• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

we've had fraud problems a half dozen times, never cost me a cent, BOA has been very good to us

I think I'm at three times with BoA now, they always notice within a couple purchases and I'm always made whole. Never actually had to pay anything, for that matter. Mildly annoying having my card get suspending and getting a new number, but big deal.

Last two were someone buying baby supplies and someone buying golf stuff.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've realized that 90% of the things that truly piss me off (as opposed to annoyances that I get over quickly) are people at work.

a colleague of mine asked me to create a performance measurement system that can tell her how she's doing against some key metrics. some of these have never been measured before so she's eager to see how she's doing. so I agree, and build her the system at considerable expense and opportunity cost. it's 3 months of work.

so we presented the first output of the system to her today and she flew off the handle because her performance was way shittier than what she expected to see. and now she feels embarrassed because the output is making her look bad. so naturally the whole meeting becomes an exercise in discrediting my team's work (in front of their faces, after theyve worked so hard to give her every little thing she wants). at the end of the meeting I lost my temper and said that we'll junk the whole thing and build her another system that only tells her what she wants to hear.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It sounds like she should just use it as an opportunity to do better. Perhaps some benchmarking should be done with other employees over time to see where reasonable goals should be. All of this providing the data and measurement and such is correct.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It sounds like she should just use it as an opportunity to do better. Perhaps some benchmarking should be done with other employees over time to see where reasonable goals should be. All of this providing the data and measurement and such is correct.

exactly!! the ******* metrics have never been measured before, so there is no baseline! all it is is an opportunity to see where we are and have the means to measure future improvement. it's hilarious because these are the very words she told me at the beginning of the project.

apparently she had this perception that they were doing much better and she got butthurt that she was wrong

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

[SIZE=10pt][COLOR=000000]The problem is, this is the second time in a month and a half. I've had the card cancelled twice. Either some waiter is ripping me off (We eat out weekly and prefer the same few places) or it is purely coincidental. If it is a waiter, it is an awful shame, because I was raised to be as kind as possible to waiters and to tip well.  I'm not a person of means, so this has completely cleaned me out and now I'm pretty much penniless.  [/COLOR][/SIZE]

File a police report. Now. Let the cops haul his ass in. A few months in federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison will be worth far more than your beating him senseless.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Girlfriend is out buying groceries and texting me to pick up stuff on the way home that they don't have at the one store she is at. Meanwhile the store I have to go to to get the stuff is on her way home anyway. Basically the place that has the few things she needs is way overpriced so she sends poor Booth to make the purchase! *****!

Louis XIV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe not date a hairdresser but a girl that charges her daddies credit card because he is even more well off than you are?

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm grounded this week at work. I tried to get two different people to go out for dinner tonight, dragged my staff out for a wet lunch and I get home now for the second straight night without anywhere to go. I feel like going bar hopping alone. There's only so much steaming, ironing and polishing to do.

death shot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^

It is moods like this that make me wish there were still video game arcades everywhere. I love arcades. I REALLY love 90's video games and arcade machines. I have this whole big plan that, when I buy my house, I'm going to have a large finished basement stylized after a 90's video game arcade and I'm going to fill it with said machines. I lurk ebay on the regular for machines but never buy them.

It pisses me off that arcades are dead. I understand why, but still.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It pisses me off that arcades are dead. I understand why, but still.

+1. i had so much fun as a teenager at the local arcade. long closed. :(

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What part of this don't you understand. I applied for the position I was not shortlisted for interview and I did not get the job. Why then are contacting me to tell me that you have not finalised the report?

I work in HR and normally we send candidates who do not progress to interview a Dear John letter explaining in the blandest generic terms possible thanks but no thanks.

Is it too much to ask that you do the same and stop send me emails and now after my reply you ring up to tell me that the panel has not finalised their report after conducting the interviews, do think I do not understand how the game is played? I have not gotten a position, what more do I need to know.

**** I hate public servants :cloud:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics