Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. patrickBOOTH

patrickBOOTH Senior member Dubiously Honored

I have said this before, but I hate people in the office who don't silence their personal cell phones. They are assholes.

2. Fang66

Fang66 Senior member

Do you prefer white caulk or black caulk and how about stiffness do you like a really stiff caulk?

3. zissou

zissou Senior member

Ah. I would wait a few days for it to fully dry. It shrinks a bit when it dries, and some of the imperfections disappear. It's really easy to clean it up with water when it's wet.

4. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

This is why I do the cross-fit workouts in my regular gym. No annoying cross-fit people to deal with yet I get the work outs in (90% of them at least, no rings).

5. patrickBOOTH

Come on, this is SF we don't take kindly to black. Also, stiffness adds to drape.

It is an issue though, the tub area and the sink. It has to get constantly wet because of where it is. I don't want to shower out of a bucket for a few days.

6. zissou

zissou Senior member

I just mean that, if you can't clean up the caulk when it's still wet, wait a few days before taking a razor blade to it. Should be fine to use the shower.

7. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Agree there. I started training to do the MS 150 years ago, went on a big group ride and hated every second of it. Every second. Came home and hung up the bike forever.

8. Liam O

Liam O Senior member

Neck is now feeling 200% worse, and I'm meant to be working at the forge tonight. I need to get this project finished.

9. hobo style

hobo style Well-Known Member

I hate the clipboard people -- the ones that stand in pairs on the sidewalk and pounce on every passerby with a pitch for whatever charity it is they work for. Well, I don't actually hate the workers; I hate the method of fundraising. It is violative in that it preys on our human instinct to give attention to someone who approaches us in a friendly manner. I feel guilt when I ignore and walk past a seemingly friendly person who is trying to talk to me, and I don't like to feel that way. The effect is that it hardens me towards other human beings, which is a negative outcome for a charitable initiative, I would think.

tldr; some charities are run by assholes

10. patrickBOOTH

Yes, yes, yes. They pray on guilt. I am an asshole though so I enjoy telling them no. Walk past them, don't acknowledge them, what they are doing is tricking people. Giving money to a charity because your intentions are pure is different than not being able to stand your ground if you don't want to actually give to the charity. Does money still reach them? Sure, maybe, but you will be personally ruined. Shame on you.

11. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Senior member

Just tell them you already give to their particular charity. They're happy you give already (not) and you're happy you don't have to feel bad by ignoring them or have to put up with their jibber jabber on donating.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012

12. patrickBOOTH

Nope they try and get you for more. They just always come up to me with some "clever" :rolleyes: remark about my clothing. I smile say thank you and keep walking. There was one time this girl kept following me and I turned around and I said, "Fuck those children, how about that?" She looked horrified.

Yes, I did donate to the Ronald McDonald House thank you very much.

13. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

There used to be a particular charity (I don't recall the name) that use to prey on people near Wall St. The recruits were all young men and woman who would give you an unusual big smile and even hug you just to get you to stop and listen to them. I was nauseous from their methods.

14. hobo style

hobo style Well-Known Member

Oh, don't get me wrong -- I ignore the fuck out of them, even if it pains me a little bit. I already have my charities and I donate to them through the Interwebz.

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

Sincere thanks to everyone. I know I should be grateful that I have a job. Even if I'm not where I want to be, it's better to have something that allows me to pick and choose, rather than being desperate for anything that comes along. Plus, the interview was for a mostly lateral move, albeit for more money and a more attractive type of work, so maybe this is for the best. Still, it stings. I really thought I would at least get to the second interview. I mean, I walked out thinking I completely rocked the interview, and my credentials are perfect for what they want.

I've thought about asking for feedback, but I'm not sure if that's a good idea or not.

Thanks, guys. I suppose I hadn't really thought of that; it certainly makes me feel better. There could be someone out there who was already on the short list, so to speak.

I also have to keep in mind that I was applying in an area (Atlanta) that has seen double-digit unemployment since pretty much the start of the recession. There's no telling who I'm competing against, and there's not much I can do if someone comes in with similar credentials and considerably more experience. Or someone who would do the job for cheaper.

Thanks, Conne. Good luck hanging on to the new job.

Thanks, Stitch.

So, uh, does that new place you're at have any openings?

I don't think it's fair to blame charities for your boners.