• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Unfortunately, I'm not optimistic it's going to get better.

I agree. It's really confusing, too, because these guys should be firing on all cylinders by now. Peyton has been so-so, Freeney hasn't made any impacts when he's actually played, and Bob hasn't done crap.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
God damn it. All the DT's postings have been to the NSFW lesbian pictures thread. Of course I'm at work, not that you'd know it from the CE posts I've been making.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
God damn it. All the DT's postings have been to the NSFW lesbian pictures thread. Of course I'm at work, not that you'd know it from the CE posts I've been making.

Quit yer bitchin'.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My father is like a bitchy woman sometimes. I spent $300 on his bday present and he basically spit on it saying only "I don't want that." I should have bought him a bottle of scotch like I usually do.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
My father is like a bitchy woman sometimes. I spent $300 on his bday present and he basically spit on it saying only "I don't want that." I should have bought him a bottle of scotch like I usually do.

You bought him an expensive set of knives, knowing that he had no interest in owning nice knives. You admittedly were happy about buying them so YOU could use them. And you're surprised he didn't like it? Granted, it sounds like he reacted in a rude way, which i suncalled for, but still.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Giving knives as gifts in South East Asian cultures is a bad idea. Filled with mystically negative implications. A bad omen.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You bought him an expensive set of knives, knowing that he had no interest in owning nice knives. You admittedly were happy about buying them so YOU could use them. And you're surprised he didn't like it? Granted, it sounds like he reacted in a rude way, which i suncalled for, but still.

No, I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't think he wanted them. The fact that I am there for the next few months is beside the point imo. They will stay with him when I am long gone. I have my own knives. I actually thought of buying him the knives long before I ever thought of moving in because he was over at my place and commented on how nice my Shuns were when he used them, and that he should get some good knives (his are so dull i can't even cut an onion properly). I knew he'd never spend that much on a knife because he's cheap that way, even though he does appreciate quality (he's stuck with 2 mortgages + alimony). So I basically had them picked out as a bday present a year ago.

RJmanbearpig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
No, I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't think he wanted them. The fact that I am there for the next few months is beside the point imo. They will stay with him when I am long gone. I have my own knives. I actually thought of buying him the knives long before I ever thought of moving in because he was over at my place and commented on how nice my Shuns were when he used them, and that he should get some good knives (his are so dull i can't even cut an onion properly). I knew he'd never spend that much on a knife because he's cheap that way, even though he does appreciate quality (he's stuck with 2 mortgages + alimony). So I basically had them picked out as a bday present a year ago.
You should have just gotten him that nice book of Paul Bowles stories instead.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Someone stole the pumpkin I had outside my house.

Originally Posted by kwilkinson
You bought him an expensive set of knives, knowing that he had no interest in owning nice knives. You admittedly were happy about buying them so YOU could use them. And you're surprised he didn't like it?
Like when Homer bought Marge a bowling ball for her birthday.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Last night - laying new floor in the bedroom (NOT a eupehmism). Ran out of boards, only have maybe 3 square feet to go - most of it a narrow sliver along the wall. Only available in 20-sq.ft packs.
frown.gif

eh. Morning's going poorly this far. Woke up at 3, couldn't get back to sleep. did laundry for a while, watched some news, ran a few miles. Somehow got behind schedule (despite the EARLY start), had to hurry on the shave and I cut myself four times, each time on the chin. Each cut's a bleeder. Looks like a mini pepperoni-covered chin right now.
frown.gif

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My absolute go-to shoes are a pair of super-comfy suede bally loafers - and they have suddenly started giving me a nasty blister on my left pinky toe.
plain.gif

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
f#ck, totalling 4,5 hours in traffic jams today...Need to find a way to let of steam..

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads