• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

a

Reaction score
Yapping dogs and barking kids. Must be the heat. No, they just do it.

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Renting a studio/apartment in Maastricht is so ******* difficult. :( Even more so as a non-local and male. I just hope I find something asap..

Last edited:

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wife bought a $2,650 leather jacket that is made in Turkey. I was like, really, and she got all down on me. Oh well!

That does include the trip to turkey to have it custom made, though, right?

Well, the important thing is that she is happy

topcatny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My new boss is a huge tool. He is very unprepared for this position and thinks they way he is going to accomplish things is to have meetings, lots and lots of meetings, so we can all "communicate". He set up a special one-on-one meeting with me yesterday to solicit my help and encourage me to proactively join in other departments meetings so I can share my experience. I told him I will join meetings when it is appropriate but otherwise I would rather work on getting things done, a concept he is completely unfamiliar with. He feels it is always someone else's job to actually do the work.

I can't get out of this job fast enough. I have an internal interview next week that I need to prepare a presentation for and I am waiting to hear on a position with another company. I went through 4 rounds of interviews, including the CEO and they asked for references etc. so it looks promising but things have a way of not happening at the last minute.

At least I still have a job, it could be worse, a lot worse.

Last edited:

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

trying to set up a small get-together... and then having people invite friends of friends...
what the **** people i'm not going to book another 2 cabins for you and your butt buddies just because you don't have the balls to say "no you can't come"... :fu:

You could grow a pair and ask your friends where these add-ons intend to stay and what they intend to consume.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

My new boss is a huge tool. He is very unprepared for this position and thinks they way he is going to accomplish things is to have meetings, lots and lots of meetings, so we can all "communicate". He set up a special one-on-one meeting with me yesterday to solicit my help and encourage me to proactively join in other departments meetings so I can share my experience. I told him I will join meetings when it is appropriate but otherwise I would rather work on getting things done, a concept he is completely unfamiliar with. He feels it is always someone else's job to actually do the work.
I can't get out of this job fast enough. I have an internal interview next week that I need to prepare a presentation for and I am waiting to hear on a position with another company. I went through 4 rounds of interviews, including the CEO and they asked for references etc. so it looks promising but things have a way of not happening at the last minute.
At least I still have a job, it could be worse, a lot worse.

Good luck getting the new gig.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@ topcat - sorry, man, that is the pits. i hope you get the new gig.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Renting a studio/apartment in Maastricht is so ******* difficult. :( Even more so as a non-local and male. I just hope I find something asap..

Wait... what?

BrunoB

Reaction score
Well what pisses me off? Many things to be honest, being on the plane with pseudo-anti-capitalists who begin complaining about convenience consumption while actually using a cheap air line service offering convenience food to them.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Wrong phrasing? It's difficult to get the contract when you are no local. It's also not helping to be male because landlords prefer female tenants by far.

Ah. I could have easily imagined some Dutch regulation making it harder for non-Dutch men to get flats.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wrong phrasing? It's difficult to get the contract when you are no local. It's also not helping to be male because landlords prefer female tenants by far.

cuz they are pervs or cuz women are less likely to cause damages?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
cool luck top cat

b1os

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

cuz they are pervs or cuz women are less likely to cause damages?

Both, I suppose.
It's just so damn annoying. And time consuming (like one whole day to get there, have one or two viewings and then return).

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads