt, it is super well made and detailed.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The BB OCBD is one of their dwindling number of shirts still made in the USA. I have many of them and they are well made.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I walked the dog around 6 p.m. and was surprised at all the trick-or-treaters. Lots of folks and kids, but none at my house - we don't do Halloween.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads