• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand how the game is played. And I always play the game accordingly: I was nice and smiled and really acted interested in the early 20 something neck tattooed female's career ambitions (something about grad school or art school).
My wife wasn't having any of it though and started being really dismissive (which is bad because she's the superduper dog lover), it was fun to watch the wife viciously dressing down someone (deserving of a vicious dress down).
But I realized that I may have to start looking at breeders for puppies after you could see neck tattooed female's hurt feelings.

lawlz. your wife layed down the LAW.

Last edited:

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lawlz. your wife layed down the LAW.

Kinda, she might be doing the fucked up female logic thing: being a ***** one min, then make a heartfelt phonecall, and maybe some flowers with a note to said adoption person.

its :facepalm: how many females respond to grand gestures like that.

the best part is if I even hint at my wife making this play, she'll bite my head off and claim I'm a huge asshole for even thinking that.

Last edited:

Fang66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kinda, she might be doing the fucked up female logic thing: being a ***** one min, then make a heartfelt phonecall, and maybe some flowers with a note to said adoption person.
its :facepalm: how many females respond to grand gestures like that.
the best part is if I even hint at my wife making this play, she'll bite my head off and claim I'm a huge asshole for even thinking that.

wimmenz be crazy yo. fa sho.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

Trying to pass someone to get to my exit and they keep speeding up. Apparently they thought I wanted to race? ******* assholes.

While this is annoying I have found the ultimate ploy to thwart it. Hit the brakes and get in behind them.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

this ******* dog adoption thing is basically you impressing the person in charge of the dog.
here's an actual quote I had to endure:
"what we're looking for is not a dog owner, but a dog lover" :facepalm:
I'm already looking at breeders in the area (Staten Island looks have made dog breeding a cottage industry). It would be great to adopt, but its looking like too much of a hassle.

I heard about a greyhound adoption agency that won't adopt out their dogs to anyone that doesn't already own a greyhound. How the hell is anyone ever supposed to get one if everybody did that? I mean, I vaguely understand the logic of these dog-crazies, they don't want to place a dog with a family that ends up giving it back, but you need to take some level of risk or you're hurting your own cause. Being sanctimonious and having absurd standards is shooting themselves in the foot, making people who really want to adopt go to breeders is just stupid.

Among other stupid demands from adoption agencies:
We want to have someone who stays home with the dog all the time.
Your kids were exhibiting dominance by waving a stick at the dog during the test play time and we're worried it might have been threatened so no dog for you.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A dialogue with my cat:

Genevieve: Looks like you scraped the cheese off your pizza again why'd you do such a thing as that?
Me: Because I can't digest dairy well. My stomach becomes upset if I eat it.
Genevieve: That's funny I can't digest dairy either ain't make no difference to me I just drag that cheese from out of the garbage and eat it up irregardless.
Me: That's going to cause you to have a stomach ache. You shouldn't do that.
Genevieve: Naw man ain't no problem I feel bad for a spell but then I just poop that dairy out right onto the floor and I feel like a million bucks again.
Me: Oh, ok.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

A dialogue with my cat:
Genevieve: Looks like you scraped the cheese off your pizza again why'd you do such a thing as that?
Me: Because I can't digest dairy well. My stomach becomes upset if I eat it.
Genevieve: That's funny I can't digest dairy either ain't make no difference to me I just drag that cheese from out of the garbage and eat it up irregardless.
Me: That's going to cause you to have a stomach ache. You shouldn't do that.
Genevieve: Naw man ain't no problem I feel bad for a spell but then I just poop that dairy out right onto the floor and I feel like a million bucks again.
Me: Oh, ok.

See people? How can you not fill with happiness and wonder when reading this? :confused:

Liam O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
See people? How can you not fill with happiness and wonder when reading this?
confused.gif

By being me. Last time I felt happiness and wonder at the same time was the first time I saw boobs after puberty. Happiness was overrated and wonder seems protestant.

Though that orange E Marinella scarf on eBay this morning got pretty close.

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ quirky film director...

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It's finals week, so I've been giving lots of exams. Sometimes students come up to me and ask me questions about the questions. They don't want to disturb the other students, and so they put their faces too close to my face when they talk. The breath of these students is often bad. Because they talk softly, I don't hear them and they have to repeat their questions. Needless to say, their breath hasn't improved in the intervening three seconds.
Offer them a mint, maybe they'll get the message.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads