Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. romafan

romafan Senior member

i've never heard of or noticed it - is it on the north side of 14th near garden of eden / baked by melissa / acqua beauth bar? :confused:

2. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

Yes, north side close to 5th ave

3. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

sigh, I just broke my ironing board as well, noticed it was kaput when I went to iron a few shirts on Sunday. Well, I break out the file, epoxy, and a spring clamp and set it up to fix. aaaaand, no dice. I tried again later that day, just to yield - yet again - the same result. I may give it one more go but at this point I'm not optimistic. Anyone got a welding torch?

(BTW, I was just on Amazon and see boards upwards of $100. I never, ever would have seen that coming. I'm such a plebe)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

4. patrickBOOTH

I took an Ambien last night and noticed this morning that I ate an entire jar of peanut butter. Expensive peanut butter too. Not the weirdest thing I have done on that pill, but that is all the forum is getting.

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

Just once. It was to my bank card. Luckily BoA was very quick to remedy the situation.

6. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

text me moar weird ambien storiez.

7. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

I have my Father's ironing board, which I suspect was actually my Grandmother's ironing board. It's probably 50+ years old and is made of steel and it weighs 40 pounds. It is indestructible. Unfortunately it has no manufacturer's mark so I can't tell you who made it.

8. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I keep getting stuck with extra assignments when I'm already overloaded. I lecture full-time, contractually I cannot teach more than 18 hours of class per week. They are asking me to teach 22, including 4 hours on bloody Saturday morning, and I'm the only one who can teach those subjects. It's their fault we're understaffed because they fucked up on the hiring process and ended up getting none of the people I interviewed and recommended because they took too fucking long. Now in addition to managing the dept and teaching overtime, today at a meeting (1 of 4, totaling 6 hours of meetings today):

Registrar: Should we assess students' English coming into the college? We're thinking about next week.

Me: Assessment is good, but it's only worth it if we start streaming them based on their assessment results. Assessment is complex, we need to design a reliable test, and then make sure it's graded objectively. Who writes it? Who grades it? Since we aren't streaming yet, I think we should hold off until next year and start assessment and streaming at the same time, because honestly I'm overworked and I don't have time to take on something this big for all the students so soon with only 1 weeks notice.

Marketing: If we start assessing now, then the sooner we can assess them on graduation and advertise that they improve their scores x amount after studying their degree here.

President: Yes, let's do the assessment. Eason, we'll leave all the preparation and execution details of the exam up to you.

Me: [​IMG]

9. in stitches

:fu: ^^ that SUCKS ^^

also, i thought my boss was leaving for the day. turns out he is not. bummer.

10. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Take your RAEG to the gym and squat the entire department.

Also - make the assessment an oral exam and see how well they get innuendo. Videotape the results. Could be a boon to marketing, or perhaps recruiting.

pobrecito. your boss is hanging around today. :violin:

11. death shot

death shot Senior member

This fucking lowlife has cleaned me out. I called the bank and I've had to deal with a bunch of BS on their end. I called the merchant and the girl accidently let his address slip. I googled it, looked at the street view, and right outside of his house he has some stupid, gross, trashy woman sitting in her pajamas smoking a cigarette. This piece of shit is from Baltimore, my home city. I know exactly where he lives. He lives in a shithole called Druid Hill.

It is going to take everything in my power not to roll by and beat this guy to death.

12. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

every time I pass this store, I immediately get Sir Psycho Sexy stuck in my head.

13. patrickBOOTH

How about I text you while on ambien. Ever better.

Well fuck you.

Roma has mentioned many places in the past on University and such that I have never heard of or noticed until he has mentioned them. Strange.

14. gomestar

gomestar Super Yelper

i used to be down to that area a lot more when the gf was working in the area. Good times.

I'll be there tomorrow for an event with Manton. We're VIP's too, so we're extra cool.

15. in stitches

INORITE!

:bounce2: