1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Bhowie

Bhowie Senior member

Last Friday I found out that I have this genetic disorder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-B27 . If you don't feel like clicking the wiki article here is what it causes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uveitis
    Uveitis is estimated to be responsible for approximately 10% of the blindness in the United States.
    This was the most painful experience of mt life hands down. So if untreated Uvetis can cause cataracts and glaucoma ironically the treatments can also cause the same problems.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis
    My spine could eventually fuse itself together. This explains the undiagnosed back pain which I've suffered from for 6 years. Keep in mind I'm 22 and this started my sophomore year in high school. Sometimes the pain was so unbearable I could not walk. I had, MRI's, CAT, and a bone density scan and they could not diagnose me with a cause. The doc's just chalked it up to me doing something silly.
    There are a few other things caused by the disorder, don't feel like listing them. This problem will never go away. The strange thing is that none of this really bothers me. I'm very glad to have answers to some chronic problems that I have had.

2. JetBlast

JetBlast Senior member

^ Best of luck to you bhowie.

3. Lady Canuker

Lady Canuker Senior member

Tension/stress headache and too many things on my mind that I really don't want to think about.

4. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

Last Friday I found out that I have this genetic disorder: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HLA-B27 . If you don't feel like clicking the wiki article here is what it causes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uveitis
    Uveitis is estimated to be responsible for approximately 10% of the blindness in the United States.
    This was the most painful experience of mt life hands down. So if untreated Uvetis can cause cataracts and glaucoma ironically the treatments can also cause the same problems.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ankylosing_spondylitis
    My spine could eventually fuse itself together. This explains the undiagnosed back pain which I've suffered from for 6 years. Keep in mind I'm 22 and this started my sophomore year in high school. Sometimes the pain was so unbearable I could not walk. I had, MRI's, CAT, and a bone density scan and they could not diagnose me with a cause. The doc's just chalked it up to me doing something silly.
    There are a few other things caused by the disorder, don't feel like listing them. This problem will never go away. The strange thing is that none of this really bothers me. I'm very glad to have answers to some chronic problems that I have had.

All the best to you...

5. EL72

EL72 Senior member

Dumbass, lazy, whiny students who want a better grade because they claim they studied hard and expected they would do better. That's not how it works! [​IMG]

6. Spatlese

Spatlese Senior member

Dumbass, lazy, whiny students who want a better grade because they claim they studied hard and expected they would do better. That's not how it works! [​IMG]

LOL

7. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

But I pulled an all-nighter!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    The fucking blizzard has blown snowdrifts higher than the windows in my bedrooms and living room! I am starting to get that closed-in feeling. I cannot see out any of the windows on the south side of my apartment. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

9. GQgeek

GQgeek Senior member

Yeah. I can totally understand that. When I do poorly in something I know it's because i didn't study. It always surprises me when I see people trying to get the prof to give them a higher grade. Were I the prof, i'd bitch slap them for being so stupid and thinking that would work. Then I would take their papers back and mark the grade down for wasting my time. Unless it was a hot chick, and she asked really nicely(meaning felatio), of course.

10. Connemara

Connemara Senior member

The forecast last night said it would be around 60F today. So this morning I don my tee and my sweatshirt and head out the door. It is not 60 degrees. The bus was pulling up to my stop so I didn't have time to go grab a jacket. Checked the forecast and the high is now like 45. WTF? [​IMG]

11. RedLantern

RedLantern Senior member

Not getting the call-back interview.

12. visionology

visionology Senior member

I fucking hate religion. Long rant sorry.

Meet my girl of 4 years at Panera today because she wants to "talk". Basically gives me an ultimatum that I follow her "path of god" or we break up. I just ordered an engagement ring this afternoon before I met with her.

To make matters worse my family is filled with ultra religious people including 3 pastors so I get the "we're all praying for you" bullshit. Religious people are funny because when they pray for something and it happens it's a miracle halelujiah yet when they pray and something bad happens it's an act of god. You can't win, they have an excuse for everything. I try to ask if prayer works then why do millions of people die from disease and starvation a day and the answer is always, it's gods will and there is a higher purpose... Uh huh.

No matter how much I try to explain that I believe in god, but I just don't believe in the bible and that its just a book like a book from every other religion she does't get it. What is wrong with beliving in a creator of the universe and not following the bible? I believe in science and that the bible can be a decent guide on how to live your life but to take the accounts in it as a history book is just crazy. She actually believes that adam and eve were just instantly created on the Earth...

The other think that drives me up the wall is the church. She is in one of those no name churches (which is fine) except shes already been through 2 of them, one of which turned out to be a borderline cult with the followers threatening to revoke her baptism because she drove in a car with me to Georgia... Yeah that has a lot to do with god.

13. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Senior member

Damn, shitty situation. Religion sucks dude. [​IMG]

14. visionology

You're telling me. I don't know why religious people can't just mind their own rather than making other people conform to what they believe. I have no problem with her beliefs and I've told her that many times, just let me believe what I want to believe.

15. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Try zen...no rules...no God...

16. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

sorry - you really have to give her an ultimatum of your own. before you can get married, she has to find peace with the fact that you will have seperate religious lives. if you guys can't get to that point, if you marry her your lives will be misrable.

good luck

Meet my girl of 4 years at Panera today because she wants to "talk". Basically gives me an ultimatum that I follow her "path of god" or we break up. I just ordered an engagement ring this afternoon before I met with her.

To make matters worse my family is filled with ultra religious people including 3 pastors so I get the "we're all praying for you" bullshit. Religious people are funny because when they pray for something and it happens it's a miracle halelujiah yet when they pray and something bad happens it's an act of god. You can't win, they have an excuse for everything. I try to ask if prayer works then why do millions of people die from disease and starvation a day and the answer is always, it's gods will and there is a higher purpose... Uh huh.

No matter how much I try to explain that I believe in god, but I just don't believe in the bible and that its just a book like a book from every other religion she does't get it. What is wrong with beliving in a creator of the universe and not following the bible? I believe in science and that the bible can be a decent guide on how to live your life but to take the accounts in it as a history book is just crazy. She actually believes that adam and eve were just instantly created on the Earth...

The other think that drives me up the wall is the church. She is in one of those no name churches (which is fine) except shes already been through 2 of them, one of which turned out to be a borderline cult with the followers threatening to revoke her baptism because she drove in a car with me to Georgia... Yeah that has a lot to do with god.

17. globetrotter

pissed at myself - working on a long flight yesterday I wrote about 40 emails. one of them I basically forwarded some stuff to a distributor, with my own email on the top. checked into the hotel and off everything went.

my boss emailed me - turns out that I sent off some "internal discussions" about the distributor on this email. nothing too horrible, just both my boss and I commenting on how emotional he was and how we need to see if we can work with his daughter to get him to comply better with our requirments. but it is going to piss him off is he reads it and there is a chance he will shoot off an email to my CEO to complain about both my boss and myself.

first time I've done something like that in about 20 years.

18. visionology

sorry - you really have to give her an ultimatum of your own. before you can get married, she has to find peace with the fact that you will have seperate religious lives. if you guys can't get to that point, if you marry her your lives will be misrable.

good luck

Thanks. I pretty much know where that ultimatum has gone. She's already stated that god is first in her life above everything. It just drives me crazy that I've spent 3 years of my life in this relationship, we planned marriage kids, buying a house, etc and then it comes down to this? A silly ultimatum over religion? I really wanted to blow up but we were in Panera, great choice of a place for a ultimatum talk...

Being single again I am just not prepared for at this point, I was finally happy to settle down and relax. Oh well now I have to figure out what to do.

pissed at myself - working on a long flight yesterday I wrote about 40 emails. one of them I basically forwarded some stuff to a distributor, with my own email on the top. checked into the hotel and off everything went.

my boss emailed me - turns out that I sent off some "internal discussions" about the distributor on this email. nothing too horrible, just both my boss and I commenting on how emotional he was and how we need to see if we can work with his daughter to get him to comply better with our requirments. but it is going to piss him off is he reads it and there is a chance he will shoot off an email to my CEO to complain about both my boss and myself.

first time I've done something like that in about 20 years.

I've done this before too but not with anyone that mattered to a C level. Reminds me of that CNN news reporter who left her mic on in the bathroom and talked smack about her husband on live air.

19. uhurit

uhurit Senior member

Damn snow+frigid temps+the flu germs that seem impervious to cold weather

20. globetrotter

Thanks. I pretty much know where that ultimatum has gone. She's already stated that god is first in her life above everything. It just drives me crazy that I've spent 3 years of my life in this relationship, we planned marriage kids, buying a house, etc and then it comes down to this? A silly ultimatum over religion? I really wanted to blow up but we were in Panera, great choice of a place for a ultimatum talk...

Being single again I am just not prepared for at this point, I was finally happy to settle down and relax. Oh well now I have to figure out what to do.

I once dated this very very hot woman. probrably the hottest, or maybe the second hottest woman I have ever dated. not the nicest, or smartest, but hottest.

anyway, she was pretty religious, and I slowly got myself to agree to live the type of religious life style she wanted, even though it really wasn't what I wanted. then she broke up with me, and it really pissed me off. now, 12 years later, I can't tell you how happy I am about it. my wife and I are in agreement on every major life issue, without really having to negotiate them.

good luck