• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

lasbar

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just curious, what did your wife say to this *****? I had a bit of a problem with a worker at Dunkin Donuts... My mother shops there 2-3 times a day and spends roughly $650 a month according to my AMEX. The girl had the nerve to tell us we are disrespecting her and the customers by bring our 5 pound Chinese Crest through the drive through... She barks, wags her tail, spins but most the workers talk to her and give her treats (customers always talk with her and laugh). But not this *****... I was so pissed, I went home made copies of my statements, blacked out everything but Dunking Donuts. I went into the store the next day and told the manager exactly what had happen. The manager was extremely pissed and asked if I would fill out some forms. Later on mom and I came back the girl was very apologetic... A week later she got fired, apparently she pissed off to many customers.

$650 a month at Dunking Donuts???:uhoh:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just curious, what did your wife say to this *****?

well I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I was sucking up to the adoption agency girl during her home visit, and she started talking about her future plans for graduate school ect. then the girl started being a little preachy about how families end up not being able to afford dogs they adopt, she then started nitpicking our condo's location (which is 500 feet away from a dog friendly park) and how a closed fenced yard would be ideal.

my wife got kind of irked and asked how many people that adopt from a NYC shelter have closed in fenced yards, and the bickering escalated. the wife asked seriously where the girl lived (tiny apartment with 2 dogs), how much money does she make, and then started really turning the screw when the girl went from preachy to stuttering.

it was pretty damn obvious that we had the means to have a dog, our condo was a condo so there's no yard, and we had a vet referral and dog training classes set up.

I got to admit the girl held her composure after the dressing down, but I figure she must of went back the shelter and cried about what happened.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

KurtS90

Reaction score
Step #1 to getting your savings back up? Stop letting her spend $650 am month at Dunkin Donuts on your AMEX!

She gives me the cash and I get free points... That I exchange for gift certificates to stores I shop at. So in the end it does not cost me anything. This site gives me other people to talk with out side of my apartment building for the time being and getting tips on how to dress in a suit for interviews. Plus kept me from blowing my savings on a stupid car... At the time I make some money on the Internet, enough to pay my bills, $50 for fun money, and about $175 a month in the savings... I think from time to time moving back with my mother was a mistake, we don't and never had got along to well. She is even worse with her tumor and her on/off marriage. But that's just motivation to take a few months and get my ducks lined up.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Last edited:

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

She gives me the cash and I get free points... That I exchange for gift certificates to stores I shop at. So in the end it does not cost me anything. This site gives me other people to talk with out side of my apartment building for the time being and getting tips on how to dress in a suit for interviews. Plus kept me from blowing my savings on a stupid car... At the time I make some money on the Internet, enough to pay my bills, $50 for fun money, and about $175 a month in the savings... I think from time to time moving back with my mother was a mistake, we don't and never had got along to well. She is even worse with her tumor and her on/off marriage. But that's just motivation to take a few months and get my ducks lined up.

She sounds crazy.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:rotflmao:
Seriously though, that's tough when you've already made the emotional and financial investment and then the rug gets pulled out from under you. You'll be getting a dog one way or the other though, right Lawrence?

yeah, it would be nice to adopt (because having an young/adult dog would be nice), but i'm turned off by this whole mess.

Money better spent on Tim Hortons.

I remember eating at Tim Hortons on Rue Sherbrooke (in front of McGill) when the wife and I visited Montreal last summer. I don't particularly remember if what I ate was good, but I remember seeing tons of hot womenz walking around - it was a Sunday Morning but they all seemed about to go to a yoga class. even my wife commented on how many hot women were lurking that morning.

KurtS90

Reaction score
$650 a month at Dunking Donuts???
uhoh.gif

She drinks a medium Cappuccino Blast 2-3 times a day... I try to convince her to slow down and maybe buy 1 a day, then slow it down to maybe 2-3 a week. She needs a new car, her current car has way to many problems (but she only believes in oil changes). I showed her what she pays and how much her dream car (370z) could cost a month. If she does not care, then either do I. I just wish she would not give wimp cream to the dog and let it **** all over the apartment...

well I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I was sucking up to the adoption agency girl during her home visit, and she started talking about her future plans for graduate school ect. then the girl started being a little preachy about how families end up not being able to afford dogs they adopt, she then started nitpicking our condo's location (which is 500 feet away from a dog friendly park) and how a closed fenced yard would be ideal.
my wife got kind of irked and asked how many people that adopt from a NYC shelter have closed in fenced yards, and the bickering escalated. the wife asked seriously where the girl lived (tiny apartment with 2 dogs), how much money does she make, and then started really turning the screw when the girl went from preachy to stuttering.
it was pretty damn obvious that we had the means to have a dog, our condo was a condo so there's no yard, and we had a vet referral and dog training classes set up.
I got to admit the girl held her composure after the dressing down, but I figure she must of went back the shelter and cried about what happened.
Wow, seems like shes on a power trip with what little power she has... From a few of your post I read your a doctor and you own a condo in NYC. I would bet what little money I have you can afford to take care of a dog. I could see her concern if the the dog park was miles away, but not 500 feet. She has nothing to worry about.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I remember eating at Tim Hortons on Rue Sherbrooke (in front of McGill) when the wife and I visited Montreal last summer. I don't particularly remember if what I ate was good, but I remember seeing tons of hot womenz walking around - it was a Sunday Morning but they all seemed about to go to a yoga class. even my wife commented on how many hot women were lurking that morning.

It's like Candy Land for **********.

Find Finn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

hmm... maybe I should visit canada. :D

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics